Ilham Aliyev: Eastern Partnership summit yielded good results - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received a delegation led by Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Economy, Entrepreneurship and Crafts of the Republic of Croatia, co-chair of the Azerbaijan-Croatia Joint Commission on Economic Cooperation Martina Dalic.
The head of state hailed the bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and Croatia.
President Ilham Aliyev recalled Croatian President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic’s visit to Azerbaijan, describing it as a success. The president hailed reciprocal visits at different levels between the two countries.
The head of state underlined the importance of mutual trade, investment and collaboration of companies in terms of expanding cooperation in a variety of fields. President Ilham Aliyev noted the significance of the activities of the Joint Commission on Economic Cooperation in this regard.
Pointing to Azerbaijan-European Union relations, President Ilham Aliyev underlined that the recent Eastern Partnership Summit was a success and yielded good results, and emphasized the importance of the declaration adopted at the summit.
The head of state said work is underway on a new agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU, and expressed his hope that the agreement will cover all areas of bilateral cooperation – in accordance with best mutual interests – including in political, economic, energy, and cultural ones.
The President hailed good prospects for long-term energy cooperation between Azerbaijan and Croatia, praising Croatia`s regular participation in the Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council.
Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Economy, Entrepreneurship and Crafts of the Republic of Croatia, co-chair of the Azerbaijan-Croatia Joint Commission on Economic Cooperation Martina Dalic extended greetings and best wishes of President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic and Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic to President Ilham Aliyev.
Martina Dalic expressed her pleasure with her visit to Baku, saying they feel at home in Azerbaijan. She pointed out high level of bilateral relations between the two countries, noting the importance of the two presidents' joint efforts in terms of the expansion of bilateral cooperation.
Martina Dalic underlined ample opportunities for deepening Azerbaijan-Croatia cooperation in investment, trade and other spheres, and hailed the successful activities of the Joint Commission on Economic Cooperation.
President Ilham Aliyev thanked for the greetings and best wishes of President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic and Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic, and asked the deputy Prime Minister to extend his greetings and best wishes to the Croatian head of state and premier.
Related news releases
- 23.07.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan on July 24
- 21.07.2018“The visit of the Azerbaijani president to France is extremely important from the point of view of ensuring our national interests”
- 21.07.2018Angela Merkel to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 29.11.2017Event dedicated to Azerbaijan held at Saddleback College of California
- 29.11.2017Costa Rica sees Azerbaijan as key partner in region – FM
- 29.11.2017Brussels summit intensified work on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement – envoy
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Pakistani FMs to hold first trilateral meeting on Nov. 30
- 28.11.2017Vladimir Dorokhin: I came to Azerbaijan with clear political instruction
- 28.11.2017Ethiopia appoints honorary consul to Azerbaijan