Azerbaijani, Latvian presidents hold one-on-one meeting in Riga
An official welcome ceremony has today been held for President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev at the residence of the Latvian President, Riga Castle.
A ceremonial guard of honor was lined up for President Ilham Aliyev in front of the castle decorated with national flags of the two countries.
Latvian President Raimonds Vejonis greeted President Ilham Aliyev.
A military orchestra played the national anthems of Azerbaijan and Latvia.
The chief of the guard of honor reported to the Azerbaijani president.
The heads of state reviewed the guard of honor.
Latvian state and government officials were introduced to President Ilham Aliyev, while members of the Azerbaijani delegation were introduced to President Raimonds Vejonis.
The presidents posed for official photos.
President Ilham Aliyev signed the honorary guest book at the State Emblem Hall of the Riga Castle.
The heads of state then exchanged keepsakes.
After the official welcome ceremony, President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and President of the Republic of Latvia Raimonds Vejonis have held a one-on-one meeting.
The presidents noted successful development of the bilateral relations in political, economic and other areas. The importance of the Azerbaijani president’s official visit to Latvia in terms of the expansion of relations was emphasized. The heads of state exchanged views over the current state and prospects of Azerbaijan-Latvia relations, and discussed the opportunities for expanding the bilateral ties.
The presidents also exchanged views over other issues of mutual interest.
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in New York
- 20.09.2017President: Since 2004, Azerbaijan’s economy has grown more than threefold
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plays important role on global energy market
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Development of democracy, human rights protection among Azerbaijan’s top priorities
- 20.09.2017Chairman of EU Political and Security Committee to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.09.2017Jankauskas announces date of next round of EU-Azerbaijan talks on new deal - UPDATED
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev to address UN General Assembly
- 20.09.2017FM: Azerbaijan supports lasting solution to Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijani President attends state banquet at UN headquarters
- 20.09.2017Benjamin Netanyahu: “Israel expanded corporation with Azerbaijan" - VIDEO
- 19.09.2017China, Azerbaijan consider education a priority area – ambassador
- 19.09.2017PACE co-rapporteurs make statement following their visit to Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with representatives of American Jewish organizations in New York
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Foundation for Ethnic Understanding in New York
- 17.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in the United States for visit
- 15.09.2017First Vice President Mehriban Aliyeva meets with French Minister of State attached to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Mexican counterpart
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan checking if its citizens among London underground attack victims
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani FM meets Lao president
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets French Secretary of State to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives PACE co-rapporteurs - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017Moscow hosts int’l conference on Azerbaijan-Russia relations - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017UK hails Azerbaijan’s clear stance on counterterrorism
- 14.09.2017Alan Duncan: British PM intends to meet Azerbaijani president soon
- 14.09.2017UK says new ACG contract will greatly contribute to Azerbaijan’s economy
- 14.09.2017Russia’s ruling party welcomes creation of ‘Moscow-Baku axis’
- 14.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister visits Israel’s leading defense industry enterprises
- 14.09.2017US companies continue support for Azerbaijan’s key role in global energy security
- 14.09.2017Azerbaijani president meets with Turkish energy minister
- 14.09.2017Ambassador Cekuta: US-Azerbaijan co-op covers three equally important areas
- 14.09.2017PACE PA co-rapporteurs arrive in Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Switzerland
- 13.09.2017Japanese PM sends letter to Azerbaijani president on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations between two countries
- 13.09.2017UK minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Vietnam will benefit from North-South transport corridor
- 13.09.2017No date set for Erdogan’s visit to Azerbaijan – ambassador
- 13.09.2017Lotfi Zadeh’s body to be sent to Azerbaijan in coming days – consul general
- 12.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev recalls head of Azerbaijani mission to NATO
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Turkey
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani president says he’s confident new agreement with EU will be signed soon - UPDATED
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani, Latvian presidents make press statements
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan, Latvia sign joint declaration on strategic partnership
- 16.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Latvia for official visit
- 15.07.2017Alexei Venediktov: Russia-Azerbaijan relations should be cleared of ‘random mines’
- 15.07.2017Turkish ambassador: Ilham Aliyev was one of the first heads of state to telephone Erdogan during 15 July coup attempt