Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
At the meeting, the sides reviewed the current status of relations and issues of the agenda, legal-treaty base and status of documents being considered between the two countries as well as stressed the importance of high level mutual visits in terms of expanding cooperation between Azerbaijan and Poland.
It was noted that this year celebrates 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and Poland, and in this regards, congratulatory letters were exchanged between the foreign ministers of both countries.
The ministers emphasized the importance of official visit of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev to Poland in June, 2017 and agreements reached between the parties, in particular signing of a Joint Declaration on Strategic Partnership.
Witold Waszczykowski spoke about the meeting with the Azerbaijani president and highly appreciated the high level political contacts between the two countries.
The sides touched upon the activity of the Intergovernmental Joint Commission, the Working Group on Azerbaijan-Poland Inter-Parliamentary Relations, as well as regular political consultations between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs, noted the importance of intensifying of cooperation areas between the two countries in various formats.
They commended the successful cooperation of two countries in the framework of international organizations including the EU, especially Eastern Partnership program, NATO, OSCE, as well as the Visegrad Group.
The ministers also discussed regional energy and transport projects, including transportation of oil and gas from the Azerbaijani sector of the Caspian Sea to Europe as well as East-West, North-South routes and their perspective opportunities, comparative advantages in terms of efficiency and timing.
Mammadyarov briefed his counterpart about the current status of negotiations on Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement and stressed the importance of implementation of the demands of the UN Security Council resolutions on the conflict. Minister expressed his gratitude to Polish Government for its support to conflict settlement within the sovereignty, territorial integrity and internationally recognized borders of Azerbaijan.
During the meeting, it was stressed that next year will be celebrated the 100th anniversary of the establishment of Polish settlements in Azerbaijan and in this regards, recently the parties are working on joint action plan holding a number of public-cultural events. Moreover, it was informed that Polish President Andrzej Sebastian Duda will pay an official visit to Azerbaijan next year.
During the meeting, the ministers had broad exchange of views on the issues of cooperation in the fields of humanitarian, tourism, civil aviation and others areas of mutual interest as well as situation in Middle East and migrant issues.
A one-on-one meeting between Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov and Polish Foreign Minister Witold Waszczykowski kicked off in Baku.
The meeting will later continue in expanded format, APA reported.
At the end of the meeting, the foreign ministers will hold a joint press conference.
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities