Azerbaijani, Pakistani foreign ministers meet in Baku
Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with his Pakistani counterpart Khawaja Mohammad Asif in Baku on Nov. 30.
The top diplomats met on the sidelines of the first trilateral meeting of the Azerbaijani, Turkish and Pakistani foreign ministers, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
The ministers underlined that the year of 2017 is marked by the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and Pakistan and expressed satisfaction with the level of friendly relations and partnership between our countries. They emphasized the importance of mutual high-level visits and the mechanism of political consultations between the Foreign Ministries in deepening bilateral relations.
Mammadyarov briefly informed his counterpart about the latest status of the negotiation process on Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Furthermore, he recalled that UN Security Council Resolution 822 on Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict dated April 30, 1993 was adopted during the presidency of Pakistan as non-permanent member of UNSC and extended appreciation to the Government of Pakistan for a fair position on the resolution of conflict and unequivocal support for Azerbaijan's just position within international organizations to this end.
The ministers underlined the importance of continued cooperation and mutual support within the international organizations.
Given the potential for the development of economic cooperation between Azerbaijan and Pakistan, it was emphasized that the two countries should increase joint efforts aimed at increasing trade turnover and promoting investment. The activity of the Joint Working Group on Trade Cooperation and Joint Commission between Azerbaijan and Pakistan was highly appreciated in the further development of bilateral economic relations.
It also stressed that the North-South Transport Corridor promises new and interesting opportunities. They reviewed possibilities of holding meeting of transport experts. Ministers also touched upon the importance of restoring air flights between Azerbaijan and Pakistan.
Mammadyarov briefed his counterpart on the candidacy of Baku to host the EXPO-2025 in Azerbaijan.
The ministers expressed their conviction that the first Azerbaijan-Pakistan-Turkey trilateral meeting will be an important platform for discussion of issues of common interest and the development of mutually beneficial projects. In the spirit of the existing positive cooperation among the tree states at the Parliamentary level in the bilateral format will continue at a trilateral level and will further contribute to the development of friendship.
In the end, the importance of the Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process and VII Ministerial Conference under this format was also highlighted.
The foreign ministers of Pakistan and Turkey arrived in Baku to attend the trilateral meeting and the 7th Ministerial Conference of the Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process (HoA-IP) on Nov.30-Dec.1.
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Macron on France’s World Cup victory
- 16.07.2018Tehran condemns terror attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 16.07.2018Traitors try to commit terrorist acts in Azerbaijan under guise of religion – Turkish envoy
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani official: Impossible to defeat national will
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 12.07.2018President Aliyev meets UN under-secretary-general
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends meeting on NATO mission in Afghanistan
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended reception hosted for leaders of NATO allies and partner nations
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani, Afghan presidents meet in Brussels
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan commends reiterated continuous support by EU to its territorial integrity
- 11.07.2018Aktau to host summit of Caspian states in early August
- 11.07.2018Document on Azerbaijan-EU partnership priorities initialed
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan to promote real regional co-op during BSEC chairmanship: Foreign Ministry
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan, EU expected to initial document new partnership priorities
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan’s successes seriously disturb some foreign circles – MFA
- 10.07.2018President of Azerbaijan pays a visit to Belgium
- 10.07.2018Turkish president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: TANAP is a ‘strategic investment’ made in Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood
- 10.07.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey relations stand at highest level
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold expanded meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood will continue to grow stronger
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Turkish president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plans to implement large number of industrial and infrastructure projects - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018Baku: EU-Azerbaijan ties to develop despite position of some forces in European Parliament
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani PM to attend Erdogan’s inauguration
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan intends to raise co-op with SCO to higher level – Mammadyarov
- 07.07.2018OSCE PA’s 27th annual session begins
- 06.07.2018Ramazan Abdulatipov: Caspian ‘on the brink of disaster’
- 05.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan is becoming important East-West and North-South transport corridor - UPDATED
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Pakistani FMs hold first trilateral meeting
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives India's minister of state for external affairs - UPDATED
- 30.11.2017Islamabad to host second Azerbaijan-Turkey-Pakistan ministerial meeting
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Pakistani foreign minister
- 30.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM Cavusoglu
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish foreign ministers meet in Baku