President Ilham Aliyev receives Montenegrin FM
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received a delegation led by Minister of Foreign Affairs of Montenegro Srdjan Darmanovic.
President Ilham Aliyev highlighted very good relations covering various spheres and high-level cooperation format between the two countries. Recalling his visits to Montenegro and the Montenegrin President’s and Prime Minister’s visits to Azerbaijan, the head of state said ministers and other officials also pay reciprocal visits and emphasized the importance of all these visits in terms of development of bilateral cooperation. President Ilham Aliyev noted the two countries’ cooperation in many areas, including economy, energy, investment, trade and tourism. Touching upon the Memorandum of Understanding on energy cooperation signed between Azerbaijan and Montenegro, the head of state underlined the successful work in this area and expressed his hope that the memorandum would be of great benefit in this regard.
Saying that both Azerbaijan and Montenegro have a developed tourism infrastructure, President Ilham Aliyev stressed the necessity of attracting more tourists in both directions.
Montenegrin Minister of Foreign Affairs Srdjan Darmanovic said he visits Azerbaijan for the first time, adding that he is deeply impressed by Azerbaijan`s achievements gained over a short period of time. He said he was honored to visit the memorial of national leader Heydar Aliyev in the Alley of Honors, stressing that the great leader played a crucial role in the development of Azerbaijan. “President Ilham Aliyev successfully continues his policy and achieved rapid development of the country,” he added.
The head of state expressed his confidence that Montenegrin Foreign Minister Srdjan Darmanovic's visit to Baku would be of great importance in terms of getting more impressions on Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemned terror attack in mosque in Egypt
- 24.11.2017Donald Tusk: Unresolved conflicts in partner countries hamper cooperation
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Egyptian counterpart
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan, EU sign document on Trans-European Transport Network
- 24.11.2017EaP Summit welcomes good progress in talks on new Eu-Azerbaijan agreement
- 24.11.2017EU reaffirms support to territorial integrity of all its partners
- 24.11.2017Joint declaration adopted at EaP summit in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Russia’s key role in relations with Azerbaijan, Armenia ‘apparent’, says Merkel
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign plan for security cooperation
- 24.11.2017Eastern Partnership summit gets underway in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Alan Duncan: BTK and SGC projects – visible signs of extraordinary co-op between UK and Azerbaijan over past 25 years
- 24.11.2017EaP countries’ leaders officially welcomed in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Eastern Partnership summit to set new goals for future partnership – EU envoy
- 24.11.2017Brussels to host Eastern Partnership summit
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev invites NATO Sec-Gen to Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2017NATO calls on Azerbaijan to step up security sector reform
- 23.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will continue partnership with NATO to provide stability in region
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Benelux countries agree on visa exemption for service passport holders
- 23.11.2017EU hopes talks on new agreement with Azerbaijan will be finalized next year
- 23.11.2017CMO chairman expresses support for Russia’s anti-ISIL operations
- 23.11.2017EU commissioner: ‘BTK project is in our interest’
- 23.11.2017Johannes Hahn: Eastern Partnership Declaration to be signed tomorrow
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Japan hold political consultations
- 23.11.2017EU says aviation agreement with Azerbaijan will definitely enhance co-op in this sector
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani president attends NATO's North Atlantic Council meeting
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev, NATO Sec-Gen Stoltenberg make press statements
- 22.11.2017Head of Azerbaijani PA delivers lecture at meeting of secretaries of CIS security councils
- 22.11.2017Georgian President and PM congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents to meet in Brussels
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani MPs to attend PACE events
- 21.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan supports combating all forms of terrorism
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Lebanese counterpart
- 21.11.2017EU concerned over unresolved conflicts in Eastern Partnership region
- 21.11.2017Fuad Isgandarov: EU attitude towards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity to change soon
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijani, Iranian, Russian presidents underline importance of BTK project at Tehran meeting
- 02.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets deputy chairman of Russia’s Federation Council, chairman of People’s Assembly of Dagestan
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia’s joining BTK possible only after Karabakh conflict settlement
- 02.11.2017Joint Statement: "Unresolved conflicts are a significant obstacle to regional cooperation"
- 01.11.2017Joint Statement: "Azerbaijan, Russia and Iran support the expansion of cooperation in the oil and gas sectors"
- 01.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan, Iran and Russia is important for ensuring security"