Ilham Aliyev: Eastern Partnership summit yielded good results - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received a delegation led by Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Economy, Entrepreneurship and Crafts of the Republic of Croatia, co-chair of the Azerbaijan-Croatia Joint Commission on Economic Cooperation Martina Dalic.
The head of state hailed the bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and Croatia.
President Ilham Aliyev recalled Croatian President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic’s visit to Azerbaijan, describing it as a success. The president hailed reciprocal visits at different levels between the two countries.
The head of state underlined the importance of mutual trade, investment and collaboration of companies in terms of expanding cooperation in a variety of fields. President Ilham Aliyev noted the significance of the activities of the Joint Commission on Economic Cooperation in this regard.
Pointing to Azerbaijan-European Union relations, President Ilham Aliyev underlined that the recent Eastern Partnership Summit was a success and yielded good results, and emphasized the importance of the declaration adopted at the summit.
The head of state said work is underway on a new agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU, and expressed his hope that the agreement will cover all areas of bilateral cooperation – in accordance with best mutual interests – including in political, economic, energy, and cultural ones.
The President hailed good prospects for long-term energy cooperation between Azerbaijan and Croatia, praising Croatia`s regular participation in the Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council.
Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Economy, Entrepreneurship and Crafts of the Republic of Croatia, co-chair of the Azerbaijan-Croatia Joint Commission on Economic Cooperation Martina Dalic extended greetings and best wishes of President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic and Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic to President Ilham Aliyev.
Martina Dalic expressed her pleasure with her visit to Baku, saying they feel at home in Azerbaijan. She pointed out high level of bilateral relations between the two countries, noting the importance of the two presidents' joint efforts in terms of the expansion of bilateral cooperation.
Martina Dalic underlined ample opportunities for deepening Azerbaijan-Croatia cooperation in investment, trade and other spheres, and hailed the successful activities of the Joint Commission on Economic Cooperation.
President Ilham Aliyev thanked for the greetings and best wishes of President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic and Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic, and asked the deputy Prime Minister to extend his greetings and best wishes to the Croatian head of state and premier.
Related news releases
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan condemns missile attacks against Saudi Arabia
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Belarus
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan’s list of undesirable persons includes names of 600 people: Foreign Ministry
- 28.12.2017Date set for ministerial conference of Non-Aligned Movement in Baku
- 28.12.2017MFA: Azerbaijan pursued independent, multi-vector, balanced foreign policy in 2017
- 27.12.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: "Azerbaijan has become one of the centers of inter-civilization dialogue in the world"
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani president pays working visit to Russia
- 29.11.2017Event dedicated to Azerbaijan held at Saddleback College of California
- 29.11.2017Costa Rica sees Azerbaijan as key partner in region – FM
- 29.11.2017Brussels summit intensified work on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement – envoy
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Pakistani FMs to hold first trilateral meeting on Nov. 30
- 28.11.2017Vladimir Dorokhin: I came to Azerbaijan with clear political instruction
- 28.11.2017Ethiopia appoints honorary consul to Azerbaijan