Azerbaijani MP accuses Yerevan of manipulating fate of Syrian Armenians
The OSCE PA autumn session began with the Mediterranean Forum where issues of support for cooperation and security in the sea basin were discussed.
The delegation head emphasized that Armenia accepted more than 20,000 Armenian refugees from Syria, asking the OSCE PA for support to his country.
The deputy head of the Azerbaijani delegation to the OSCE PA, Tahir Mirkishili, said that said that while the most serious problems in the OSCE region are refugees and conflicts, the countries should be responsive and sincere in addressing these problems.
“If the Armenian government had been responsible 30 years ago and not invaded Azerbaijani territory, we would not be talking about the more than a million refugees in Azerbaijan and 100,000 refugees in Armenia,” Mirkishili said.
He also accused Yerevan of manipulating the fate of Syrian Armenians. “The manipulation of the fate of Syrian Armenians is inadmissible,” Mirkishili stressed.
“The head of Armenia’s delegation talked about 20,000 refugees transferred to Armenia from Syria. But he did not specify why those refugees coming from Syria have been placed in Azerbaijan’s occupied territories by the Armenian leadership. It wrong of you to manipulate their fate,” he added.
Mirkishili noted that it is important to eliminate the consequences of a problem before making an effort to resolve it.
“If we want problems resolved, countries must stop occupying each other’s territory and respect each other’s territorial integrity,” he said.
Related news releases
- 18.12.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Tajikistan
- 18.12.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Russian ambassador
- 18.12.2017Azerbaijan is a very reliable partner for NATO – Hungarian envoy
- 18.12.2017Member countries’ unified position is GUAM’s main achievement – Secretary General
- 18.12.2017Maros Sefcovic: Azerbaijan is a strategic energy partner for EU - INTERVIEW
- 18.12.2017Nagorno-Karabakh conflict issue raised at GUAM PA session
- 18.12.2017Georgian FM: Conflicts in GUAM countries hamper regional development
- 18.12.2017GUAM achieved stable position in int’l arena – Georgia
- 18.12.2017Tbilisi hosts 10th annual session of GUAM PA
- 16.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Kazakh leader
- 15.12.2017Qatar National Day marked in Baku
- 14.12.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017Bahar Muradova: Europe tends to react only when itself faced with threat
- 13.12.2017Ambassador: Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 13.12.2017‘Jerusalem has not been abandoned,’ Erdogan says
- 13.12.2017OIC member states recognize E. Jerusalem as Palestine’s capital
- 13.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: U.S. should reconsider its decision on Jerusalem
- 13.12.2017U.S. provides over $30.8 million for mine and UXO clearance in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Mahmoud Abbas rules out U.S. mediator role in Palestine-Israel peace process
- 13.12.2017Turkey’s Erdogan calls for recognition of Jerusalem as ‘occupied capital of Palestine’
- 13.12.2017Erdogan calls Israel an ‘occupying and terror state’
- 13.12.2017OIC summit on Jerusalem kicks off in Istanbul
- 13.12.2017OIC FMs meet in Istanbul to discuss Jerusalem issue
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Turkey
- 12.12.2017Iran’s Rouhani to visit Azerbaijan next year
- 12.12.2017ECHR: Armenia has to pay for damage to Azerbaijani IDPs
- 12.12.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues statement on al-Quds
- 12.12.2017Kazakh President Nazarbayev to propose date for Caspian summit
- 12.12.2017Deputy FM says he doesn’t believe in Azerbaijan’s accession to WTO in coming years
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan says issues on aviation agreement with EU can be resolved in early 2018
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia to continue negotiations on border delimitation early next year
- 12.12.2017Caspian states to sign separate agreement on water surface division
- 12.12.2017No middle line or any common principle for division of Caspian seabed: Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 12.12.2017Talks on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement may end by late 2018 – deputy FM
- 11.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian State Duma delegation
- 09.12.2017Erdogan invites Ilham Aliyev to attend OIC summit on Jerusalem issue
- 08.12.2017President Aliyev appoints Azerbaijan’s honorary consul to Djibouti
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Croatia
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Tajikistan
- 03.10.2017Ukraine, Azerbaijan support each other on international arena – FM Klimkin
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijan ‘the most important partner’ for Germany in South Caucasus, envoy says
- 03.10.2017Germany expresses support for Azerbaijan-EU relations
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 03.10.2017GUAM’s 20th anniversary to be marked at ministerial level in Tbilisi
- 03.10.2017Ukraine says association agreement with EU is a ‘roadmap’ for European-oriented reforms