Azerbaijani MP accuses Yerevan of manipulating fate of Syrian Armenians
The OSCE PA autumn session began with the Mediterranean Forum where issues of support for cooperation and security in the sea basin were discussed.
The delegation head emphasized that Armenia accepted more than 20,000 Armenian refugees from Syria, asking the OSCE PA for support to his country.
The deputy head of the Azerbaijani delegation to the OSCE PA, Tahir Mirkishili, said that said that while the most serious problems in the OSCE region are refugees and conflicts, the countries should be responsive and sincere in addressing these problems.
“If the Armenian government had been responsible 30 years ago and not invaded Azerbaijani territory, we would not be talking about the more than a million refugees in Azerbaijan and 100,000 refugees in Armenia,” Mirkishili said.
He also accused Yerevan of manipulating the fate of Syrian Armenians. “The manipulation of the fate of Syrian Armenians is inadmissible,” Mirkishili stressed.
“The head of Armenia’s delegation talked about 20,000 refugees transferred to Armenia from Syria. But he did not specify why those refugees coming from Syria have been placed in Azerbaijan’s occupied territories by the Armenian leadership. It wrong of you to manipulate their fate,” he added.
Mirkishili noted that it is important to eliminate the consequences of a problem before making an effort to resolve it.
“If we want problems resolved, countries must stop occupying each other’s territory and respect each other’s territorial integrity,” he said.
Related news releases
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani heroes
- 13.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria is a very important partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet in Geneva on Oct. 16
- 03.10.2017Ukraine, Azerbaijan support each other on international arena – FM Klimkin
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijan ‘the most important partner’ for Germany in South Caucasus, envoy says
- 03.10.2017Germany expresses support for Azerbaijan-EU relations
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 03.10.2017GUAM’s 20th anniversary to be marked at ministerial level in Tbilisi
- 03.10.2017Ukraine says association agreement with EU is a ‘roadmap’ for European-oriented reforms