Azerbaijani, Iranian and Russian FMs to hold trilateral meeting
Speaking to reporters on Monday, Ansari said the implementation of the agreements reached in Tehran between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Iran will give impetus not only to the development of relations between the two countries, but also to the strengthening of relations with other neighboring countries.
According to the spokesperson, President Ilham Aliyev’s visit to Tehran will have a significant impact on the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Iran, the two friendly and brotherly countries.
Asked about the possible visa cancellation by Azerbaijan for Iranian citizens, Ansari said that the Azerbaijani side doesn’t have such an idea yet. “We will provide any new information in this regard,” he added.
With regard to the Syrian crisis, he said some terrorist groups continue violating the ceasefire that came into effect in Syria at midnight on February 27.
“The [ceasefire violation] is consistent with the interests of some terrorist groups. We demand the countries having a role in Syria to support the implementation of the ceasefire agreement,” Ansari stressed.
Asked about Iran’s military involvement in Syria and Iraq, the spokesperson said Iran is constantly holding consultations with the two countries and steps are being taken at the request of the governments of these countries.
The continuation of these consultations depends on the state of the conflicts and the willingness of both Syria and Iraq, Ansari concluded.
Related news releases
- 25.07.2016Sberbank analyst sees no Fed rate hike in July
- 25.07.2016Azerbaijan’s Central Bank raises nearly 50M manats at auction
- 25.07.2016Azerbaijan’s Kapital Bank announces new appointment
- 25.07.2016Turkey receives strong support from Azerbaijan immediately after failed coup – FM
- 25.07.2016Azerbaijani, Turkish, Turkmen presidents to meet for European gas
- 23.07.2016Azerbaijani president extends condolences to German counterpart
- 23.07.2016President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Chancellor Angela Merkel
- 23.07.2016No Azerbaijanis among Munich shooting victims - Foreign Ministry
- 23.07.2016Azerbaijan strongly condemns coup d’etat attempt in Turkey
- 21.07.2016Azerbaijani, Russian Deputy FMs hold phone conversation
- 21.07.2016Turkey continues fight against FETO followers within and beyond – ambassador
- 21.07.2016Azerbaijani president receives Italian minister of education
- 21.07.2016Next meeting of Azerbajiani, Armenian presidents expected in August
- 20.07.2016Ankara seeks new meeting of Turkish, Azerbaijani, Georgian presidents
- 18.07.2016Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold phone conversation
- 18.07.2016Azerbaijan’s finance minister signs condolence book at French embassy
- 18.07.2016France not to give fight against terrorism – ambassador
- 18.07.2016SOFAZ’s revenues hit 4B manats in Q2 2016
- 16.07.2016Azerbaijan’s political parties comment on Turkey coup attempt
- 16.07.2016President Aliyev: Coup attempt in Turkey – crime against country’s people
- 16.07.2016Azerbaijan always stands by Turkey – FM
- 16.07.2016No Azerbaijanis among Turkey coup attempt victims – embassy
- 16.07.2016Azerbaijan strongly condemns Turkey coup attempt – top official
- 16.07.2016Azerbaijan’s diplomatic missions in Turkey working in strengthened mode – Foreign Ministry
- 16.07.2016Azerbaijan seriously concerned about events in Turkey
- 16.07.2016Turkish embassy in Azerbaijan issues statement on coup attempt
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijani president receives delegation of Swiss Confederation
- 15.07.2016Flag at half-mast at French Embassy in Baku after Nice attack
- 15.07.2016President Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue standing by each other
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs holding meeting in Baku
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijani president offers condolences to French counterpart
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijan strongly condemns Nice terrorist attack
- 15.07.2016Turkish FM arrives in Azerbaijan
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijan checking presence of its citizens among Nice terrorist attack victims
- 14.07.2016President Ilham Aliyev hosted dinner reception in honor of Ukrainian President
- 14.07.2016Ukrainian president, Azerbaijani PM meet in Baku
- 14.07.2016Azerbaijan offers Ukraine to take advantage of its transport corridors
- 14.07.2016Azerbaijan sees 30% rise in budget transfers through customs authorities
- 14.07.2016Azerbaijan, Ukraine to seek bilateral trade growth
- 14.07.2016Poroshenko: Ukraine doesn’t recognize Nagorno-Karabakh and welcomes Azerbaijan’s stance on Crimea
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president receives Turkish energy and natural resources minister
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president: Southern Gas Corridor – energy security project
- 29.02.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives Georgian deputy PM
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president attends Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council meeting
- 29.02.2016PACE president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 29.02.2016US State of Georgia issues next statement recognizing Khojaly massacre