Azerbaijani, Pakistani foreign ministers meet in Baku
Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with his Pakistani counterpart Khawaja Mohammad Asif in Baku on Nov. 30.
The top diplomats met on the sidelines of the first trilateral meeting of the Azerbaijani, Turkish and Pakistani foreign ministers, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
The ministers underlined that the year of 2017 is marked by the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and Pakistan and expressed satisfaction with the level of friendly relations and partnership between our countries. They emphasized the importance of mutual high-level visits and the mechanism of political consultations between the Foreign Ministries in deepening bilateral relations.
Mammadyarov briefly informed his counterpart about the latest status of the negotiation process on Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Furthermore, he recalled that UN Security Council Resolution 822 on Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict dated April 30, 1993 was adopted during the presidency of Pakistan as non-permanent member of UNSC and extended appreciation to the Government of Pakistan for a fair position on the resolution of conflict and unequivocal support for Azerbaijan's just position within international organizations to this end.
The ministers underlined the importance of continued cooperation and mutual support within the international organizations.
Given the potential for the development of economic cooperation between Azerbaijan and Pakistan, it was emphasized that the two countries should increase joint efforts aimed at increasing trade turnover and promoting investment. The activity of the Joint Working Group on Trade Cooperation and Joint Commission between Azerbaijan and Pakistan was highly appreciated in the further development of bilateral economic relations.
It also stressed that the North-South Transport Corridor promises new and interesting opportunities. They reviewed possibilities of holding meeting of transport experts. Ministers also touched upon the importance of restoring air flights between Azerbaijan and Pakistan.
Mammadyarov briefed his counterpart on the candidacy of Baku to host the EXPO-2025 in Azerbaijan.
The ministers expressed their conviction that the first Azerbaijan-Pakistan-Turkey trilateral meeting will be an important platform for discussion of issues of common interest and the development of mutually beneficial projects. In the spirit of the existing positive cooperation among the tree states at the Parliamentary level in the bilateral format will continue at a trilateral level and will further contribute to the development of friendship.
In the end, the importance of the Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process and VII Ministerial Conference under this format was also highlighted.
The foreign ministers of Pakistan and Turkey arrived in Baku to attend the trilateral meeting and the 7th Ministerial Conference of the Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process (HoA-IP) on Nov.30-Dec.1.
- 15.12.2017Qatar National Day marked in Baku
- 14.12.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017Bahar Muradova: Europe tends to react only when itself faced with threat
- 13.12.2017Ambassador: Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 13.12.2017‘Jerusalem has not been abandoned,’ Erdogan says
- 13.12.2017OIC member states recognize E. Jerusalem as Palestine’s capital
- 13.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: U.S. should reconsider its decision on Jerusalem
- 13.12.2017U.S. provides over $30.8 million for mine and UXO clearance in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Mahmoud Abbas rules out U.S. mediator role in Palestine-Israel peace process
- 13.12.2017Turkey’s Erdogan calls for recognition of Jerusalem as ‘occupied capital of Palestine’
- 13.12.2017Erdogan calls Israel an ‘occupying and terror state’
- 13.12.2017OIC summit on Jerusalem kicks off in Istanbul
- 13.12.2017OIC FMs meet in Istanbul to discuss Jerusalem issue
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Turkey
- 12.12.2017Iran’s Rouhani to visit Azerbaijan next year
- 12.12.2017ECHR: Armenia has to pay for damage to Azerbaijani IDPs
- 12.12.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues statement on al-Quds
- 12.12.2017Kazakh President Nazarbayev to propose date for Caspian summit
- 12.12.2017Deputy FM says he doesn’t believe in Azerbaijan’s accession to WTO in coming years
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan says issues on aviation agreement with EU can be resolved in early 2018
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia to continue negotiations on border delimitation early next year
- 12.12.2017Caspian states to sign separate agreement on water surface division
- 12.12.2017No middle line or any common principle for division of Caspian seabed: Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 12.12.2017Talks on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement may end by late 2018 – deputy FM
- 11.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian State Duma delegation
- 09.12.2017Erdogan invites Ilham Aliyev to attend OIC summit on Jerusalem issue
- 08.12.2017President Aliyev appoints Azerbaijan’s honorary consul to Djibouti
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Croatia
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Tajikistan
- 08.12.2017Russia never requested Azerbaijan for agrément for Georgy Zuev - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov attends the meeting of the GUAM Council of MFA
- 07.12.2017“ASAN Service” is a huge revolution in field of public services – Azerbaijani president
- 07.12.2017Israeli Embassy in Baku reacts to protests over Trump’s Jerusalem declaration
- 07.12.2017UK minister of state for trade to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijani public concerned over unfair attitude of certain circles in West and Europe
- 07.12.2017Lavrov: Russia will contribute to search for mutually acceptable solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Guba district
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan supports peaceful settlement of Israeli-Palestinian conflict - Foreign Ministry
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Pakistani FMs hold first trilateral meeting
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives India's minister of state for external affairs - UPDATED
- 30.11.2017Islamabad to host second Azerbaijan-Turkey-Pakistan ministerial meeting
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Pakistani foreign minister
- 30.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM Cavusoglu
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish foreign ministers meet in Baku