Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan making great efforts towards strengthening Islamic solidarity - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received a delegation led by Speaker of the House of Representatives of the parliament of Jordan Atef Yousef Saleh Al-Tarawneh.
President Ilham Aliyev said Azerbaijan-Jordan relations are at a high level and cover different areas, stressing the importance of good cooperation in both political and economic fields. The head of state recalled his visits to Jordan and the Jordanian King’s visits to Azerbaijan, pointing out good relationship with the King of Jordan. President Ilham Aliyev emphasized the significance of the fact that the two countries always support each other in international organizations.
Saying that Azerbaijan is making great efforts towards strengthening Islamic solidarity, the head of state added that the best example to this is the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games, which will start in Baku in two days. President Ilham Aliyev hailed the fact that Jordan will participate in these Games with a large squad. Praising the development of interparliamentary ties, the head of state expressed his confidence that the visit of Atef Yousef Saleh Al-Tarawneh with a large parliamentary delegation will be a success and contribute to the development of bilateral relations, and that they will have fruitful discussions with their Azerbaijani counterparts.
Atef Yousef Saleh Al-Tarawneh extended the greetings of King of Jordan Abdullah II to the head of state. He said: “We are proud with the friendly relations and cooperation between our countries. We believe that by using these relations we can make our positive contribution to regional and international processes.”
Hailing large-scale measures taken in Azerbaijan, he said great works being done in the country are followed with interest in Jordan.
They discussed the issues relating to the development of cooperation between the two countries in a variety of areas, including tourism, investment making, export and import, and security.
The head of state thanked for the greetings of the King of Jordan, and asked Atef Yousef Saleh Al-Tarawneh to extend his greetings to Abdullah II.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan one of most active members of PACE – CoE Baku Office
- 14.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, EU have some divergent views on issues of trade, tariffs and subsidies
- 14.02.2018FM: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to development of strategic partnership with Russia
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives British PM's trade envoy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Argentinean musician from ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives US delegation
- 14.02.2018British PM's trade envoy arrives in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan invites PACE to observe presidential election
- 13.02.2018Milan court acquits Luca Volontè accused of political corruption linked to Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 11.05.2017Washington Times: Unlike others, Ilham Aliyev does not play politics with energy exports
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijani ambassador meets Russia’s deputy FM
- 11.05.2017Jordan says Azerbaijan stands out with its ‘decisive position’ in fight against int’l terrorism
- 10.05.2017Photo-exhibition on Baku by American photographer opens in San Diego
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijani Embassy releases statement on incident between Armenians, Azerbaijanis in Moscow
- 09.05.2017Armenian Diaspora commits provocation in Immortal Regiment march in Moscow