Azerbaijani, French FMs mull Karabakh separatists’ illegal visits to EU countries
Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov on Sunday received the delegation headed by Jean-Yves Le Drian, Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of the Republic of France who is on official visit to Azerbaijan.
Expressing his satisfaction with visiting Azerbaijan, the French minister mentioned that he was received by President Ilham Aliyev and during the meeting very fruitful discussions were held, the Foreign Ministry told APA.
The French foreign minister congratulated the Government and people of Azerbaijan on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic, proclaimed on May 28, 1918.
Expressing their satisfaction with the development of bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and France, the sides underlined the importance of high-level meetings in further deepening of relations. The ministers appreciated the activity of inter-parliamentary friendship groups in the further development of cooperation ties between the two countries.
The ministers noted the great potential for the development of economic cooperation between the two countries and emphasized the importance of promoting mutual investment between the business communities of Azerbaijan and France and expanding cooperation between relevant agencies operating in this direction. The sides also stressed the necessity of participation of French companies and establishing joint production enterprises industrial parks and industrial sites based on Azerbaijan's specially privileged zones.
Minister Mammadyarov informed his French counterpart about the important energy, transport and infrastructure projects implemented by the initiative and direct participation of Azerbaijan and said that the realization of these projects serves to the stability and development in the region. He expressed his hope that these projects will serve to increase trade turnover and people to people relations among the countries of the region and the European Union.
The sides touched upon issues of cooperation between Azerbaijan and the European Union, and France's support for the development of Azerbaijan's relations with the European Union was highly appreciated.
Minister Mammadyarov noted that he met with the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs in Paris on May 15 and stressed that in order to achieve progress in the settlement of the conflict the fact of the military occupation of the Azerbaijani territories by Armenia should be ceased and in accordance with the demands of the relevant UN Security Council resolutions the troops of Armenian should be withdrawn from the occupied territories unconditionally and immediately and the return of internally displaced persons to their native lands should be ensured. Elmar Mammadyarov reiterated that attempts to change the internationally recognized borders of states by using force are unacceptable.
Referring to the illegal actions taken by Armenia in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan and entry of the representatives of illegal regime into territories of the European Union countries, Mammadyarov pointed out the importance of preventing such illegal acts as an integral part of the settlement of conflict through negotiations.
Furthermore, during the meeting the issues of cooperation in science, education, agriculture, tourism and other areas were discussed. Also, the measures taken to promote and teach the French language in Azerbaijan were appreciated.
After the meeting, the ministers held a joint press conference.
Related news releases
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 08.06.2018Gambia supports Azerbaijan’s position on Karabakh conflict settlement – FM
- 08.06.2018FM: Gambian president resolutely condemns occupation of Azerbaijani lands by Armenia - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan arrives in Baku
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijan's FM leaves for US
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives UK Prime Minister's Trade Envoy to Azerbaijan
- 29.05.2018Importance of US-Azerbaijan strategic relations stressed in Congress
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijan asks France for support in talks on new deal with EU
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijan, France to establish joint commission to boost ties
- 27.05.2018France’s Macron expected to visit Azerbaijan in late 2018