Azerbaijani, Iranian and Russian FMs to hold trilateral meeting
Speaking to reporters on Monday, Ansari said the implementation of the agreements reached in Tehran between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Iran will give impetus not only to the development of relations between the two countries, but also to the strengthening of relations with other neighboring countries.
According to the spokesperson, President Ilham Aliyev’s visit to Tehran will have a significant impact on the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Iran, the two friendly and brotherly countries.
Asked about the possible visa cancellation by Azerbaijan for Iranian citizens, Ansari said that the Azerbaijani side doesn’t have such an idea yet. “We will provide any new information in this regard,” he added.
With regard to the Syrian crisis, he said some terrorist groups continue violating the ceasefire that came into effect in Syria at midnight on February 27.
“The [ceasefire violation] is consistent with the interests of some terrorist groups. We demand the countries having a role in Syria to support the implementation of the ceasefire agreement,” Ansari stressed.
Asked about Iran’s military involvement in Syria and Iraq, the spokesperson said Iran is constantly holding consultations with the two countries and steps are being taken at the request of the governments of these countries.
The continuation of these consultations depends on the state of the conflicts and the willingness of both Syria and Iraq, Ansari concluded.
Related news releases
- 03.12.2016Azerbaijani president receives Mevlut Cavusoglu
- 03.12.2016Azerbaijani, Turkish, Turkmen energy and foreign ministers may meet in early 2017
- 03.12.2016Turkey says welcomes Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO steps
- 03.12.2016Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs mull Karabakh conflict settlement
- 02.12.2016AmCham prepares recommendations for development of business in Azerbaijan
- 02.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Russia are good neighbors, continue to be friends
- 02.12.2016Turkish FM en route to Azerbaijan
- 02.12.2016Russia ready to solve regional problems - REPORT FROM KREMLIN - UPDATED
- 01.12.2016Russian deputy FM pays working visit to Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-US energy co-op developing successfully - UPDATED
- 01.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina support each other within int’l organizations - UPDATED
- 01.12.2016Peru intends to open embassy in Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2016Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina mull co-op prospects - UPDATED
- 01.12.2016FM: Turkey respects Russia’s will to solve Karabakh conflict
- 01.12.2016No consensus on TAP within Bosnia & Herzegovina: FM
- 01.12.2016FM: Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina enjoy high level political relations
- 01.12.2016Azerbaijani deputy FM to attend BSEC Ministerial Council meeting
- 30.11.2016Moscow says Russia-Azerbaijan ties remain stable
- 30.11.2016Italian TV program, known for anti-Azerbaijani propaganda, suspended
- 30.11.2016Bosnia and Herzegovina’s FM due in Azerbaijan
- 30.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences to Turkish counterpart
- 30.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev responds to questions from Euronews, Russia-24 channels
- 29.11.2016Belarus president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2016Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by South African minister - UPDATED
- 29.11.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Iran joint projects are of global nature - UPDATED
- 29.11.2016South Africa to open embassy in Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan welcomes South Africa’s fair stance on Karabakh conflict
- 29.11.2016Lukashenko: Azerbaijani oil played a big part in winning Great Patriotic War
- 29.11.2016Belarus president pays respect to Azerbaijan’s national leader Heydar Aliyev in Baku
- 29.11.2016Belarus President: "Our relations have a level of strategic partnership"
- 29.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan and Belarus actively support each other in international organizations"
- 28.11.2016Azerbaijan`s first lady Mehriban Aliyeva meets with British Prime Ministerial Trade Envoy
- 28.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev hosted official dinner reception in honor of Belarus President
- 28.11.2016Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko presented with “Heydar Aliyev” Order
- 28.11.2016Azerbaijan and Belarus sign a number of documents on cooperation in various spheres
- 28.11.2016Belarus ready for long-term cooperation with Azerbaijan in oil sector
- 28.11.2016Presidents of Azerbaijan, Belarus meet in expanded format
- 28.11.2016Lukashenko: Azerbaijan can rely on Belarus as closest friend
- 28.11.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan eager to continue all-round cooperation with Belarus
- 28.11.2016Azerbaijani, Belarusian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president receives Turkish energy and natural resources minister
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president: Southern Gas Corridor – energy security project
- 29.02.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives Georgian deputy PM
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president attends Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council meeting
- 29.02.2016PACE president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 29.02.2016US State of Georgia issues next statement recognizing Khojaly massacre