Azerbaijani president: Armenia interested in delaying peace talks - UPDATED
Saying the OSCE attaches great importance to cooperation with Azerbaijan, Christine Muttonen noted that the organization’s representative in Azerbaijan spared no efforts to develop this cooperation. She also pointed out the active work of the Azerbaijani delegation to the OSCE PA, saying they have put forward significant initiatives and resolutions.
Underlining that this is her first visit to Azerbaijan as president of the OSCE PA, Christine Muttonen hailed President Ilham Aliyev’s attention to the educational institutions. She praised the fact that school- and education-related issues are among key priorities for Azerbaijan, emphasizing the importance of what has been done in the country in this regard, particularly construction of new schools.
Highlighting the recent initiatives put forward by Azerbaijan and the projects implemented in the country, President Ilham Aliyev noted that these factors also contribute to international cooperation.
The head of state emphasized that Azerbaijan has already become a center of multiculturalism and intercultural dialogue, saying the country is periodically hosting significant events with the involvement of various international organizations.
Providing an insight into the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, President Ilham Aliyev said that Azerbaijan has spared no efforts to ensure a fair and peaceful settlement of the dispute through negotiations, while the Armenian side is interested in delaying the peace talks.
The head of state noted that education is crucial in the development of children and youth. Saying he inspects the newly built and overhauled schools in Baku ahead of each academic year, President Ilham Aliyev hailed the improving quality of education in Azerbaijan. He described education as one of the key priorities for the country, pointing out the fact that during the years of independence the Azerbaijani government managed to maintain the level of the population’s literary close to 100 per cent. The President expressed his confidence that the visit of president of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly Christine Muttonen to Azerbaijan will be successful and fruitful.
They also exchanged views on the current state and prospects of the talks on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Related news releases
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 08.09.2017Russia says false reports on arms deal with Azerbaijan should be regarded as pressure on its allies
- 08.09.2017No Azerbaijanis among mayoral candidates of Georgia’s ruling party
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates North Korean leader
- 08.09.2017Ambassador Kim Chang-gyu: North Korea’s irresponsible nuclear test increase cause of total destruction of human world
- 08.09.2017OSCE PA to hold discussions on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 07.09.2017OSCE PA President arrives in Azerbaijan