President Ilham Aliyev invites NATO Sec-Gen to Azerbaijan
As part of his working visit to the Kingdom of Belgium, President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has arrived at the NATO headquarters at the invitation of the Alliance's Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg.
The sides noted that there is a successful cooperation between Azerbaijan and NATO.
Stoltenberg praised Azerbaijan’s participation in peacekeeping missions in Kosovo and Afghanistan. The NATO secretary general thanked for Azerbaijan's support for Afghanistan.
He emphasized that Azerbaijan's plans to expand its aid to Afghanistan may contribute to the economic development of this country.
President Ilham Aliyev expressed his satisfaction with the expansion of relations with NATO, stressing that Azerbaijan is actively involved in peacekeeping operations in Afghanistan and rebuilding this country’s economy.
The sides expressed satisfaction with NATO's support to demining operations in the territory of Jeyranchel. The importance of Azerbaijan as a transit country in terms of cargo transportation to Afghanistan was emphasized at the meeting.
The successful cooperation between Azerbaijan and the European Union was also hailed at the meeting.
The sides further exchanged views on the Armenian-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, and discussed the current state of peace talks.
As part of his working visit to the Kingdom of Belgium, President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev, has arrived at the NATO headquarters at the invitation of the Alliance's Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg.
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan one of most active members of PACE – CoE Baku Office
- 14.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, EU have some divergent views on issues of trade, tariffs and subsidies
- 14.02.2018FM: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to development of strategic partnership with Russia
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives British PM's trade envoy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Argentinean musician from ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives US delegation
- 14.02.2018British PM's trade envoy arrives in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan invites PACE to observe presidential election
- 13.02.2018Milan court acquits Luca Volontè accused of political corruption linked to Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Brussels to host Eastern Partnership summit
- 24.11.2017Eastern Partnership summit to set new goals for future partnership – EU envoy
- 24.11.2017EaP countries’ leaders officially welcomed in Brussels
- 23.11.2017NATO calls on Azerbaijan to step up security sector reform
- 23.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will continue partnership with NATO to provide stability in region
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Benelux countries agree on visa exemption for service passport holders