President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Lao foreign minister - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received Minister of Foreign Affairs of the People's Democratic Republic of Lao Saleumxay Kommasith.
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the People's Democratic Republic of Lao Saleumxay Kommasith said: "It is my honor to pay my first official visit to your beautiful country. Taking this opportunity, we would like to extend President of the Lao People's Democratic Republic Bounnhang Vorachith’s greetings to you. Please accept my best wishes for your new achievements and for prosperity of your people."
President Ilham Aliyev thanked FM Kommasith for warm words, saying Azerbaijan is keen to expand cooperation with the People's Democratic Republic of Lao. The head of state described Lao FM Saleumxay Kommasith's visit to Azerbaijan as a good indicative of mutual interest in strengthening bilateral ties between the two countries. President Ilham Aliyev expressed his hope that the issues of mutual interest and cooperation prospects will be discussed during FM Kommasith's visit to Azerbaijan.
FM Kommasith hailed the long history of Azerbaijan-Lao relations, saying this relationship started at the time of the Soviet Union. He praised Azerbaijan's significant contributions to the socio-economic development as well as to staff training in Lao People's Democratic Republic.
Lao FM Saleumxay Kommasith described Azerbaijan as the leading country in the region and praised its great strides. He emphasized the importance of reciprocal visits between the two countries.
They exchanged views on cooperation between the Republic of Azerbaijan and People's Democratic Republic of Lao in a number of fields, including education and tourism.
The head of state expressed his gratitude for the greetings of President of the Lao People's Democratic Republic Bounnhang Vorachith and asked the FM to communicate his greetings to the Lao leader.
Related news releases
- 23.02.2018Moldovan president to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018U.S. aims to help Azerbaijan become a strong, prosperous state: Ambassador Cekuta
- 23.02.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with head of Iran's Islamic Culture and Relations Organization
- 23.02.2018Erdogan: 415 sq km now under control in Afrin operation
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan calls Dutch parliament’s decision ‘biased’
- 23.02.2018Film on Khojaly Genocide screened in California
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences over former German chancellor's death - UPDATED
- 21.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives former French PM - UPDATED
- 21.06.2017Moldovan president arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 19.06.2017Ali Hasanov: European Parliament resolution on Azerbaijan is unfair
- 19.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives OSCE MG co-chairs
- 17.06.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolence over Helmut Kohl’s death