Azerbaijani parl’t vice-speaker dismisses reports on deterioration of Baku-Moscow ties
She noted that Azerbaijan-Russia ties stand at the level of bilateral strategic cooperation.
“We are witnessing that the parties always fulfill their obligations within the framework of these relations. As Azerbaijan fulfills its duty, it expects Russia to take adequate steps. I think that there has been no serious problem with our relations thus far”, Muradova added.
As for the liquidation of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress (VAK), which led to the allegations of deterioration of Azerbaijan-Russia ties, Muradova said that this issue can only be resolved within legal framework.
“Any other statements aimed at political dividends can really cause to problems in the bilateral relations. Concerned state agencies, parliament, the public, civil society representatives and the media should wait for the problem to be solved within legal framework,” the vice-speaker noted.
Muradova said that Azerbaijanis living in Russia are Russian citizens.
"The VAK is an organization established in line with the laws of Russia, by Azerbaijanis who are Russian citizens. I think that regardless of their ethnicity everyone must fulfill their duties of citizenship. Their rights must be recognized and they in turn must fulfill their duties,” she added.
Related news releases
- 21.10.2017Pan-African Parliament’s President to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Kubiv: Positivity in Kiev-Baku relations bothers some inside and outside of Ukraine
- 20.10.2017Austrian ambassador: Azerbaijan and Armenia can not be forced into one way of solution - INTERVIEW
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 09.06.2017Estonian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Queen of United Kingdom
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates his Portuguese counterpart on national holiday
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijan, Slovenia hold political consultations
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani FM to attend Astana EXPO-2017
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani foreign ministries exchange letters