President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received a delegation led by Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey Mevlut Cavusoglu.
The Turkish FM underlined the importance of numerous reciprocal visits and meetings in strengthening bilateral relations between the two countries. Cavusoglu recalled his recent meeting with President Ilham Aliyev and the launch of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway this year, expressing his confidence that important projects will be implemented under the leadership of the heads of state in the years to come.
Pointing to the importance of the trilateral meeting of the Azerbaijani, Turkish, and Iranian FMs, Cavusoglu expressed his confidence that these meetings will continue.
President Ilham Aliyev described Azerbaijan-Turkey bilateral relations as excellent, emphasizing the significance of regular high-level reciprocal visits in strengthening ties between the two countries.
The head of state hailed the importance of the fact that the two countries continuously support and stand by each other.
President Ilham Aliyev noted that the Baku-hosted Azerbaijani, Turkish and Iranian FMs' trilateral meeting is of vital importance in terms of strengthening the bilateral cooperation.
Pointing to the launch of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway, the head of state described the project not only as regionally, but also an internationally important event.
They noted the significance of successful implementation of the TANAP project.
Related news releases
- 24.01.2018Azerbaijani President met with Chairman, CEO and Co-Founder of American company Blackstone
- 24.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with chairman and CEO of Lazard Freres
- 23.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Saudi Arabian minister of energy, industry and mineral resources
- 23.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Microsoft corporate vice president
- 23.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Deputy CEO of SUEZ GROUP in Davos
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: "We fulfill our obligations to reduce oil production"
- 23.01.2018Azerbaijani President met with the Georgian PM
- 23.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with President and Chairman of VTB Bank Management Board
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Diversification of economy is Azerbaijan’s main objective
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan managed to establish itself as a truly independent state
- 23.01.2018Davos Economic Forum kicks off today
- 23.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Royal Philips CEO
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with founder of BlackRock in Davos
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with vice president of Chevron Corporation
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with LUKOIL president in Davos
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with President of the World Economic Forum in Davos - UPDATED
- 22.01.2018Council of Europe Sec. Gen. positively assesses measures taken in Azerbaijan to humanize penalties
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani-Korean inter-parliamentary working group to visit Baku
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani MP elected PACE vice-president
- 22.01.2018Michele Nicoletti elected new PACE President
- 22.01.2018PACE winter session kicks off today
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia to hold talks on border delimitation
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 09.02.2010GUAM Secretary General Valeri Chechelashvili met co-ordinator of department of European programs US State department Lasy A. Wright
- 09.02.2010Azerbaijani and Israeli Foreign Ministers hold meeting
- 09.02.2010Iranian ambassador to Azerbaijan: There is no obstacle for the expansion of the relations between the two countries – INTERVIEW
- 09.02.2010US based Los Angeles Times disregards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 09.02.2010Executive Director of Nixon Center: I believe that the US priorities in its relationship with Azerbaijan have not changed
- 09.02.2010US policy on Caspian Sea to be discussed in Washington