Azerbaijani, Iranian and Russian FMs to hold trilateral meeting
Speaking to reporters on Monday, Ansari said the implementation of the agreements reached in Tehran between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Iran will give impetus not only to the development of relations between the two countries, but also to the strengthening of relations with other neighboring countries.
According to the spokesperson, President Ilham Aliyev’s visit to Tehran will have a significant impact on the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Iran, the two friendly and brotherly countries.
Asked about the possible visa cancellation by Azerbaijan for Iranian citizens, Ansari said that the Azerbaijani side doesn’t have such an idea yet. “We will provide any new information in this regard,” he added.
With regard to the Syrian crisis, he said some terrorist groups continue violating the ceasefire that came into effect in Syria at midnight on February 27.
“The [ceasefire violation] is consistent with the interests of some terrorist groups. We demand the countries having a role in Syria to support the implementation of the ceasefire agreement,” Ansari stressed.
Asked about Iran’s military involvement in Syria and Iraq, the spokesperson said Iran is constantly holding consultations with the two countries and steps are being taken at the request of the governments of these countries.
The continuation of these consultations depends on the state of the conflicts and the willingness of both Syria and Iraq, Ansari concluded.
Related news releases
- 01.10.2016EU-Azerbaijan sub-committees restoring their activities
- 01.10.2016Malena Mard welcomes Azerbaijani Parliament’s decision on restoring relations with European Parliament
- 01.10.2016Latvian Saeima Speaker to visit Azerbaijan
- 30.09.2016Azerbaijan did great job by overcoming IDP problem: Russian president’s envoy
- 30.09.2016Azerbaijani president receives member of French Assembly
- 30.09.2016“New wave of pressure will start against Azerbaijan with restoration of cooperation with Euronest PA”
- 30.09.2016Azerbaijani delegation to attend Shimon Peres funeral
- 30.09.2016Israeli embassy in Baku to open condolence book over Shimon Peres death
- 29.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev visits Israeli embassy in Baku
- 29.09.2016Azerbaijani president receives rector of Moscow Int’l Relations Institute
- 29.09.2016Azerbaijani president receives ISESCO director general
- 29.09.2016About 50,000 people in nine countries regained sight as result of AIDA projects
- 29.09.2016Azerbaijani president receives UN assistant secretary-general
- 29.09.2016Multiculturalism - one of main directions of Azerbaijani policy
- 29.09.2016Bulgaria supports all humanitarian initiatives of Azerbaijan – VP
- 29.09.2016ISESCO calls on UN to make greater efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict
- 29.09.2016UNESCO: Sustainable development and peace dependent on each other
- 29.09.2016Putin: Baku Int’l Humanitarian Forum gained great reputation
- 28.09.2016EU comments on constitutional referendum in Azerbaijan
- 28.09.2016Russia’s FSB chief says there are docs on plans of int’l terrorist organizations on North Caucasus
- 28.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives Uruguayan parliamentary delegation
- 28.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives African Union Commissioner for Political Affairs
- 28.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death of Shimon Peres
- 28.09.2016PACE invites Azerbaijani justice minister and Venice Commission’s president for an exchange of views
- 28.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Senate of Chile
- 28.09.2016Azerbaijani president receives associate dean of Wiesenthal Centre
- 28.09.2016Pakistan’s PM to visit Azerbaijan
- 28.09.2016CIS: Azerbaijani referendum results reflect people’s will”
- 28.09.2016PACE to consider list of candidates from Azerbaijan for post of ECHR judge
- 28.09.2016Azerbaijani president receives Tajik delegation
- 28.09.2016Azerbaijani president receives delegation led by Bulgarian VP
- 28.09.2016US recognizes results of referendum in Azerbaijan
- 27.09.2016Release of activists detained in Azerbaijan pre-referendum campaign to be included in PACE mission final report
- 27.09.2016"Hope this mistake will be withdrawn from PACE mission’s final report on Azerbaijani referendum"
- 27.09.2016Azerbaijani president receives Turkish ministers
- 27.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Children's Arts School in Sumgayit
- 27.09.2016German parliamentary delegation due in Azerbaijan
- 27.09.2016Finnish observer: Referendum reflects Azerbaijani people’s will
- 27.09.2016Observation group of int’l NGOs holds press conference on Azerbaijan’s referendum
- 27.09.2016PACE invites Azerbaijan to respect Venice Commission’s opinion
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president receives Turkish energy and natural resources minister
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president: Southern Gas Corridor – energy security project
- 29.02.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives Georgian deputy PM
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president attends Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council meeting
- 29.02.2016PACE president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 29.02.2016US State of Georgia issues next statement recognizing Khojaly massacre