Azerbaijani MFA releases information on preparation for presidential election
For this purpose, a working group of employees of the relevant departments of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been established and the work is being coordinated with the Central Election Commission.
According to Article 2.3 of the Election Code, the diplomatic missions and consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan should facilitate the exercise of the rights of Azerbaijani citizens residing outside the country, which are enshrined in Articles 3 and 56 of the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan, with regard to the holding of elections and referendums.
At the same time, according to Article 4.12 of the "Regulations on the Consulate of the Republic of Azerbaijan" approved with the Presidential Decree No. 532 dated February 26, 2007, the diplomatic missions and consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan shall assist citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan in exercising their electoral rights.
According to Article 35.6 of the Election Code, election precincts, which are established for the collection and counting of votes of voters outside the country on Voting Day, shall be created by the heads of diplomatic missions or consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan at least 30 days prior to Voting Day, in the territories where such voters reside, provided the number of voters registered with the consulate is more than 50.
In this regard, there are instructions on the organization of presidential elections and referendum of Azerbaijan outside the country, which was approved by the Central Election Commission’s (CEC) decision No 4/25 of 27 June 2003.
On the initiative of the Central Election Commission, a training session will be held on March 13 with the participation of CEC members and the members of the relevant working group of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to exchange methodological experience in connection with the upcoming presidential election.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has already submitted to the Central Election Commission the information on the number of voters, who have reached the voting age of 18, currently registered at Azerbaijani diplomatic missions and consulates.
Forty-one polling stations will be created in 32 countries in connection with the April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijan president signs pardon order
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 21.05.2018Serbia’s Vucic officially welcomed in Baku
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Significant work done towards rapid reduction of unemployment - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Serbian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Legal status of Caspian Sea to be discussed in Astana on May 21-24
- 19.05.2018Poroshenko signs decree on recalling Ukraine’s representatives from CIS statutory bodies
- 19.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan remains ready to contribute to the just solution of the Palestinian issue"
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President meets with UNESCO Director General in Paris
- 18.05.2018Mehriban Aliyev attends conference on 80th birthday of Koïchiro Matsuura in Paris
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani, Kyrgyz presidents hold phone talk
- 18.05.2018Baku to convey serious protest to Russian Foreign Ministry
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: No one will accept such Council of Europe
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to King of Norway
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been interrogated for 3 hours
- 12.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Upcoming presidential election will reflect Azerbaijani people’s will - UPDATED
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan summons US envoy, hands note of protest
- 12.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Georgia co-op is successful not only in region, but also on a global level - UPDATED
- 12.03.2018Georgian PM arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.03.2018Georgian president and prime minister extend condolences to Azerbaijani president
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president approves MoU between ASAN Service and ISESCO