Azerbaijan and Saudi Arabia have good prospects in cooperation – president - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received a delegation led by Minister of State for Gulf Affairs of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Thamer Al-Sabhan.
The head of state hailed Azerbaijan-Saudi Arabia bilateral relations as excellent. Recalling with pleasure his official visit to Saudi Arabia, hospitality shown to him and negotiations held during the visit, President Ilham Aliyev described all this as a good indicator of friendship between the two countries.
The head of state hailed the two countries' successful cooperation in a number of areas, saying Azerbaijan-Saudi Arabia enjoy excellent bilateral cooperation within international organizations too.
Saying Saudi Arabia has no diplomatic relations with Armenia in connection with the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and the occupation of the Azerbaijani lands, President Ilham Aliyev once again expressed his gratitude to Saudi Arabia for the brotherly attitude.
Praising excellent Azerbaijan-Saudi Arabia political relations, President Ilham Aliyev underlined the importance of focusing on economic cooperation, in particular, development of mutual trade. Hailing good prospects in this area, the head of state expressed his confidence that all these and other issues will be discussed during the visit of Saudi Minister of State for Gulf Affairs Thamer Al-Sabhan to the country.
Minister of State Thamer Al-Sabhan conveyed the greetings of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King of Saudi Arabia Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia Muhammad bin Nayef bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud to President Ilham Aliyev. He said that Saudi Arabia's stance on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged.
Thamer Al-Sabhan underlined his country's keenness to develop bilateral and multilateral cooperation with Azerbaijan in all spheres.
He noted that reciprocal visits between the two countries' officials will give an impetus to the expansion of bilateral ties.
The head of state thanked for the greetings of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King of Saudi Arabia Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia Muhammad bin Nayef bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud and asked the Minister of State to extend his greetings to the King and Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.
Related news releases
- 23.11.2017EU says aviation agreement with Azerbaijan will definitely enhance co-op in this sector
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani president attends NATO's North Atlantic Council meeting
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev, NATO Sec-Gen Stoltenberg make press statements
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with NATO Sec-Gen in Brussels
- 22.11.2017Head of Azerbaijani PA delivers lecture at meeting of secretaries of CIS security councils
- 22.11.2017Georgian President and PM congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents to meet in Brussels
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani MPs to attend PACE events
- 21.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan supports combating all forms of terrorism
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Lebanese counterpart
- 21.11.2017EU concerned over unresolved conflicts in Eastern Partnership region
- 21.11.2017Fuad Isgandarov: EU attitude towards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity to change soon
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 10.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of French senators - UPDATED
- 10.03.2017French senator believes parliamentary diplomacy can positively affect Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.03.2017Erdogan: "We discussed creating the tripartite union of Turkey, Russia and Azerbaijan"
- 09.03.2017Prof Lotfi A.Zadeh congratulates Mehriban Aliyeva
- 08.03.2017Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijani President expected to visit Moscow"
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijan sees fight against terrorism as a ‘priority’ in co-op with EU, US and Russia