Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, who is on an official visit to Azerbaijan.
It was noted during the meeting that the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and Russia is celebrated in 2017.
The ministers expressed their satisfaction with the development of good neighborly, friendly and strategic partnership relations between the two countries, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
The political significance of the Baku Declaration on Friendship and Strategic Cooperation, dated 3 July 2008, was particularly highlighted in the development of bilateral relations.
The ministers emphasized that sincere friendship and dialogue that exist between Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and Russian President Vladimir Putin gives special impetus to the development of strategic partnership relations between our countries.
Furthermore, the ministers reviewed the comprehensive enhancement of bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and Russia and discussed prospects for development.
The sides discussed the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and commended the latest developments and intensification of the negotiations.
They also noted successful cooperation between the two countries within the framework of international organizations.
The importance of the Intergovernmental Joint Commission and political consultations mechanism between the Foreign Ministries was emphasized in the advancement of cooperation between our countries.
At the meeting, the sides expressed their satisfaction with the regular direct inter-parliamentary relations and cooperation in international parliamentary organizations on the basis of the 2001 Agreement between the National Assembly of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation.
An important role played by the Azerbaijan-Russia Inter-regional Forum since 2011, in the expansion of trade turnover and trade relations between the two countries was also highlighted. As a result of the joint efforts of the two countries, the development of economic and trade relations and the growth of trade turnover and mutual tourist flow were especially emphasized.
Development of cooperation on the basis of Azerbaijan-Russia-Iran trilateral format and the joint activities aimed at the creation of the North-South transport corridor were highly appreciated.
In the humanitarian field, discussions were held on further development and enhancement of cooperation in the spheres of culture and public affairs, science and education, information and youth policy on the basis of bilateral cooperation programs and the importance of the Baku Humanitarian Forum held under the auspices of the two countries.
The ministers also exchanged views on the legal status of the Caspian Sea, expanding the legal framework, as well as regional and global issues.
A one-on-one meeting between the Azerbaijani and Russian foreign ministers kicked off in Baku on Monday.
The one-on-one meeting will be continued in an expanded format with the participation of the two countries’ delegations, APA reported.
The foreign ministers are scheduled to hold a joint press conference following the meeting.
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Pakistani counterpart
- 22.03.2018PACE co-rapporteurs to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 21.11.2017Fuad Isgandarov: EU attitude towards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity to change soon
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table