President Ilham Aliyev receives Montenegrin FM
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received a delegation led by Minister of Foreign Affairs of Montenegro Srdjan Darmanovic.
President Ilham Aliyev highlighted very good relations covering various spheres and high-level cooperation format between the two countries. Recalling his visits to Montenegro and the Montenegrin President’s and Prime Minister’s visits to Azerbaijan, the head of state said ministers and other officials also pay reciprocal visits and emphasized the importance of all these visits in terms of development of bilateral cooperation. President Ilham Aliyev noted the two countries’ cooperation in many areas, including economy, energy, investment, trade and tourism. Touching upon the Memorandum of Understanding on energy cooperation signed between Azerbaijan and Montenegro, the head of state underlined the successful work in this area and expressed his hope that the memorandum would be of great benefit in this regard.
Saying that both Azerbaijan and Montenegro have a developed tourism infrastructure, President Ilham Aliyev stressed the necessity of attracting more tourists in both directions.
Montenegrin Minister of Foreign Affairs Srdjan Darmanovic said he visits Azerbaijan for the first time, adding that he is deeply impressed by Azerbaijan`s achievements gained over a short period of time. He said he was honored to visit the memorial of national leader Heydar Aliyev in the Alley of Honors, stressing that the great leader played a crucial role in the development of Azerbaijan. “President Ilham Aliyev successfully continues his policy and achieved rapid development of the country,” he added.
The head of state expressed his confidence that Montenegrin Foreign Minister Srdjan Darmanovic's visit to Baku would be of great importance in terms of getting more impressions on Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Algerian justice minister
- 23.06.2018Afghan deputy FM says relations with Azerbaijan at highest level
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention on Caspian legal status allows laying pipelines on seabed
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention bans military presence of non-party countries in Caspian Sea
- 22.06.2018Russian government approves draft Convention on Caspian legal status
- 22.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives members of ADB Board of Governors
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani PM: There is practically no concept of justice in int’l relations
- 22.06.20182018 CAMCA Regional Forum underway in Baku
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan chose to closely cooperate with West – PM
- 22.06.2018U.S. congressman extends congratulations over centenary of ADR
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Implementation of UN SC resolutions entrusted to OSCE MG co-chairs
- 21.06.2018Guterres stresses importance of implementing UNSC resolutions
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Minsk
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijani, Iranian, Russian presidents underline importance of BTK project at Tehran meeting
- 02.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets deputy chairman of Russia’s Federation Council, chairman of People’s Assembly of Dagestan
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia’s joining BTK possible only after Karabakh conflict settlement
- 02.11.2017Joint Statement: "Unresolved conflicts are a significant obstacle to regional cooperation"
- 01.11.2017Joint Statement: "Azerbaijan, Russia and Iran support the expansion of cooperation in the oil and gas sectors"
- 01.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan, Iran and Russia is important for ensuring security"