Azerbaijani president meets with Pakistan’s prime minister - UPDATED
They hailed the high level of friendly and brotherly relations between the two countries. The sides discussed Azerbaijan-Pakistan political ties, and stressed the importance of mutual support in international organizations. They emphasized that Azerbaijan and Pakistan show resoluteness in supporting each other`s fair positions on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and Kashmir problem.
President Ilham Aliyev and Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif discussed specific projects in the fields of defense and defense industry. They reached agreement on Azerbaijan`s importing modern defense industry products from Pakistan. The sides noted the significance of increasing trade between the two countries. They said an Azerbaijani export mission consisting of nearly 20 companies visited Pakistan this month in order to increase exports from Azerbaijan to Pakistan.
The President of Azerbaijan and the Prime Minister of Pakistan discussed energy cooperation issues, describing today`s signing of an agreement on energy cooperation between the two countries as a successful step.
They also discussed humanitarian and cultural ties. President Ilham Aliyev thanked Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif for the high-level organization of the Summit of the Economic Cooperation Organization.
The Azerbaijani President and the Pakistani Prime Minister then were joined by their delegations for an expanded meeting.
The Republic of Azerbaijan and the Islamic Republic of Pakistan then signed an agreement on cooperation in the field of energy.
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani FM Mammadyarov leaves for Italy
- 21.10.2017Pan-African Parliament’s President to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Kubiv: Positivity in Kiev-Baku relations bothers some inside and outside of Ukraine
- 20.10.2017Austrian ambassador: Azerbaijan and Armenia can not be forced into one way of solution - INTERVIEW
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 28.02.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani presidents meet in Islamabad - UPDATED
- 28.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended dinner party hosted by Pakistani head of state
- 28.02.2017Azerbaijani President meets with Turkish President in Islamabad
- 28.02.2017Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry spokesman addresses Oxford University on Karabakh conflict
- 28.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev in Pakistan for ECO summit
- 28.02.2017“Baku platform – a place for positive initiatives”