Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
At the meeting, the sides reviewed the current status of relations and issues of the agenda, legal-treaty base and status of documents being considered between the two countries as well as stressed the importance of high level mutual visits in terms of expanding cooperation between Azerbaijan and Poland.
It was noted that this year celebrates 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and Poland, and in this regards, congratulatory letters were exchanged between the foreign ministers of both countries.
The ministers emphasized the importance of official visit of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev to Poland in June, 2017 and agreements reached between the parties, in particular signing of a Joint Declaration on Strategic Partnership.
Witold Waszczykowski spoke about the meeting with the Azerbaijani president and highly appreciated the high level political contacts between the two countries.
The sides touched upon the activity of the Intergovernmental Joint Commission, the Working Group on Azerbaijan-Poland Inter-Parliamentary Relations, as well as regular political consultations between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs, noted the importance of intensifying of cooperation areas between the two countries in various formats.
They commended the successful cooperation of two countries in the framework of international organizations including the EU, especially Eastern Partnership program, NATO, OSCE, as well as the Visegrad Group.
The ministers also discussed regional energy and transport projects, including transportation of oil and gas from the Azerbaijani sector of the Caspian Sea to Europe as well as East-West, North-South routes and their perspective opportunities, comparative advantages in terms of efficiency and timing.
Mammadyarov briefed his counterpart about the current status of negotiations on Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement and stressed the importance of implementation of the demands of the UN Security Council resolutions on the conflict. Minister expressed his gratitude to Polish Government for its support to conflict settlement within the sovereignty, territorial integrity and internationally recognized borders of Azerbaijan.
During the meeting, it was stressed that next year will be celebrated the 100th anniversary of the establishment of Polish settlements in Azerbaijan and in this regards, recently the parties are working on joint action plan holding a number of public-cultural events. Moreover, it was informed that Polish President Andrzej Sebastian Duda will pay an official visit to Azerbaijan next year.
During the meeting, the ministers had broad exchange of views on the issues of cooperation in the fields of humanitarian, tourism, civil aviation and others areas of mutual interest as well as situation in Middle East and migrant issues.
A one-on-one meeting between Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov and Polish Foreign Minister Witold Waszczykowski kicked off in Baku.
The meeting will later continue in expanded format, APA reported.
At the end of the meeting, the foreign ministers will hold a joint press conference.
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities