Ilham Aliyev: Ukraine - a reliable partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has met with Mayor of Kiev, leader of the Ukrainian Democratic Alliance for Reform (UDAR) Vitali Klitschko in Munich.
Klitschko pointed out the ancient history of relations between the two countries. The mayor of Kiev said Ukraine is home to large Azerbaijani diaspora, adding that regular meetings are held with representatives of the diaspora.
Klitschko praised relations between the two countries, and emphasized mutual business interest. He also highlighted SOCAR’s successful activities in Ukraine, and hailed the company’s and the Azerbaijani diaspora’s considerable contribution to the development of Ukraine. Klitschko said the park named after national leader of Azerbaijan Heydar Aliyev has become one of the exemplary places in Kiev.
President Aliyev described Kiev as one of the most beautiful cities in the world, saying preservation of its historical part and city development requires great attention.
The head of state noted the importance of strengthening ties between mayor’s offices of Baku and Kiev and organizing reciprocal visits. Ilham Aliyev highlighted the Azerbaijani diaspora’s contribution to Ukraine’s development, and said the friendly relations between the two countries have strengthened.
The president stressed that Ukraine is a reliable partner for Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 23.02.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with head of Iran's Islamic Culture and Relations Organization
- 23.02.2018Erdogan: 415 sq km now under control in Afrin operation
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan calls Dutch parliament’s decision ‘biased’
- 23.02.2018Film on Khojaly Genocide screened in California
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 31.01.2018TURKPA Sec. Gen. meets with Kazakh envoy to Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018Moscow: Meddling in countries’ internal affairs is a ‘very serious issue’
- 01.02.2018Preparation underway for Azerbaijani president’s visit to Turkmenistan
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani FM meets with Turkmen president
- 31.01.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus to visit Azerbaijan next month
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Turkmenistan on official visit