President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Qatari minister - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received a delegation led by Minister of Education and Higher Education of the State of Qatar Mohammed bin Abdul Wahed Al-Hammadi.
The head of state pointed out close partnership between Azerbaijan and Qatar, saying it is important that the relations cover as many areas as possible.
President Aliyev underlined the significance of his recent meeting with Qatar’s foreign minister, his own planned visit to Qatar as well as the visit of the Qatari minister of education and higher education to Baku. The head of state noted that reciprocal visits are a good sign of partnership between the two countries.
Ilham Aliyev emphasized the significance of education to future generations, saying it plays a vital role in developing Azerbaijan-Qatar ties. The head of state said education is one of the key priority areas both in Azerbaijan and Qatar. The president highlighted the importance of studying practical aspects of partnership in the field of education, expressing his confidence that this will contribute to the elaboration of a long-term cooperation program.
The head of state said that during the official visit of Emir of the State of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani to Azerbaijan it was decided to set up Azerbaijan-Qatar Joint Economic, Trade and Technical Commission, expressing his hope that apart from economic issues, this commission will focus on all areas of the bilateral cooperation.
The Qatari minister said they are looking forward to President Ilham Aliyev’s visit to Qatar. Saying that Qatari and Azerbaijani educational authorities conduct meetings and fruitful discussions, the minister expressed his hope that the two countries will establish solid cooperation in the field of education. Al-Hammadi said both Azerbaijan and Qatar are moving forward on the path of development. He highlighted huge projects implemented under the patronage of the Emir of the State of Qatar.
Qatar’s minister described Azerbaijan as a very beautiful country, saying it has made great strides thanks to efforts of President Ilham Aliyev.
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani, French FMs mull Karabakh separatists’ illegal visits to EU countries
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijan asks France for support in talks on new deal with EU
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijan, France to establish joint commission to boost ties
- 27.05.2018France’s Macron expected to visit Azerbaijan in late 2018
- 27.05.2018Meeting between Azerbaijani, French FMs kicks off in Baku
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani president expected to visit France in July
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev received French minister of Europe and foreign affairs - UPDATED
- 27.05.2018MFA:The sovereign territory of the Azerbaijani Democratic Republic was 114,000 square kilometers
- 26.05.2018Ogtay Asadov attends events dedicated to centenary of first Georgian republic
- 26.05.2018Emmanuel Macron: France to do its utmost for fair resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2018Italian president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Finnish President congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Azerbaijan’s parliamentary speaker starts visit to Georgia
- 26.05.2018San Diego proclaims May 28 as “100th Anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic Day”
- 26.05.2018Mayor of Cleveland signs proclamation designating May 28 as Centennial Celebration of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2018Japan’s Emperor Akihito congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.05.2018Jamestown Foundation dedicates article to centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Los Angeles celebrates 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 24.05.2018Consultations held in Astana concerning Caspian legal status
- 24.05.2018Chinese president: Azerbaijan’s int’l status and influence growing day after day
- 24.05.2018Putin: Azerbaijan enjoys great authority in int’l community
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani president pardons 634 people - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 20.02.2017Foreign diplomats, their spouses visit Azerbaijan’s Shaki and Gakh
- 21.02.2017Ukrainian deputy: Cases of pressure on Azerbaijani businessmen to be investigated
- 21.02.2017Azerbaijani FM to attend int’l event on Khojaly genocide in Turkey
- 18.02.2017Azerbaijani President attended panel discussion at Munich Security Conference
- 18.02.2017Azerbaijani president meets with UN Secretary-General in Munich - UPDATED
- 18.02.2017Azerbaijani FM reiterates concern and position of Azerbaijan with regard to operation of OSCE Yerevan Office in contrary to its mandate