Azerbaijani president: Armenia interested in delaying peace talks - UPDATED
Saying the OSCE attaches great importance to cooperation with Azerbaijan, Christine Muttonen noted that the organization’s representative in Azerbaijan spared no efforts to develop this cooperation. She also pointed out the active work of the Azerbaijani delegation to the OSCE PA, saying they have put forward significant initiatives and resolutions.
Underlining that this is her first visit to Azerbaijan as president of the OSCE PA, Christine Muttonen hailed President Ilham Aliyev’s attention to the educational institutions. She praised the fact that school- and education-related issues are among key priorities for Azerbaijan, emphasizing the importance of what has been done in the country in this regard, particularly construction of new schools.
Highlighting the recent initiatives put forward by Azerbaijan and the projects implemented in the country, President Ilham Aliyev noted that these factors also contribute to international cooperation.
The head of state emphasized that Azerbaijan has already become a center of multiculturalism and intercultural dialogue, saying the country is periodically hosting significant events with the involvement of various international organizations.
Providing an insight into the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, President Ilham Aliyev said that Azerbaijan has spared no efforts to ensure a fair and peaceful settlement of the dispute through negotiations, while the Armenian side is interested in delaying the peace talks.
The head of state noted that education is crucial in the development of children and youth. Saying he inspects the newly built and overhauled schools in Baku ahead of each academic year, President Ilham Aliyev hailed the improving quality of education in Azerbaijan. He described education as one of the key priorities for the country, pointing out the fact that during the years of independence the Azerbaijani government managed to maintain the level of the population’s literary close to 100 per cent. The President expressed his confidence that the visit of president of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly Christine Muttonen to Azerbaijan will be successful and fruitful.
They also exchanged views on the current state and prospects of the talks on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Related news releases
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister attends GUAM-Japan ministerial meeting
- 22.09.2017Armenian MPs to go sightseeing in Baku
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani deputy education minister blames Armenian MP for making false remarks at Baku conference
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan calls on EU to display ‘decisive stance’ against Armenia
- 22.09.2017GUAM countries interested in development of mutually beneficial co-op with US
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan says energy co-op with EU has reached level of strategic partnership
- 22.09.2017NATO Secretary General's Special Representative to visit Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2017Armenian MPs to attend Euronest PA conference in Baku
- 21.09.2017Turkic Council foreign ministers meet in New York
- 21.09.2017Work underway to bring home Azerbaijani children found in territories freed from ISIL
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan preparing for Eastern Partnership summit: deputy FM
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan says ‘no serious progress’ in talks with WTO
- 21.09.2017EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on trade to hold meeting in Brussels
- 21.09.2017New Azerbaijan-EU deal unlikely to be signed by year-end – deputy FM
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan, EU to mull new partnership priorities in late September
- 21.09.2017Tehran to host discussions on Caspian Sea’s legal status
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Non-Aligned Movement plays crucial role in maintaining int’l peace
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in New York
- 20.09.2017President: Since 2004, Azerbaijan’s economy has grown more than threefold
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plays important role on global energy market
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Development of democracy, human rights protection among Azerbaijan’s top priorities
- 20.09.2017Chairman of EU Political and Security Committee to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.09.2017Jankauskas announces date of next round of EU-Azerbaijan talks on new deal - UPDATED
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev to address UN General Assembly
- 20.09.2017FM: Azerbaijan supports lasting solution to Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijani President attends state banquet at UN headquarters
- 20.09.2017Benjamin Netanyahu: “Israel expanded corporation with Azerbaijan" - VIDEO
- 19.09.2017China, Azerbaijan consider education a priority area – ambassador
- 19.09.2017PACE co-rapporteurs make statement following their visit to Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with representatives of American Jewish organizations in New York
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Foundation for Ethnic Understanding in New York
- 17.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in the United States for visit
- 15.09.2017First Vice President Mehriban Aliyeva meets with French Minister of State attached to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Mexican counterpart
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan checking if its citizens among London underground attack victims
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani FM meets Lao president
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets French Secretary of State to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives PACE co-rapporteurs - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017Moscow hosts int’l conference on Azerbaijan-Russia relations - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017UK hails Azerbaijan’s clear stance on counterterrorism
- 08.09.2017Russia says false reports on arms deal with Azerbaijan should be regarded as pressure on its allies
- 08.09.2017No Azerbaijanis among mayoral candidates of Georgia’s ruling party
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates North Korean leader
- 08.09.2017Ambassador Kim Chang-gyu: North Korea’s irresponsible nuclear test increase cause of total destruction of human world
- 08.09.2017OSCE PA to hold discussions on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 07.09.2017OSCE PA President arrives in Azerbaijan