Azerbaijan and Saudi Arabia have good prospects in cooperation – president - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received a delegation led by Minister of State for Gulf Affairs of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Thamer Al-Sabhan.
The head of state hailed Azerbaijan-Saudi Arabia bilateral relations as excellent. Recalling with pleasure his official visit to Saudi Arabia, hospitality shown to him and negotiations held during the visit, President Ilham Aliyev described all this as a good indicator of friendship between the two countries.
The head of state hailed the two countries' successful cooperation in a number of areas, saying Azerbaijan-Saudi Arabia enjoy excellent bilateral cooperation within international organizations too.
Saying Saudi Arabia has no diplomatic relations with Armenia in connection with the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and the occupation of the Azerbaijani lands, President Ilham Aliyev once again expressed his gratitude to Saudi Arabia for the brotherly attitude.
Praising excellent Azerbaijan-Saudi Arabia political relations, President Ilham Aliyev underlined the importance of focusing on economic cooperation, in particular, development of mutual trade. Hailing good prospects in this area, the head of state expressed his confidence that all these and other issues will be discussed during the visit of Saudi Minister of State for Gulf Affairs Thamer Al-Sabhan to the country.
Minister of State Thamer Al-Sabhan conveyed the greetings of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King of Saudi Arabia Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia Muhammad bin Nayef bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud to President Ilham Aliyev. He said that Saudi Arabia's stance on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged.
Thamer Al-Sabhan underlined his country's keenness to develop bilateral and multilateral cooperation with Azerbaijan in all spheres.
He noted that reciprocal visits between the two countries' officials will give an impetus to the expansion of bilateral ties.
The head of state thanked for the greetings of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King of Saudi Arabia Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia Muhammad bin Nayef bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud and asked the Minister of State to extend his greetings to the King and Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.
Related news releases
- 23.02.2018Moldovan president to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018U.S. aims to help Azerbaijan become a strong, prosperous state: Ambassador Cekuta
- 23.02.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with head of Iran's Islamic Culture and Relations Organization
- 23.02.2018Erdogan: 415 sq km now under control in Afrin operation
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan calls Dutch parliament’s decision ‘biased’
- 23.02.2018Film on Khojaly Genocide screened in California
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 10.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of French senators - UPDATED
- 10.03.2017French senator believes parliamentary diplomacy can positively affect Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.03.2017Erdogan: "We discussed creating the tripartite union of Turkey, Russia and Azerbaijan"
- 09.03.2017Prof Lotfi A.Zadeh congratulates Mehriban Aliyeva
- 08.03.2017Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijani President expected to visit Moscow"
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijan sees fight against terrorism as a ‘priority’ in co-op with EU, US and Russia