Azerbaijani, Iranian and Russian FMs to hold trilateral meeting
Speaking to reporters on Monday, Ansari said the implementation of the agreements reached in Tehran between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Iran will give impetus not only to the development of relations between the two countries, but also to the strengthening of relations with other neighboring countries.
According to the spokesperson, President Ilham Aliyev’s visit to Tehran will have a significant impact on the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Iran, the two friendly and brotherly countries.
Asked about the possible visa cancellation by Azerbaijan for Iranian citizens, Ansari said that the Azerbaijani side doesn’t have such an idea yet. “We will provide any new information in this regard,” he added.
With regard to the Syrian crisis, he said some terrorist groups continue violating the ceasefire that came into effect in Syria at midnight on February 27.
“The [ceasefire violation] is consistent with the interests of some terrorist groups. We demand the countries having a role in Syria to support the implementation of the ceasefire agreement,” Ansari stressed.
Asked about Iran’s military involvement in Syria and Iraq, the spokesperson said Iran is constantly holding consultations with the two countries and steps are being taken at the request of the governments of these countries.
The continuation of these consultations depends on the state of the conflicts and the willingness of both Syria and Iraq, Ansari concluded.
Related news releases
- 28.04.2017Baku comments on Zakharova’s statement on Azerbaijani journalists
- 28.04.2017Secretary General Sawicki’s secret intelligence service in PACE - ARTICLE
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan says Turkey referendum is sign of people’s confidence in leadership
- 28.04.2017NATO allocates 100,000 euro for clearance of unexploded ordnance in Jeyranchel
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest outside Council of Europe headquarters
- 27.04.2017Italian ambassador to Azerbaijan to end his tenure this summer
- 27.04.2017Lithuanian MPs adopt statement condemning Khojaly Genocide
- 26.04.2017France says supports signing of new Azerbaijan-EU agreement
- 26.04.2017Ambassador: No facts confirming Azerbaijani companies’ participation in Yalta economic forum - UPDATED
- 26.04.2017EU says Baku talks on new agreement with Azerbaijan were ‘productive’
- 26.04.2017General: Turkey always stands by Azerbaijan
- 26.04.2017Novruz Mammadov accuses US politician of spreading false information
- 26.04.2017Metsamor – the only nuclear plant based on Chernobyl technology: Azerbaijani MFA
- 25.04.2017Samad Seyidov: Future of Council of Europe is under question
- 25.04.2017Bazhanov: Russia intends to strengthen relations with post-Soviet countries, including Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijan provides humanitarian aid to Yemen
- 25.04.2017PACE holds hearing on Agramunt’s recent visit to Syria
- 25.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of new Japanese ambassador - UPDATED
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani Delegation to PACE opposes call to reopen monitoring procedure in respect of Turkey
- 25.04.2017Trump cuts financial aid to Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2017BSEC committee meeting underway in Baku - UPDATED
- 25.04.2017Candidates for post of UNESCO Director-General to be interviewed
- 24.04.2017Russian Foreign Ministry responds to request on measures to protect Russian citizen Dilgam Asgarov
- 24.04.2017CoE Committee of Ministers urges Armenia, Azerbaijan to avoid further escalation
- 24.04.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Dubai tourism exhibition
- 24.04.2017Hamid Aboutalebi: Iran-Azerbaijan ties to develop further
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for Lithuania
- 22.04.2017Moroccan FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 22.04.2017Delegation of Azerbaijani parliament to attend PACE spring session
- 22.04.2017Azerbaijani president receives former Austrian president
- 21.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives FIDE president - UPDATED
- 21.04.2017Ukrainian police take control of hijacking of Azerbaijani trucks – embassy
- 20.04.2017Top official: Azerbaijan has become leader in South Caucasus
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia hold consultations on state border delimitation
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan gets status of guest at OECD Development Assistance Committee
- 19.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Talks on new EU-Azerbaijan agreement – important step to develop bilateral cooperation - UPDATED
- 18.04.2017Mard: EU looking forward to next round of talks with Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2017Ilham Aliyev receives former Bulgarian president Plevneliev
- 18.04.2017EU has implemented 70 civil society projects in Azerbaijan since 2007
- 18.04.2017Malta supports signing of EU-Azerbaijan strategic partnership agreement – PM
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president receives Turkish energy and natural resources minister
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president: Southern Gas Corridor – energy security project
- 29.02.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives Georgian deputy PM
- 29.02.2016Azerbaijani president attends Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council meeting
- 29.02.2016PACE president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 29.02.2016US State of Georgia issues next statement recognizing Khojaly massacre