Azerbaijani, Pakistani foreign ministers meet in Baku
Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with his Pakistani counterpart Khawaja Mohammad Asif in Baku on Nov. 30.
The top diplomats met on the sidelines of the first trilateral meeting of the Azerbaijani, Turkish and Pakistani foreign ministers, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
The ministers underlined that the year of 2017 is marked by the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and Pakistan and expressed satisfaction with the level of friendly relations and partnership between our countries. They emphasized the importance of mutual high-level visits and the mechanism of political consultations between the Foreign Ministries in deepening bilateral relations.
Mammadyarov briefly informed his counterpart about the latest status of the negotiation process on Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Furthermore, he recalled that UN Security Council Resolution 822 on Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict dated April 30, 1993 was adopted during the presidency of Pakistan as non-permanent member of UNSC and extended appreciation to the Government of Pakistan for a fair position on the resolution of conflict and unequivocal support for Azerbaijan's just position within international organizations to this end.
The ministers underlined the importance of continued cooperation and mutual support within the international organizations.
Given the potential for the development of economic cooperation between Azerbaijan and Pakistan, it was emphasized that the two countries should increase joint efforts aimed at increasing trade turnover and promoting investment. The activity of the Joint Working Group on Trade Cooperation and Joint Commission between Azerbaijan and Pakistan was highly appreciated in the further development of bilateral economic relations.
It also stressed that the North-South Transport Corridor promises new and interesting opportunities. They reviewed possibilities of holding meeting of transport experts. Ministers also touched upon the importance of restoring air flights between Azerbaijan and Pakistan.
Mammadyarov briefed his counterpart on the candidacy of Baku to host the EXPO-2025 in Azerbaijan.
The ministers expressed their conviction that the first Azerbaijan-Pakistan-Turkey trilateral meeting will be an important platform for discussion of issues of common interest and the development of mutually beneficial projects. In the spirit of the existing positive cooperation among the tree states at the Parliamentary level in the bilateral format will continue at a trilateral level and will further contribute to the development of friendship.
In the end, the importance of the Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process and VII Ministerial Conference under this format was also highlighted.
The foreign ministers of Pakistan and Turkey arrived in Baku to attend the trilateral meeting and the 7th Ministerial Conference of the Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process (HoA-IP) on Nov.30-Dec.1.
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Pakistani FMs hold first trilateral meeting
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives India's minister of state for external affairs - UPDATED
- 30.11.2017Islamabad to host second Azerbaijan-Turkey-Pakistan ministerial meeting
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Pakistani foreign minister
- 30.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM Cavusoglu
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish foreign ministers meet in Baku