Azerbaijani, Iranian and Russian FMs to hold trilateral meeting
Speaking to reporters on Monday, Ansari said the implementation of the agreements reached in Tehran between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Iran will give impetus not only to the development of relations between the two countries, but also to the strengthening of relations with other neighboring countries.
According to the spokesperson, President Ilham Aliyev’s visit to Tehran will have a significant impact on the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Iran, the two friendly and brotherly countries.
Asked about the possible visa cancellation by Azerbaijan for Iranian citizens, Ansari said that the Azerbaijani side doesn’t have such an idea yet. “We will provide any new information in this regard,” he added.
With regard to the Syrian crisis, he said some terrorist groups continue violating the ceasefire that came into effect in Syria at midnight on February 27.
“The [ceasefire violation] is consistent with the interests of some terrorist groups. We demand the countries having a role in Syria to support the implementation of the ceasefire agreement,” Ansari stressed.
Asked about Iran’s military involvement in Syria and Iraq, the spokesperson said Iran is constantly holding consultations with the two countries and steps are being taken at the request of the governments of these countries.
The continuation of these consultations depends on the state of the conflicts and the willingness of both Syria and Iraq, Ansari concluded.
Related news releases
- 27.05.2018MFA:The sovereign territory of the Azerbaijani Democratic Republic was 114,000 square kilometers
- 26.05.2018Ogtay Asadov attends events dedicated to centenary of first Georgian republic
- 26.05.2018Emmanuel Macron: France to do its utmost for fair resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2018Italian president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Finnish President congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Azerbaijan’s parliamentary speaker starts visit to Georgia
- 26.05.2018San Diego proclaims May 28 as “100th Anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic Day”
- 26.05.2018Mayor of Cleveland signs proclamation designating May 28 as Centennial Celebration of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2018Japan’s Emperor Akihito congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.05.2018Jamestown Foundation dedicates article to centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Los Angeles celebrates 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 24.05.2018Consultations held in Astana concerning Caspian legal status
- 24.05.2018Chinese president: Azerbaijan’s int’l status and influence growing day after day
- 24.05.2018Putin: Azerbaijan enjoys great authority in int’l community
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani president pardons 634 people - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president receives Turkish energy and natural resources minister
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president: Southern Gas Corridor – energy security project
- 29.02.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives Georgian deputy PM
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president attends Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council meeting
- 29.02.2016PACE president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 29.02.2016US State of Georgia issues next statement recognizing Khojaly massacre