Azerbaijani, Iranian and Russian FMs to hold trilateral meeting
Speaking to reporters on Monday, Ansari said the implementation of the agreements reached in Tehran between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Iran will give impetus not only to the development of relations between the two countries, but also to the strengthening of relations with other neighboring countries.
According to the spokesperson, President Ilham Aliyev’s visit to Tehran will have a significant impact on the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Iran, the two friendly and brotherly countries.
Asked about the possible visa cancellation by Azerbaijan for Iranian citizens, Ansari said that the Azerbaijani side doesn’t have such an idea yet. “We will provide any new information in this regard,” he added.
With regard to the Syrian crisis, he said some terrorist groups continue violating the ceasefire that came into effect in Syria at midnight on February 27.
“The [ceasefire violation] is consistent with the interests of some terrorist groups. We demand the countries having a role in Syria to support the implementation of the ceasefire agreement,” Ansari stressed.
Asked about Iran’s military involvement in Syria and Iraq, the spokesperson said Iran is constantly holding consultations with the two countries and steps are being taken at the request of the governments of these countries.
The continuation of these consultations depends on the state of the conflicts and the willingness of both Syria and Iraq, Ansari concluded.
Related news releases
- 23.08.2016Hikmet Hajiyev: Armenia’s continuing occupation is a major obstacle to settling conflict
- 23.08.2016Azerbaijan sends invitation to PACE for observing referendum
- 23.08.2016Turkic Council secretary general: Member countries back Azerbaijan’s stance on Karabakh
- 22.08.2016Elmar Mammadyarov sends condolences to Turkish counterpart
- 19.08.2016Korea seeks to broaden cooperation with Azerbaijan: ambassador
- 19.08.2016Minister: Despite long geographical distance, Korea and Azerbaijan have a lot in common
- 18.08.2016Zakharova: Russia does not take national approach to arrest in Baku of Russian citizen Marat Ueldanov
- 18.08.2016Date of Eastern Partnership Foreign Ministers' meeting known
- 17.08.2016U.S. and UK concerned about arrest of Natig Jafarli - UPDATED
- 17.08.2016Baku holds receipt over Indonesia Independence Day
- 17.08.2016Iranian health minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.08.2016Kazakh president to visit Azerbaijan
- 16.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Belgian ambassador
- 16.08.2016Azerbaijan is largest investor in Georgia in 2015
- 15.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming German ambassador
- 14.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian Defence Minister
- 12.08.2016U.S. Embassy in Baku welcomes new deputy chief of mission William R. Gill
- 12.08.2016Azerbaijan closely participated in repairing Russia-Turkey relations – ambassador
- 12.08.2016Tourist flow to Turkey not affected by declaration of state of emergency
- 11.08.2016Azerbaijan begins applying new duties for tourist visas
- 11.08.2016Azerbaijani president receives US Congress representative - UPDATED
- 11.08.2016Azerbaijani President receives EU Special Representative
- 11.08.2016Ambassador: Ankara is trying to establish a dialogue with sides for settlement of the Karabakh conflict
- 11.08.2016Putin: Azerbaijan is able to buy weapons anywhere
- 10.08.2016Azerbaijan gives Turkey 100,000 dollars for treatment of people wounded in coup attempt
- 10.08.2016Allahshukur Pashazade: We will continue fight against FETO
- 09.08.2016Erdogan: Turkey, Azerbaijan, Russia may create trilateral format
- 09.08.2016Turkish consulate general: As in other issues, Azerbaijan stands with us in fight against FETO
- 09.08.2016Azerbaijani president offers condolences to his Pakistani counterpart
- 09.08.2016German MP: Bundestag supports Azerbaijan’s position on Karabakh and 4 UN resolutions
- 09.08.2016Azerbaijani FM addresses letter condolences to his Pakistani counterpart
- 09.08.2016Russian political analyst: Azerbaijan transforms from ring in Moscow-Ankara chain into serious political regional player
- 09.08.2016Russian President ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 08.08.2016Iranian President ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 08.08.2016Sergei Lavrov: "It is important to join efforts in the fight against terrorism"
- 08.08.2016Azerbaijani FM: "Unresolved conflicts impede realization of “North-South” corridor"
- 08.08.2016Next meeting of Azerbaijani, Russian and Iranian Presidents to be held in Iran
- 08.08.2016Trilateral summit of Azerbaijani, Russian and Iranian Presidents ends; Presidents sign joint decleration - UPDATED
- 08.08.2016Russian, Iranian presidents meet in Baku
- 08.08.2016Putin: Russia, Azerbaijan, Iran could discuss new Caspian projects
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president receives Turkish energy and natural resources minister
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president: Southern Gas Corridor – energy security project
- 29.02.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives Georgian deputy PM
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president attends Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council meeting
- 29.02.2016PACE president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 29.02.2016US State of Georgia issues next statement recognizing Khojaly massacre