Ilham Aliyev: Ukraine - a reliable partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has met with Mayor of Kiev, leader of the Ukrainian Democratic Alliance for Reform (UDAR) Vitali Klitschko in Munich.
Klitschko pointed out the ancient history of relations between the two countries. The mayor of Kiev said Ukraine is home to large Azerbaijani diaspora, adding that regular meetings are held with representatives of the diaspora.
Klitschko praised relations between the two countries, and emphasized mutual business interest. He also highlighted SOCAR’s successful activities in Ukraine, and hailed the company’s and the Azerbaijani diaspora’s considerable contribution to the development of Ukraine. Klitschko said the park named after national leader of Azerbaijan Heydar Aliyev has become one of the exemplary places in Kiev.
President Aliyev described Kiev as one of the most beautiful cities in the world, saying preservation of its historical part and city development requires great attention.
The head of state noted the importance of strengthening ties between mayor’s offices of Baku and Kiev and organizing reciprocal visits. Ilham Aliyev highlighted the Azerbaijani diaspora’s contribution to Ukraine’s development, and said the friendly relations between the two countries have strengthened.
The president stressed that Ukraine is a reliable partner for Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 11.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian State Duma delegation
- 09.12.2017Erdogan invites Ilham Aliyev to attend OIC summit on Jerusalem issue
- 08.12.2017President Aliyev appoints Azerbaijan’s honorary consul to Djibouti
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Croatia
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Tajikistan
- 08.12.2017Russia never requested Azerbaijan for agrément for Georgy Zuev - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov attends the meeting of the GUAM Council of MFA
- 07.12.2017“ASAN Service” is a huge revolution in field of public services – Azerbaijani president
- 07.12.2017Israeli Embassy in Baku reacts to protests over Trump’s Jerusalem declaration
- 07.12.2017UK minister of state for trade to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijani public concerned over unfair attitude of certain circles in West and Europe
- 07.12.2017Lavrov: Russia will contribute to search for mutually acceptable solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Guba district
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan supports peaceful settlement of Israeli-Palestinian conflict - Foreign Ministry
- 06.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan expands partnership with Russia in technology sector
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM: Int’l rules can be applied regarding controversial deposits in Caspian Sea
- 06.12.2017Draft Convention on Caspian status includes preservation of military balance: Azerbaijani MFA
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM reveals Caspian division principles
- 06.12.2017Baku: Draft Convention on Caspian Sea status coordinated
- 06.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Bakutel-2017 exhibition
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Vienna today
- 05.12.2017Baku host reception on occasion of Japanese Emperor's birthday
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Finnish counterpart
- 05.12.2017Caspian states plan to hold joint drills – Lavrov
- 05.12.2017Moscow says 20-year work on Caspian Sea legal status ‘finalized’
- 05.12.2017Lavrov: Discussions on all open issues regarding Convention on Caspian Sea legal status yielded result
- 05.12.2017MP Slutsky proposes creating Russia-Azerbaijan-Iran parliamentary troika
- 05.12.2017Samad Seyidov: Azerbaijan ‘not in favor’ of EU integration
- 05.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives ITU Sec.Gen. - UPDATED
- 05.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian ICT minister - UPDATED
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president receives Turkish delegation - UPDATED
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani FM: Stability in Caspian region should be based on respect for sovereignty, territorial integrity
- 05.12.2017Lavrov: We’re pleased with level of coop in ‘Caspian Five’
- 05.12.2017Mammadyarov: Moscow meeting will be ‘a good opportunity’ for preparation of convention on Caspian Sea legal status
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijan brings energy security to Europe – MP
- 05.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian minister of telecom and mass communications - UPDATED
- 05.12.2017Ministerial meeting of Caspian littoral states gets underway in Moscow
- 04.12.2017Mahmud Mammadguliyev: "Next talks between EU and Azerbaijan on strategic partnership will be held in December"
- 04.12.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: Drugs grown in occupied Azerbaijani territories being transported to whole Europe
- 17.02.2017US State Department official to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends roundtable of Munich Security Conference
- 17.02.2017Munich Security Conference kicks off
- 17.02.2017Saudi prince to attend 5th Global Baku Forum
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan says so-called ‘referendum’ in South Ossetia cannot produce any legal effect
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijani President pays a working visit to Germany