Azerbaijani, Iranian presidents discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
The presidents emphasized the role in bilateral relations of shared historical, cultural and religious roots between the peoples of Azerbaijan and Iran, APA reported.
The sides said the fact that the presidents have had ten meetings over the past five years is an indicator of the level of successful bilateral cooperation, noting that political relations continue to develop successfully.
They also discussed the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
President Ilham Aliyev talked about Armenia's aggressive policy and the negotiation process on the settlement of the conflict, as well as cooperation in the military and military-technical fields and prospects in this direction.
They also touched on regional issues and exchanged views on countering terrorism and extremism.
It was noted that the tripartite cooperation between Azerbaijan, Iran and Russia has great potential, and this format can yield a good result for cooperation in important areas.
The presidents also discussed issues of economic cooperation between Azerbaijan and Iran, highly appreciating the growth of mutual trade turnover by 70 percent last year and by 33 percent in the first nine months of 2017.
The sides exchanged views on issues of mutual investment, cooperation in the energy, oil and gas, transport spheres.
The successful implementation of the International North-South Transport Corridor (INSTC) project was also emphasized at the meeting.
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention on Caspian legal status allows laying pipelines on seabed
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention bans military presence of non-party countries in Caspian Sea
- 22.06.2018Russian government approves draft Convention on Caspian legal status
- 22.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives members of ADB Board of Governors
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani PM: There is practically no concept of justice in int’l relations
- 22.06.20182018 CAMCA Regional Forum underway in Baku
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan chose to closely cooperate with West – PM
- 22.06.2018U.S. congressman extends congratulations over centenary of ADR
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Implementation of UN SC resolutions entrusted to OSCE MG co-chairs
- 21.06.2018Guterres stresses importance of implementing UNSC resolutions
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Minsk
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 01.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian presidents meet in Tehran
- 01.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iran's Supreme Leader Sayyid Ali Khamenei
- 01.11.2017Ambassador: Turkey-Azerbaijan relations stronger than iron
- 01.11.2017Council of Europe expects problems with Azerbaijan to be resolved by end of this month
- 01.11.2017Azerbaijani president starts visit to Iran
- 01.11.2017Montenegrin FM arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit