President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Lao foreign minister - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received Minister of Foreign Affairs of the People's Democratic Republic of Lao Saleumxay Kommasith.
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the People's Democratic Republic of Lao Saleumxay Kommasith said: "It is my honor to pay my first official visit to your beautiful country. Taking this opportunity, we would like to extend President of the Lao People's Democratic Republic Bounnhang Vorachith’s greetings to you. Please accept my best wishes for your new achievements and for prosperity of your people."
President Ilham Aliyev thanked FM Kommasith for warm words, saying Azerbaijan is keen to expand cooperation with the People's Democratic Republic of Lao. The head of state described Lao FM Saleumxay Kommasith's visit to Azerbaijan as a good indicative of mutual interest in strengthening bilateral ties between the two countries. President Ilham Aliyev expressed his hope that the issues of mutual interest and cooperation prospects will be discussed during FM Kommasith's visit to Azerbaijan.
FM Kommasith hailed the long history of Azerbaijan-Lao relations, saying this relationship started at the time of the Soviet Union. He praised Azerbaijan's significant contributions to the socio-economic development as well as to staff training in Lao People's Democratic Republic.
Lao FM Saleumxay Kommasith described Azerbaijan as the leading country in the region and praised its great strides. He emphasized the importance of reciprocal visits between the two countries.
They exchanged views on cooperation between the Republic of Azerbaijan and People's Democratic Republic of Lao in a number of fields, including education and tourism.
The head of state expressed his gratitude for the greetings of President of the Lao People's Democratic Republic Bounnhang Vorachith and asked the FM to communicate his greetings to the Lao leader.
Related news releases
- 27.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Declaration signed between Azerbaijan and Poland is a very serious political document
- 27.06.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan, Poland hold expanded meeting - UPDATED
- 27.06.2017Polish president: We would like to create a direct railway line between Azerbaijan and Poland
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijani, Polish presidents hold one-on-one meeting in Warsaw - UPDATED
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijan, Poland sign documents
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijani, Polish presidents make statements to the press
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijani, Polish presidents exchange gifts
- 27.06.2017Official welcome ceremony held for Azerbaijani president in Warsaw
- 26.06.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Warsaw for official visit
- 26.06.2017Uncertainty continues over Agramunt’s PACE presidency
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received Russian deputy prime minister
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received President and Chairman of VTB Bank Management Board
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received Executive Chairman of Formula One Group
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received editor-in-chief of Russian “Zavtra” newspaper
- 24.06.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Slovenian president
- 24.06.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Croatian president
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan names new ambassador to France
- 23.06.2017Moldovan president completes visit to Azerbaijan
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Georgia should implement joint educational projects - UPDATED
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan to demand explanation from Czech Foreign Ministry on ambassador’s statements
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan's candidate for UNESCO director-general visits Germany
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani FM meets Costa Rican counterpart in Baku
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates new Saudi crown prince
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Costa Rican FM
- 23.06.2017Malena Mard: I will get back to work in Swedish foreign ministry
- 23.06.2017UK Ambassador: Azerbaijan is not only a major global energy player but also a source of opportunity for other areas of business
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president: “Need to give dynamism to the relations between Azerbaijan and Moldova”
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijan provides aid to four countries stricken by famine threat
- 22.06.2017Moldovan president visits Alley of Martyrs in Baku
- 22.06.2017Moldovan president pays respect to Azerbaijan's national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 22.06.2017Igor Dodon: Wide range of issues discussed at meeting with Azerbaijani president
- 22.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Moldova have good potential for trade and economic cooperation
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president hosts official dinner reception in honor of Moldovan counterpart
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani, Moldovan presidents make press statements
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani, Moldovan presidents hold expanded meeting
- 22.06.2017PACE co-rapporteurs issue statement after their visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani, Moldovan presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 22.06.2017Official welcoming ceremony held for Moldovan president
- 17.06.2017Robert Cekuta: Diversity of Azerbaijan’s religious communities is source of strength
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan confirms its composition of joint intergovernmental commission with Israel
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences over former German chancellor's death - UPDATED
- 21.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives former French PM - UPDATED
- 21.06.2017Moldovan president arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 19.06.2017Ali Hasanov: European Parliament resolution on Azerbaijan is unfair
- 19.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives OSCE MG co-chairs
- 17.06.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolence over Helmut Kohl’s death