Azerbaijani, Moroccan FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov received the delegation headed by Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Nasser Bourita in the framework of his official visit to the country.
At the meeting the ministers expressed their satisfaction with the development of political dialogue and friendship between Azerbaijan and Morocco based on the historical and cultural ties, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
It was underlined that friendly bilateral relations established by the National Leader Heydar Aliyev and King Hassan II of Morocco are successfully continued by President Ilham Aliyev and King Mohammed VI.
The Moroccan minister noted his meeting with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and said that very fruitful discussions took place at the meeting.
The sides noted that there is a huge potential for the development of economic-trade relations between our countries and expressed their firm confidence that the first meeting of the Azerbaijan-Morocco Intergovernmental Joint Commission will give a substantial boost to the development of economic relations between the two countries.
The ministers stressed the importance of establishing direct contacts between business circles of two countries in order to promote economic and trade relations and noted that there are favorable opportunities for cooperation in energy, agriculture, tourism, transport and other spheres of mutual interest.
Furthermore, the sides highlighted the importance of holding political consultations at the level of foreign ministries and student-academic exchanges between the diplomatic institutions.
Expressing their satisfaction with the development of cultural ties between Azerbaijan and Morocco, the sides underlined their conviction that holding of Cultural Days will contribute to strengthening friendly relations and mutual tourism flow between the two countries.
The sides exchanged their views on the issues of international agenda and touched upon the cooperation within the international organizations. Minister Mammadyarov said that our country applied to hold Expo-2025 in Baku. He also informed his counterpart about upcoming mid-term Ministerial of Non-Aligned Movement to be held in Baku in April this year.
Also, it was underlined that Azerbaijan and Morocco have made a significant contribution to the interfaith dialogue and mutual understanding at the international level.
At the meeting Mammadyarov briefed his counterpart about the negotiation process on the resolution of Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, just and fair position of Azerbaijan, Armenia’s plundering and destruction policy of the Islamic cultural heritage of Azerbaijani people in the occupied territories. Minister Mammadyarov expressed his gratitude for joining of the Kingdom of Morocco to the OIC Contact Group on the aggression of the Republic of Armenia against the Republic of Azerbaijan and continued support for the fair and just position of Azerbaijan on settlement of conflict based on the relevant resolutions of UN Security Council.
Within the first meeting of the Azerbaijan-Morocco Intergovernmental Joint Commission the Protocol of the First Meeting of the Joint Commission on bilateral cooperation between the Government of Republic of Azerbaijan and Government of Kingdom of Morocco, Convention between the Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Government of the Kingdom of Morocco for the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income, Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Government of the Kingdom of Morocco on cooperation in the field of security and combating crime, Protocol of Intent between “Azerbaijan Railways” Closed Joint Stock Company and the “Moroccan National Railways” and Protocol of Intent between Azerbaijan State Marine Academy and the Higher Institute of Maritime Studies of Morocco were signed.
Furthermore, the ministers held the joint press conference.
The ministers will then have a meeting in an expanded format.
In the end, the ministers will hold a joint press conference.
Related news releases
- 23.03.2018Latvia: 'I think highly of voting process in Azerbaijan'
- 23.03.2018Date and agenda of PACE spring session announced
- 23.03.2018Flag hoisting ceremony held in Pakistani embassy in Azerbaijan
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Pakistani counterpart
- 22.03.2018PACE co-rapporteurs to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 06.03.2018China’s Xi Jinping offers condolences to Ilham Aliyev
- 06.03.2018Turkmen leader offers condolences to Azerbaijani president
- 06.03.2018Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan phoned President Ilham Aliyev
- 05.03.2018Petro Poroshenko offers condolences to Ilham Aliyev
- 05.03.2018Azerbaijani president expected to visit Belarus - envoy
- 05.03.2018FM: Countries supporting Azerbaijan in OIC tend to abstain in other organizations