Ilham Aliyev: Eastern Partnership summit yielded good results - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received a delegation led by Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Economy, Entrepreneurship and Crafts of the Republic of Croatia, co-chair of the Azerbaijan-Croatia Joint Commission on Economic Cooperation Martina Dalic.
The head of state hailed the bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and Croatia.
President Ilham Aliyev recalled Croatian President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic’s visit to Azerbaijan, describing it as a success. The president hailed reciprocal visits at different levels between the two countries.
The head of state underlined the importance of mutual trade, investment and collaboration of companies in terms of expanding cooperation in a variety of fields. President Ilham Aliyev noted the significance of the activities of the Joint Commission on Economic Cooperation in this regard.
Pointing to Azerbaijan-European Union relations, President Ilham Aliyev underlined that the recent Eastern Partnership Summit was a success and yielded good results, and emphasized the importance of the declaration adopted at the summit.
The head of state said work is underway on a new agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU, and expressed his hope that the agreement will cover all areas of bilateral cooperation – in accordance with best mutual interests – including in political, economic, energy, and cultural ones.
The President hailed good prospects for long-term energy cooperation between Azerbaijan and Croatia, praising Croatia`s regular participation in the Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council.
Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Economy, Entrepreneurship and Crafts of the Republic of Croatia, co-chair of the Azerbaijan-Croatia Joint Commission on Economic Cooperation Martina Dalic extended greetings and best wishes of President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic and Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic to President Ilham Aliyev.
Martina Dalic expressed her pleasure with her visit to Baku, saying they feel at home in Azerbaijan. She pointed out high level of bilateral relations between the two countries, noting the importance of the two presidents' joint efforts in terms of the expansion of bilateral cooperation.
Martina Dalic underlined ample opportunities for deepening Azerbaijan-Croatia cooperation in investment, trade and other spheres, and hailed the successful activities of the Joint Commission on Economic Cooperation.
President Ilham Aliyev thanked for the greetings and best wishes of President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic and Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic, and asked the deputy Prime Minister to extend his greetings and best wishes to the Croatian head of state and premier.
Related news releases
- 23.03.2018Latvia: 'I think highly of voting process in Azerbaijan'
- 23.03.2018Date and agenda of PACE spring session announced
- 23.03.2018Flag hoisting ceremony held in Pakistani embassy in Azerbaijan
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Pakistani counterpart
- 22.03.2018PACE co-rapporteurs to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 29.11.2017Event dedicated to Azerbaijan held at Saddleback College of California
- 29.11.2017Costa Rica sees Azerbaijan as key partner in region – FM
- 29.11.2017Brussels summit intensified work on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement – envoy
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Pakistani FMs to hold first trilateral meeting on Nov. 30
- 28.11.2017Vladimir Dorokhin: I came to Azerbaijan with clear political instruction
- 28.11.2017Ethiopia appoints honorary consul to Azerbaijan