Azerbaijan and Saudi Arabia have good prospects in cooperation – president - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received a delegation led by Minister of State for Gulf Affairs of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Thamer Al-Sabhan.
The head of state hailed Azerbaijan-Saudi Arabia bilateral relations as excellent. Recalling with pleasure his official visit to Saudi Arabia, hospitality shown to him and negotiations held during the visit, President Ilham Aliyev described all this as a good indicator of friendship between the two countries.
The head of state hailed the two countries' successful cooperation in a number of areas, saying Azerbaijan-Saudi Arabia enjoy excellent bilateral cooperation within international organizations too.
Saying Saudi Arabia has no diplomatic relations with Armenia in connection with the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and the occupation of the Azerbaijani lands, President Ilham Aliyev once again expressed his gratitude to Saudi Arabia for the brotherly attitude.
Praising excellent Azerbaijan-Saudi Arabia political relations, President Ilham Aliyev underlined the importance of focusing on economic cooperation, in particular, development of mutual trade. Hailing good prospects in this area, the head of state expressed his confidence that all these and other issues will be discussed during the visit of Saudi Minister of State for Gulf Affairs Thamer Al-Sabhan to the country.
Minister of State Thamer Al-Sabhan conveyed the greetings of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King of Saudi Arabia Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia Muhammad bin Nayef bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud to President Ilham Aliyev. He said that Saudi Arabia's stance on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged.
Thamer Al-Sabhan underlined his country's keenness to develop bilateral and multilateral cooperation with Azerbaijan in all spheres.
He noted that reciprocal visits between the two countries' officials will give an impetus to the expansion of bilateral ties.
The head of state thanked for the greetings of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King of Saudi Arabia Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia Muhammad bin Nayef bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud and asked the Minister of State to extend his greetings to the King and Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.
Related news releases
- 29.05.2017Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev phoned Hassan Rouhani
- 29.05.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for Colombia
- 29.05.2017Hassan Rouhani sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 29.05.2017NATO PA spring session ends in Tbilisi
- 29.05.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Hungary
- 29.05.2017Azerbaijan, Russia start joint cross-border operation
- 29.05.2017Utah State Senate signs citation recognizing Azerbaijan Republic Day
- 29.05.2017May 28 recognized as “Azerbaijan National Day” by California State Legislators
- 27.05.2017Emperor of Japan sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani President
- 27.05.2017Azerbaijani president sends letter of condolence to Egyptian counterpart
- 26.05.2017Azerbaijan condemns terror attack in Egypt
- 26.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan highly appreciates Trump’s speech at Arab Islamic American Summit
- 26.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world's strong armies
- 26.05.2017Trump: Azerbaijan is valued partner of US
- 26.05.2017Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan is most interested party in earliest resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2017West Hollywood proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Switzerland
- 25.05.2017Putin: Azerbaijan plays important role in resolving pressing issues on int’l agenda
- 25.05.2017Russia says it has open dialogue with Azerbaijan
- 25.05.2017Document on illegal activities in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands circulated at UN
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with UN Secretary General
- 25.05.2017Republic Day of Azerbaijan celebrated in Los Angeles
- 24.05.2017Lukashenko: Azerbaijan’s high achievements are an example for many states
- 24.05.2017Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.05.2017Erdogan: Turkey highly appreciates Azerbaijan’s achievements in all areas
- 24.05.2017Pope Francis congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.05.2017Volume of US financial aid to Azerbaijan revealed
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary
- 24.05.2017Armenian representative’s objection causes discontent in Euronest PA
- 24.05.2017UK envoy: Terrorism will never win
- 24.05.2017PACE co-rapporteurs to visit Azerbaijan
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for New York
- 23.05.2017Kings of Sweden, Norway and Netherlands send congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2017Frank-Walter Steinmeier sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s policy aimed at putting an end to conflicts between Muslim countries
- 23.05.2017MFA comments on anti-Azerbaijani article published in Russian state news agency
- 23.05.2017UK embassy in Azerbaijan to open book of condolences
- 23.05.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to change region’s fate - Turkish PM
- 23.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Theresa May
- 23.05.2017No Azerbaijanis among victims of Manchester explosion
- 10.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of French senators - UPDATED
- 10.03.2017French senator believes parliamentary diplomacy can positively affect Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.03.2017Erdogan: "We discussed creating the tripartite union of Turkey, Russia and Azerbaijan"
- 09.03.2017Prof Lotfi A.Zadeh congratulates Mehriban Aliyeva
- 08.03.2017Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijani President expected to visit Moscow"
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijan sees fight against terrorism as a ‘priority’ in co-op with EU, US and Russia