President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Qatari minister - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received a delegation led by Minister of Education and Higher Education of the State of Qatar Mohammed bin Abdul Wahed Al-Hammadi.
The head of state pointed out close partnership between Azerbaijan and Qatar, saying it is important that the relations cover as many areas as possible.
President Aliyev underlined the significance of his recent meeting with Qatar’s foreign minister, his own planned visit to Qatar as well as the visit of the Qatari minister of education and higher education to Baku. The head of state noted that reciprocal visits are a good sign of partnership between the two countries.
Ilham Aliyev emphasized the significance of education to future generations, saying it plays a vital role in developing Azerbaijan-Qatar ties. The head of state said education is one of the key priority areas both in Azerbaijan and Qatar. The president highlighted the importance of studying practical aspects of partnership in the field of education, expressing his confidence that this will contribute to the elaboration of a long-term cooperation program.
The head of state said that during the official visit of Emir of the State of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani to Azerbaijan it was decided to set up Azerbaijan-Qatar Joint Economic, Trade and Technical Commission, expressing his hope that apart from economic issues, this commission will focus on all areas of the bilateral cooperation.
The Qatari minister said they are looking forward to President Ilham Aliyev’s visit to Qatar. Saying that Qatari and Azerbaijani educational authorities conduct meetings and fruitful discussions, the minister expressed his hope that the two countries will establish solid cooperation in the field of education. Al-Hammadi said both Azerbaijan and Qatar are moving forward on the path of development. He highlighted huge projects implemented under the patronage of the Emir of the State of Qatar.
Qatar’s minister described Azerbaijan as a very beautiful country, saying it has made great strides thanks to efforts of President Ilham Aliyev.
- 26.03.2017Denmark supports Azerbaijan's territorial integrity - envoy
- 23.03.2017Pakistan, Azerbaijan enjoy excellent bilateral ties – envoy
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemns London terror attack
- 22.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates his counterpart Mamnoon Hussain on Pakistan Day
- 18.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan submitted draft agreement to European Commission
- 18.03.2017Man shot after attack at Paris Orly airport
- 18.03.2017Azerbaijani President congratulates his Tunisian counterpart
- 18.03.2017Mevlut Cavusoglu: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project to be launched in two months
- 18.03.2017Nowruz festivities held in Washington
- 17.03.2017Mehriban Aliyeva meet with delgation headed by Iranian Minister
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev meets chairman of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Saudi prince - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Fifth Global Baku Forum underway
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president’s messages to French society and president: - OPINION
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev receives Iran’s ICT minister - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry summons Greek ambassador
- 17.03.2017Baku Forum features session on future of Europe
- 17.03.2017Slovenia’s ex-president calls for reconsideration of Eastern Partnership principles
- 17.03.2017China’s role in int’l relations highlighted at Baku forum
- 17.03.2017Albania fully supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity, says president
- 17.03.2017Baku hosts senior officials’ meeting of Istanbul Process
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan, France celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 16.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov meets Iran’s ICT minister
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev praises close co-op between Azerbaijan, Georgia - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Albanian counterpart
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Latvian counterpart - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Montenegrin counterpart
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan's First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Macedonian first lady
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Macedonian counterpart
- 16.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador Marianna Vardinoyannis
- 16.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets former Latvian president
- 16.03.2017Bulgaria’s ex-president: Solution to int’l conflicts is not dependent on conflict parties only
- 16.03.2017Latvia, Azerbaijan enjoy very good relations – President Vejonis
- 16.03.2017Ex-Bulgarian president urges Armenia to fulfill UN resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 16.03.2017Latvian president: Political will needed to resolve all conflicts
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan turned into a host of int’l events: ex-Polish president
- 16.03.2017Saudi prince urges implementation of resolutions on Palestine, Nagorno-Karabakh
- 16.03.2017No alternative to European integration for Albania, president says
- 16.03.2017Baku – right place for holding int’l forums
- 20.02.2017Foreign diplomats, their spouses visit Azerbaijan’s Shaki and Gakh
- 21.02.2017Ukrainian deputy: Cases of pressure on Azerbaijani businessmen to be investigated
- 21.02.2017Azerbaijani FM to attend int’l event on Khojaly genocide in Turkey
- 18.02.2017Azerbaijani President attended panel discussion at Munich Security Conference
- 18.02.2017Azerbaijani president meets with UN Secretary-General in Munich - UPDATED
- 18.02.2017Azerbaijani FM reiterates concern and position of Azerbaijan with regard to operation of OSCE Yerevan Office in contrary to its mandate