UK's May congratulates Ilham Aliyev on victory in presidential election - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has met with Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Theresa May in London on April 26, the Azerbaijani president’s press service reported.
May congratulated President Aliyev on his victory in the presidential election. She expressed gratification with the meeting with President Aliyev and stressed that this visit of the Azerbaijani president will create a good opportunity for discussing the issues in the field of economy, trade, energy and security.
May stressed the importance of the agreement signed between Azerbaijani’s state oil company SOCAR and BP in terms of expanding cooperation. She expressed gratitude for the participation and support rendered by Azerbaijan for peacekeeping operations in Afghanistan.
President Aliyev expressed gratitude for the congratulations and stressed that the agenda of bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and UK is very wide and two countries are actively cooperating in various directions, namely, political, economic, energy, trade and investment spheres.
The Azerbaijani president stressed that active work is being carried out to expand and diversify trade ties and there is great potential for that.
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has met with Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Theresa May in London., APA reports citing the press service of the President.
The meeting was followed by the signing of Agreement on the exploration development and production sharing for the prospective exploration block D230 in the Azerbaijan sector of the Caspian Sea between SOCAR of the Republic of Azerbaijan and BP Exploration (Azerbaijan) Limited and SOCAR Oil Affiliate. The agreement was signed by SOCAR president Rovnag Abdullayev and Chief Executive Officer of BP Robert Dudley in the presence of President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and UK Prime Minister Theresa May.
President Ilham Aliyev completed his visit to the UK on April 26.
- 26.05.2018Ogtay Asadov attends events dedicated to centenary of first Georgian republic
- 26.05.2018Emmanuel Macron: France to do its utmost for fair resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2018Italian president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Finnish President congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Azerbaijan’s parliamentary speaker starts visit to Georgia
- 26.05.2018San Diego proclaims May 28 as “100th Anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic Day”
- 26.05.2018Mayor of Cleveland signs proclamation designating May 28 as Centennial Celebration of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2018Japan’s Emperor Akihito congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.05.2018Jamestown Foundation dedicates article to centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Los Angeles celebrates 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 24.05.2018Consultations held in Astana concerning Caspian legal status
- 24.05.2018Chinese president: Azerbaijan’s int’l status and influence growing day after day
- 24.05.2018Putin: Azerbaijan enjoys great authority in int’l community
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani president pardons 634 people - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 27.04.2018Trump sends letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 27.04.2018Azerbaijani, Russian FMs hold phone talk
- 27.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives European Parliament rapporteur for Azerbaijan
- 26.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with British MPs
- 26.04.2018Conference on future of Turkey-Russia relations kicks off in Antalya
- 26.04.2018PACE investigation body’s corruption report lacks ‘real facts’ – Azerbaijani MP