President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Lao foreign minister - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received Minister of Foreign Affairs of the People's Democratic Republic of Lao Saleumxay Kommasith.
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the People's Democratic Republic of Lao Saleumxay Kommasith said: "It is my honor to pay my first official visit to your beautiful country. Taking this opportunity, we would like to extend President of the Lao People's Democratic Republic Bounnhang Vorachith’s greetings to you. Please accept my best wishes for your new achievements and for prosperity of your people."
President Ilham Aliyev thanked FM Kommasith for warm words, saying Azerbaijan is keen to expand cooperation with the People's Democratic Republic of Lao. The head of state described Lao FM Saleumxay Kommasith's visit to Azerbaijan as a good indicative of mutual interest in strengthening bilateral ties between the two countries. President Ilham Aliyev expressed his hope that the issues of mutual interest and cooperation prospects will be discussed during FM Kommasith's visit to Azerbaijan.
FM Kommasith hailed the long history of Azerbaijan-Lao relations, saying this relationship started at the time of the Soviet Union. He praised Azerbaijan's significant contributions to the socio-economic development as well as to staff training in Lao People's Democratic Republic.
Lao FM Saleumxay Kommasith described Azerbaijan as the leading country in the region and praised its great strides. He emphasized the importance of reciprocal visits between the two countries.
They exchanged views on cooperation between the Republic of Azerbaijan and People's Democratic Republic of Lao in a number of fields, including education and tourism.
The head of state expressed his gratitude for the greetings of President of the Lao People's Democratic Republic Bounnhang Vorachith and asked the FM to communicate his greetings to the Lao leader.
Related news releases
- 16.08.2017Vladimir Dorokhin: Number of Azerbaijanis studying in Russia increases day by day
- 14.08.2017Ambassador: Pakistan-Azerbaijan relations higher than strategic partnership
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Egyptian president
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president receives Chairman of Belarusian State Border Committee
- 09.08.2017Turkmen president departs from Azerbaijan
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates president of Singapore
- 08.08.2017Turkmen President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov pays respect to Azerbaijan's national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 08.08.2017Status of Caspian Sea discussed during meeting of Azerbaijani PM and Turkmen president
- 08.08.2017Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan stand for transforming Caspian Sea into source of stability’
- 08.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev: ‘Turkmenistan-Azerbaijan relations at highest level’
- 08.08.2017Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan stand for preserving int’l and regional security’
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan president: ‘We want lasting stability and peace in the region’
- 08.08.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkmenistan co-op will deepen - UPDATED
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen presidents make statement to the press
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan sign documents
- 08.08.2017Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmen-Azerbaijani relations experiencing new stage’
- 08.08.2017Ambassador: ‘Nawaz Sharif's dismissal will not affect Pakistan's relations with other countries’
- 08.08.2017Ambassador: ‘Azerbaijan-Pakistan military coop developing in upward trend’
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen presidents hold meeting in expanded format
- 08.08.2017Turkmen president arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 08.08.2017Tajikistan appoints new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 05.08.2017Turkmen president to visit Azerbaijan
- 04.08.2017Ogtay Asadov to attend Rouhani’s oath-taking ceremony in Iran
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani president calls for unity among Muslim nations
- 03.08.2017Indonesia will always support Azerbaijan in Nagorno-Karabakh issue – ambassador
- 03.08.2017EU allocates € 13.5M to Azerbaijan’s Lankaran
- 01.08.2017ECHR initiates communication upon lawsuit filed by spouses of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 31.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Arizona House of Representatives Speaker
- 31.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassador of Burkina Faso
- 27.07.2017Israeli embassy comments on Lapshin’s request
- 25.07.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates presidents of Liberia and Maldives
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani, Hungarian FMs meet
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijani, Russian presidents discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 21.07.2017Meeting of Presidents of Russia and Azerbaijan held in Sochi
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Russia for working visit
- 21.07.2017Egyptian embassy organizes official reception in Baku
- 21.07.2017Communiqué on closure of Al-Aqsa Mosque adopted at Baku conference
- 21.07.2017Ambassador: Protraction of Jerusalem problem indicates existence of double standards in int’l policy
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Hungarian ambassador
- 21.07.2017MFA: No Azerbaijani citizens injured in earthquake in Turkey, Greece
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences over former German chancellor's death - UPDATED
- 21.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives former French PM - UPDATED
- 21.06.2017Moldovan president arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 19.06.2017Ali Hasanov: European Parliament resolution on Azerbaijan is unfair
- 19.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives OSCE MG co-chairs
- 17.06.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolence over Helmut Kohl’s death