Azerbaijani foreign ministry: Event on separatist regime in Nagorno-Karabakh cancelled in Brussels
Baku – APA. Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the Kingdom of Belgium and Azerbaijani Parliament took necessary measures to prevent provocative events intended to be held in Brussels on November 16-19, 2016 in order to promote the so-called regime established by Armenia in occupied territories of Azerbaijan. Azerbaijani Diaspora organizations operating in Belgium were also involved in these measures.
Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry spokesman Hikmat Hajiyev told APA that Belgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, federal and regional legislative bodies and other relevant institutions were informed about Azerbaijan’s concerns over the attempts of choosing Brussels as a center for the promotion of illegal regime.
“Though, the European Armenian Federation and other Armenian sources widely promoted the visit of Bako Sahakyan, who introduces himself as a “leader” of the so-called regime, to Brussels in connection with these events, this visit was cancelled as a result of purposeful measures,” said Hajiyev.
He noted that the meeting organized by MEP Frank Engel, who serves Armenia and the Armenian lobby, in the European Parliament, as well as reception on the occasion of “the 25th anniversary of independence of Nagorno Karabakh”, planned to be held in “Hay Daun” Armenian center in the presence of Bako Sahakyan on November 19 were also canceled.
Hajiyev said the letters of protest were sent to 'Palais des Beaux Arts' Palace and "Tour & Taxi" center in Brussels, regarding the photography exhibition and concert distorting history and culture of Azerbaijan's Nagorno-Karabakh region. “In respond, management of these companies expressed their respect to Azerbaijan's arguments, said they were unaware of the nature of these events and noted that they didn’t sell ticket for the events that were not open to the public, but their places were only rented under commercial terms. According to received information, only about 100 people, mainly the Armenians living in Belgium, attended the events on special invitation,” he added.
He stressed that official Yerevan, lobbying organization - European Armenian Federation and Armenian media prefer to remain silent following this failure despite widespread promotion.
“A large amount of money is collected from deceived members of the Armenian Diaspora for such events organized under "lobby diplomacy" of Armenia and the Armenian organizations in Europe. Then this money is given to Armenian authorities, Bako Sahakyan, officials of the European Armenian Federation and some European politicians serving the Armenian lobby,” he said.
Hajiyev added that instead of deceiving the international community and Armenian people through such meaningless and provocative acts, Armenia must cease its destructive policy, withdraw its troops from the occupied Azerbaijani territories, take part in the resolution of the conflict and establishment of durable peace in the region through substantive negotiations.
Related news releases
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Macron on France’s World Cup victory
- 16.07.2018Tehran condemns terror attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 16.07.2018Traitors try to commit terrorist acts in Azerbaijan under guise of religion – Turkish envoy
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani official: Impossible to defeat national will
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 12.07.2018President Aliyev meets UN under-secretary-general
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends meeting on NATO mission in Afghanistan
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended reception hosted for leaders of NATO allies and partner nations
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani, Afghan presidents meet in Brussels
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan commends reiterated continuous support by EU to its territorial integrity
- 11.07.2018Aktau to host summit of Caspian states in early August
- 11.07.2018Document on Azerbaijan-EU partnership priorities initialed
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan to promote real regional co-op during BSEC chairmanship: Foreign Ministry
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan, EU expected to initial document new partnership priorities
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan’s successes seriously disturb some foreign circles – MFA
- 10.07.2018President of Azerbaijan pays a visit to Belgium
- 10.07.2018Turkish president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: TANAP is a ‘strategic investment’ made in Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood
- 10.07.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey relations stand at highest level
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold expanded meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood will continue to grow stronger
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Turkish president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plans to implement large number of industrial and infrastructure projects - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018Baku: EU-Azerbaijan ties to develop despite position of some forces in European Parliament
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani PM to attend Erdogan’s inauguration
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan intends to raise co-op with SCO to higher level – Mammadyarov
- 07.07.2018OSCE PA’s 27th annual session begins
- 06.07.2018Ramazan Abdulatipov: Caspian ‘on the brink of disaster’
- 05.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan is becoming important East-West and North-South transport corridor - UPDATED
- 21.11.2016Erdogan’s chief advisor: Armenia shamelessly continues occupation of Azerbaijani lands
- 21.11.2016Erdogan’s chief advisor: Russia will win a lot if it stops supporting occupant Armenia
- 21.11.2016EU, Azerbaijan creating delegations for talks on new partnership deal
- 18.11.2016Ilham Aliyev: Donald Trump deserves great respect
- 18.11.2016Ilham Aliyev receives head of Russian State Duma Committee
- 18.11.2016US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State due in Azerbaijan