Azerbaijani, Iranian and Russian FMs to hold trilateral meeting
Speaking to reporters on Monday, Ansari said the implementation of the agreements reached in Tehran between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Iran will give impetus not only to the development of relations between the two countries, but also to the strengthening of relations with other neighboring countries.
According to the spokesperson, President Ilham Aliyev’s visit to Tehran will have a significant impact on the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Iran, the two friendly and brotherly countries.
Asked about the possible visa cancellation by Azerbaijan for Iranian citizens, Ansari said that the Azerbaijani side doesn’t have such an idea yet. “We will provide any new information in this regard,” he added.
With regard to the Syrian crisis, he said some terrorist groups continue violating the ceasefire that came into effect in Syria at midnight on February 27.
“The [ceasefire violation] is consistent with the interests of some terrorist groups. We demand the countries having a role in Syria to support the implementation of the ceasefire agreement,” Ansari stressed.
Asked about Iran’s military involvement in Syria and Iraq, the spokesperson said Iran is constantly holding consultations with the two countries and steps are being taken at the request of the governments of these countries.
The continuation of these consultations depends on the state of the conflicts and the willingness of both Syria and Iraq, Ansari concluded.
Related news releases
- 18.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Palantir CEO in Davos
- 17.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of LafargeHolcim
- 17.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with managing director of VPS Healthcare
- 17.01.2017Azerbaijani President meets with the Prime minister of Luxembourg
- 17.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with BP CEO in Davos
- 17.01.2017Azerbaijani President meets with Swiss President
- 17.01.2017Latvia’s stance on Karabakh conflict remains unchanged, says ambassador
- 17.01.2017US ambassador to Azerbaijan not to participate in Trump’s inauguration ceremony
- 17.01.2017Russian FM comments on detention of blogger Lapshin over illegal visit to Karabakh
- 17.01.2017Azerbaijan's foreign policy does not comprise integration in any direction: PA official
- 17.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Norwegian FM in Davos
- 17.01.2017Baku to host Azerbaijan-EU business forum
- 17.01.2017EU, Azerbaijan likely to start negotiations in next few weeks
- 17.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with Executive Chairman of the World Economic
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijani FM to attend OIC meeting
- 16.01.2017Romania enjoys strategic partnership with Azerbaijan: ambassador
- 14.01.2017Azerbaijani FM sends letter to Turkish counterpart
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijani president sends letter to Turkish counterpart
- 13.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s success today – an outcome of targeted efforts of past few years
- 12.01.2017Blogger Lapshin may apologize to Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives PACE co-rapporteurs
- 11.01.2017Baku to host EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee meeting
- 10.01.2017Azerbaijani President receives a French Secretary of State for Development
- 10.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Rafsanjani was a big supporter of development of Iran-Azerbaijan ties
- 10.01.2017Azerbaijani parliamentary delegation attends Rafsanjani’s funeral
- 10.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Statements made by Pope Francis in Baku reaffirmed importance of Azerbaijan
- 10.01.2017PACE co-rapporteurs to visit Azerbaijan
- 10.01.2017Georgia hopes border delimitation and demarcation with Azerbaijan to end in 2017 - EXCLUSIVE
- 10.01.2017Iran-Azerbaijan ties began strengthening during Rafsanjani’s reign, says ambassador
- 10.01.2017US ambassador to Azerbaijan comments on possibility of Trump recalling him
- 10.01.2017Azerbaijan going to EU as real partner in different spheres: ambassador
- 09.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Estonia enjoy active co-op within int’l organizations
- 09.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev expresses condolences over Rafsanjani's death
- 09.01.2017Ilham Aliyev receives incoming ambassadors - UPDATED-1
- 09.01.2017Azerbaijan says joining Islamic Military Alliance not on its foreign policy agenda - UPDATED
- 06.01.2017US embassy: Cekuta expected to continue as ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 05.01.2017Latvian president to visit Azerbaijan
- 04.01.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen and Turkish presidents to meet in coming months – Turkish FM
- 03.01.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates President of Myanmar
- 03.01.2017Turkey’s parliament kicks off new year with constitutional changes on agenda
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president receives Turkish energy and natural resources minister
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president: Southern Gas Corridor – energy security project
- 29.02.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives Georgian deputy PM
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president attends Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council meeting
- 29.02.2016PACE president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 29.02.2016US State of Georgia issues next statement recognizing Khojaly massacre