Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
At the meeting, the sides reviewed the current status of relations and issues of the agenda, legal-treaty base and status of documents being considered between the two countries as well as stressed the importance of high level mutual visits in terms of expanding cooperation between Azerbaijan and Poland.
It was noted that this year celebrates 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and Poland, and in this regards, congratulatory letters were exchanged between the foreign ministers of both countries.
The ministers emphasized the importance of official visit of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev to Poland in June, 2017 and agreements reached between the parties, in particular signing of a Joint Declaration on Strategic Partnership.
Witold Waszczykowski spoke about the meeting with the Azerbaijani president and highly appreciated the high level political contacts between the two countries.
The sides touched upon the activity of the Intergovernmental Joint Commission, the Working Group on Azerbaijan-Poland Inter-Parliamentary Relations, as well as regular political consultations between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs, noted the importance of intensifying of cooperation areas between the two countries in various formats.
They commended the successful cooperation of two countries in the framework of international organizations including the EU, especially Eastern Partnership program, NATO, OSCE, as well as the Visegrad Group.
The ministers also discussed regional energy and transport projects, including transportation of oil and gas from the Azerbaijani sector of the Caspian Sea to Europe as well as East-West, North-South routes and their perspective opportunities, comparative advantages in terms of efficiency and timing.
Mammadyarov briefed his counterpart about the current status of negotiations on Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement and stressed the importance of implementation of the demands of the UN Security Council resolutions on the conflict. Minister expressed his gratitude to Polish Government for its support to conflict settlement within the sovereignty, territorial integrity and internationally recognized borders of Azerbaijan.
During the meeting, it was stressed that next year will be celebrated the 100th anniversary of the establishment of Polish settlements in Azerbaijan and in this regards, recently the parties are working on joint action plan holding a number of public-cultural events. Moreover, it was informed that Polish President Andrzej Sebastian Duda will pay an official visit to Azerbaijan next year.
During the meeting, the ministers had broad exchange of views on the issues of cooperation in the fields of humanitarian, tourism, civil aviation and others areas of mutual interest as well as situation in Middle East and migrant issues.
A one-on-one meeting between Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov and Polish Foreign Minister Witold Waszczykowski kicked off in Baku.
The meeting will later continue in expanded format, APA reported.
At the end of the meeting, the foreign ministers will hold a joint press conference.
- 23.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Algerian justice minister
- 23.06.2018Afghan deputy FM says relations with Azerbaijan at highest level
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention on Caspian legal status allows laying pipelines on seabed
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention bans military presence of non-party countries in Caspian Sea
- 22.06.2018Russian government approves draft Convention on Caspian legal status
- 22.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives members of ADB Board of Governors
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani PM: There is practically no concept of justice in int’l relations
- 22.06.20182018 CAMCA Regional Forum underway in Baku
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan chose to closely cooperate with West – PM
- 22.06.2018U.S. congressman extends congratulations over centenary of ADR
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Implementation of UN SC resolutions entrusted to OSCE MG co-chairs
- 21.06.2018Guterres stresses importance of implementing UNSC resolutions
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Minsk
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities