Azerbaijani foreign ministry: Event on separatist regime in Nagorno-Karabakh cancelled in Brussels
Baku – APA. Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the Kingdom of Belgium and Azerbaijani Parliament took necessary measures to prevent provocative events intended to be held in Brussels on November 16-19, 2016 in order to promote the so-called regime established by Armenia in occupied territories of Azerbaijan. Azerbaijani Diaspora organizations operating in Belgium were also involved in these measures.
Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry spokesman Hikmat Hajiyev told APA that Belgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, federal and regional legislative bodies and other relevant institutions were informed about Azerbaijan’s concerns over the attempts of choosing Brussels as a center for the promotion of illegal regime.
“Though, the European Armenian Federation and other Armenian sources widely promoted the visit of Bako Sahakyan, who introduces himself as a “leader” of the so-called regime, to Brussels in connection with these events, this visit was cancelled as a result of purposeful measures,” said Hajiyev.
He noted that the meeting organized by MEP Frank Engel, who serves Armenia and the Armenian lobby, in the European Parliament, as well as reception on the occasion of “the 25th anniversary of independence of Nagorno Karabakh”, planned to be held in “Hay Daun” Armenian center in the presence of Bako Sahakyan on November 19 were also canceled.
Hajiyev said the letters of protest were sent to 'Palais des Beaux Arts' Palace and "Tour & Taxi" center in Brussels, regarding the photography exhibition and concert distorting history and culture of Azerbaijan's Nagorno-Karabakh region. “In respond, management of these companies expressed their respect to Azerbaijan's arguments, said they were unaware of the nature of these events and noted that they didn’t sell ticket for the events that were not open to the public, but their places were only rented under commercial terms. According to received information, only about 100 people, mainly the Armenians living in Belgium, attended the events on special invitation,” he added.
He stressed that official Yerevan, lobbying organization - European Armenian Federation and Armenian media prefer to remain silent following this failure despite widespread promotion.
“A large amount of money is collected from deceived members of the Armenian Diaspora for such events organized under "lobby diplomacy" of Armenia and the Armenian organizations in Europe. Then this money is given to Armenian authorities, Bako Sahakyan, officials of the European Armenian Federation and some European politicians serving the Armenian lobby,” he said.
Hajiyev added that instead of deceiving the international community and Armenian people through such meaningless and provocative acts, Armenia must cease its destructive policy, withdraw its troops from the occupied Azerbaijani territories, take part in the resolution of the conflict and establishment of durable peace in the region through substantive negotiations.
Related news releases
- 16.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Kazakh leader
- 15.12.2017Qatar National Day marked in Baku
- 14.12.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017Bahar Muradova: Europe tends to react only when itself faced with threat
- 13.12.2017Ambassador: Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 13.12.2017‘Jerusalem has not been abandoned,’ Erdogan says
- 13.12.2017OIC member states recognize E. Jerusalem as Palestine’s capital
- 13.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: U.S. should reconsider its decision on Jerusalem
- 13.12.2017U.S. provides over $30.8 million for mine and UXO clearance in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Mahmoud Abbas rules out U.S. mediator role in Palestine-Israel peace process
- 13.12.2017Turkey’s Erdogan calls for recognition of Jerusalem as ‘occupied capital of Palestine’
- 13.12.2017Erdogan calls Israel an ‘occupying and terror state’
- 13.12.2017OIC summit on Jerusalem kicks off in Istanbul
- 13.12.2017OIC FMs meet in Istanbul to discuss Jerusalem issue
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Turkey
- 12.12.2017Iran’s Rouhani to visit Azerbaijan next year
- 12.12.2017ECHR: Armenia has to pay for damage to Azerbaijani IDPs
- 12.12.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues statement on al-Quds
- 12.12.2017Kazakh President Nazarbayev to propose date for Caspian summit
- 12.12.2017Deputy FM says he doesn’t believe in Azerbaijan’s accession to WTO in coming years
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan says issues on aviation agreement with EU can be resolved in early 2018
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia to continue negotiations on border delimitation early next year
- 12.12.2017Caspian states to sign separate agreement on water surface division
- 12.12.2017No middle line or any common principle for division of Caspian seabed: Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 12.12.2017Talks on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement may end by late 2018 – deputy FM
- 11.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian State Duma delegation
- 09.12.2017Erdogan invites Ilham Aliyev to attend OIC summit on Jerusalem issue
- 08.12.2017President Aliyev appoints Azerbaijan’s honorary consul to Djibouti
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Croatia
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Tajikistan
- 08.12.2017Russia never requested Azerbaijan for agrément for Georgy Zuev - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov attends the meeting of the GUAM Council of MFA
- 07.12.2017“ASAN Service” is a huge revolution in field of public services – Azerbaijani president
- 07.12.2017Israeli Embassy in Baku reacts to protests over Trump’s Jerusalem declaration
- 07.12.2017UK minister of state for trade to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijani public concerned over unfair attitude of certain circles in West and Europe
- 07.12.2017Lavrov: Russia will contribute to search for mutually acceptable solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Guba district
- 21.11.2016Erdogan’s chief advisor: Armenia shamelessly continues occupation of Azerbaijani lands
- 21.11.2016Erdogan’s chief advisor: Russia will win a lot if it stops supporting occupant Armenia
- 21.11.2016EU, Azerbaijan creating delegations for talks on new partnership deal
- 18.11.2016Ilham Aliyev: Donald Trump deserves great respect
- 18.11.2016Ilham Aliyev receives head of Russian State Duma Committee
- 18.11.2016US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State due in Azerbaijan