President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Qatari minister - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received a delegation led by Minister of Education and Higher Education of the State of Qatar Mohammed bin Abdul Wahed Al-Hammadi.
The head of state pointed out close partnership between Azerbaijan and Qatar, saying it is important that the relations cover as many areas as possible.
President Aliyev underlined the significance of his recent meeting with Qatar’s foreign minister, his own planned visit to Qatar as well as the visit of the Qatari minister of education and higher education to Baku. The head of state noted that reciprocal visits are a good sign of partnership between the two countries.
Ilham Aliyev emphasized the significance of education to future generations, saying it plays a vital role in developing Azerbaijan-Qatar ties. The head of state said education is one of the key priority areas both in Azerbaijan and Qatar. The president highlighted the importance of studying practical aspects of partnership in the field of education, expressing his confidence that this will contribute to the elaboration of a long-term cooperation program.
The head of state said that during the official visit of Emir of the State of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani to Azerbaijan it was decided to set up Azerbaijan-Qatar Joint Economic, Trade and Technical Commission, expressing his hope that apart from economic issues, this commission will focus on all areas of the bilateral cooperation.
The Qatari minister said they are looking forward to President Ilham Aliyev’s visit to Qatar. Saying that Qatari and Azerbaijani educational authorities conduct meetings and fruitful discussions, the minister expressed his hope that the two countries will establish solid cooperation in the field of education. Al-Hammadi said both Azerbaijan and Qatar are moving forward on the path of development. He highlighted huge projects implemented under the patronage of the Emir of the State of Qatar.
Qatar’s minister described Azerbaijan as a very beautiful country, saying it has made great strides thanks to efforts of President Ilham Aliyev.
- 23.10.2017Georgia’s prime minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.10.2017Top official: PACE seems to have turned into tool in hands of certain circles
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani official: We had urged countries now faced with separatism to state their stance against separatism
- 23.10.2017Iranian interior minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: No one in Europe wants Azerbaijan to leave Council of Europe
- 23.10.2017Talks underway to free Azerbaijanis detained in Iraq, diplomat says
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani FM Mammadyarov leaves for Italy
- 21.10.2017Pan-African Parliament’s President to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Kubiv: Positivity in Kiev-Baku relations bothers some inside and outside of Ukraine
- 20.10.2017Austrian ambassador: Azerbaijan and Armenia can not be forced into one way of solution - INTERVIEW
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 20.02.2017Foreign diplomats, their spouses visit Azerbaijan’s Shaki and Gakh
- 21.02.2017Ukrainian deputy: Cases of pressure on Azerbaijani businessmen to be investigated
- 21.02.2017Azerbaijani FM to attend int’l event on Khojaly genocide in Turkey
- 18.02.2017Azerbaijani President attended panel discussion at Munich Security Conference
- 18.02.2017Azerbaijani president meets with UN Secretary-General in Munich - UPDATED
- 18.02.2017Azerbaijani FM reiterates concern and position of Azerbaijan with regard to operation of OSCE Yerevan Office in contrary to its mandate