Azerbaijani, Iranian presidents discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
The presidents emphasized the role in bilateral relations of shared historical, cultural and religious roots between the peoples of Azerbaijan and Iran, APA reported.
The sides said the fact that the presidents have had ten meetings over the past five years is an indicator of the level of successful bilateral cooperation, noting that political relations continue to develop successfully.
They also discussed the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
President Ilham Aliyev talked about Armenia's aggressive policy and the negotiation process on the settlement of the conflict, as well as cooperation in the military and military-technical fields and prospects in this direction.
They also touched on regional issues and exchanged views on countering terrorism and extremism.
It was noted that the tripartite cooperation between Azerbaijan, Iran and Russia has great potential, and this format can yield a good result for cooperation in important areas.
The presidents also discussed issues of economic cooperation between Azerbaijan and Iran, highly appreciating the growth of mutual trade turnover by 70 percent last year and by 33 percent in the first nine months of 2017.
The sides exchanged views on issues of mutual investment, cooperation in the energy, oil and gas, transport spheres.
The successful implementation of the International North-South Transport Corridor (INSTC) project was also emphasized at the meeting.
- 21.11.2017Fuad Isgandarov: EU attitude towards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity to change soon
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 01.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian presidents meet in Tehran
- 01.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iran's Supreme Leader Sayyid Ali Khamenei
- 01.11.2017Ambassador: Turkey-Azerbaijan relations stronger than iron
- 01.11.2017Council of Europe expects problems with Azerbaijan to be resolved by end of this month
- 01.11.2017Azerbaijani president starts visit to Iran
- 01.11.2017Montenegrin FM arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit