Azerbaijani, Iranian presidents discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
The presidents emphasized the role in bilateral relations of shared historical, cultural and religious roots between the peoples of Azerbaijan and Iran, APA reported.
The sides said the fact that the presidents have had ten meetings over the past five years is an indicator of the level of successful bilateral cooperation, noting that political relations continue to develop successfully.
They also discussed the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
President Ilham Aliyev talked about Armenia's aggressive policy and the negotiation process on the settlement of the conflict, as well as cooperation in the military and military-technical fields and prospects in this direction.
They also touched on regional issues and exchanged views on countering terrorism and extremism.
It was noted that the tripartite cooperation between Azerbaijan, Iran and Russia has great potential, and this format can yield a good result for cooperation in important areas.
The presidents also discussed issues of economic cooperation between Azerbaijan and Iran, highly appreciating the growth of mutual trade turnover by 70 percent last year and by 33 percent in the first nine months of 2017.
The sides exchanged views on issues of mutual investment, cooperation in the energy, oil and gas, transport spheres.
The successful implementation of the International North-South Transport Corridor (INSTC) project was also emphasized at the meeting.
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan one of most active members of PACE – CoE Baku Office
- 14.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, EU have some divergent views on issues of trade, tariffs and subsidies
- 14.02.2018FM: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to development of strategic partnership with Russia
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives British PM's trade envoy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Argentinean musician from ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives US delegation
- 14.02.2018British PM's trade envoy arrives in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan invites PACE to observe presidential election
- 13.02.2018Milan court acquits Luca Volontè accused of political corruption linked to Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 01.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian presidents meet in Tehran
- 01.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iran's Supreme Leader Sayyid Ali Khamenei
- 01.11.2017Ambassador: Turkey-Azerbaijan relations stronger than iron
- 01.11.2017Council of Europe expects problems with Azerbaijan to be resolved by end of this month
- 01.11.2017Azerbaijani president starts visit to Iran
- 01.11.2017Montenegrin FM arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit