Azerbaijan and Saudi Arabia have good prospects in cooperation – president - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received a delegation led by Minister of State for Gulf Affairs of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Thamer Al-Sabhan.
The head of state hailed Azerbaijan-Saudi Arabia bilateral relations as excellent. Recalling with pleasure his official visit to Saudi Arabia, hospitality shown to him and negotiations held during the visit, President Ilham Aliyev described all this as a good indicator of friendship between the two countries.
The head of state hailed the two countries' successful cooperation in a number of areas, saying Azerbaijan-Saudi Arabia enjoy excellent bilateral cooperation within international organizations too.
Saying Saudi Arabia has no diplomatic relations with Armenia in connection with the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and the occupation of the Azerbaijani lands, President Ilham Aliyev once again expressed his gratitude to Saudi Arabia for the brotherly attitude.
Praising excellent Azerbaijan-Saudi Arabia political relations, President Ilham Aliyev underlined the importance of focusing on economic cooperation, in particular, development of mutual trade. Hailing good prospects in this area, the head of state expressed his confidence that all these and other issues will be discussed during the visit of Saudi Minister of State for Gulf Affairs Thamer Al-Sabhan to the country.
Minister of State Thamer Al-Sabhan conveyed the greetings of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King of Saudi Arabia Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia Muhammad bin Nayef bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud to President Ilham Aliyev. He said that Saudi Arabia's stance on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged.
Thamer Al-Sabhan underlined his country's keenness to develop bilateral and multilateral cooperation with Azerbaijan in all spheres.
He noted that reciprocal visits between the two countries' officials will give an impetus to the expansion of bilateral ties.
The head of state thanked for the greetings of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King of Saudi Arabia Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia Muhammad bin Nayef bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud and asked the Minister of State to extend his greetings to the King and Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2018Romanian president congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Turkey
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey-Azerbaijan joint projects are of great economic and political significance
- 25.04.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan is increasing its military power also at expense of Turkish defense products
- 25.04.2018Turkey is one of world’s powers: Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey brotherhood, friendship has great future
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey ink six documents
- 25.04.2018Erdogan says hopes he will make first foreign visit to Azerbaijan as president after June 24 elections
- 25.04.2018Ankara hosts Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council meeting
- 25.04.2018Israeli envoy visits Guba Genocide Memorial Complex
- 25.04.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Ilham Aliyev is important person for region and whole world
- 25.04.2018Meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents kicks off in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani president officially welcomed in Ankara
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Anitkabir in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: No countries in world are as close to each other as Azerbaijan and Turkey
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents dined together
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Heydar Aliyev Park in Ankara
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey on official visit
- 24.04.2018UN secretary general congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.04.2018France’s Macron congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on presidential election victory
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s consul general addresses Los Angeles Baha’i community
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian foreign intelligence chief
- 23.04.2018Azarbaijan's president to visit Turkey on Tuesday
- 23.04.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been in PACE for 18 years and no one can accuse me of corruption
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 23.04.2018Pakistani president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Russian minister: Stability in Azerbaijan is of great importance
- 23.04.2018PACE spring session kicks off today
- 21.04.2018Georgian PM congratulates Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018TANAP, TAP to play important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security – Turkish minister
- 21.04.2018Plight of Azerbaijani IDPs to be highlighted at PACE spring session
- 20.04.2018Baku: Belgian MPs’ acting as supporters of Kaspar Karampetian causes regret
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry hosts meeting with foreign military attaches
- 20.04.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Miroslav Lajčák: UN’s success in preventing conflict should be the norm – not the exception
- 20.04.2018German president congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Mohammed VI, King of Morocco congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: We're glad that there is an unbiased view of Skripal issue in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: Relations with Azerbaijan a foreign policy priority for Russia
- 10.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of French senators - UPDATED
- 10.03.2017French senator believes parliamentary diplomacy can positively affect Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.03.2017Erdogan: "We discussed creating the tripartite union of Turkey, Russia and Azerbaijan"
- 09.03.2017Prof Lotfi A.Zadeh congratulates Mehriban Aliyeva
- 08.03.2017Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijani President expected to visit Moscow"
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijan sees fight against terrorism as a ‘priority’ in co-op with EU, US and Russia