Azerbaijani foreign ministry: Event on separatist regime in Nagorno-Karabakh cancelled in Brussels
Baku – APA. Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the Kingdom of Belgium and Azerbaijani Parliament took necessary measures to prevent provocative events intended to be held in Brussels on November 16-19, 2016 in order to promote the so-called regime established by Armenia in occupied territories of Azerbaijan. Azerbaijani Diaspora organizations operating in Belgium were also involved in these measures.
Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry spokesman Hikmat Hajiyev told APA that Belgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, federal and regional legislative bodies and other relevant institutions were informed about Azerbaijan’s concerns over the attempts of choosing Brussels as a center for the promotion of illegal regime.
“Though, the European Armenian Federation and other Armenian sources widely promoted the visit of Bako Sahakyan, who introduces himself as a “leader” of the so-called regime, to Brussels in connection with these events, this visit was cancelled as a result of purposeful measures,” said Hajiyev.
He noted that the meeting organized by MEP Frank Engel, who serves Armenia and the Armenian lobby, in the European Parliament, as well as reception on the occasion of “the 25th anniversary of independence of Nagorno Karabakh”, planned to be held in “Hay Daun” Armenian center in the presence of Bako Sahakyan on November 19 were also canceled.
Hajiyev said the letters of protest were sent to 'Palais des Beaux Arts' Palace and "Tour & Taxi" center in Brussels, regarding the photography exhibition and concert distorting history and culture of Azerbaijan's Nagorno-Karabakh region. “In respond, management of these companies expressed their respect to Azerbaijan's arguments, said they were unaware of the nature of these events and noted that they didn’t sell ticket for the events that were not open to the public, but their places were only rented under commercial terms. According to received information, only about 100 people, mainly the Armenians living in Belgium, attended the events on special invitation,” he added.
He stressed that official Yerevan, lobbying organization - European Armenian Federation and Armenian media prefer to remain silent following this failure despite widespread promotion.
“A large amount of money is collected from deceived members of the Armenian Diaspora for such events organized under "lobby diplomacy" of Armenia and the Armenian organizations in Europe. Then this money is given to Armenian authorities, Bako Sahakyan, officials of the European Armenian Federation and some European politicians serving the Armenian lobby,” he said.
Hajiyev added that instead of deceiving the international community and Armenian people through such meaningless and provocative acts, Armenia must cease its destructive policy, withdraw its troops from the occupied Azerbaijani territories, take part in the resolution of the conflict and establishment of durable peace in the region through substantive negotiations.
Related news releases
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $.13 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani heroes
- 13.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria is a very important partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet in Geneva on Oct. 16
- 13.10.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan, Bulgaria make press statements
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Bulgarian presidents meet in Baku
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president officially welcomed in Baku
- 12.10.2017Bulgarian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Bulgarian president to visit Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Iran's economy minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Date of Tehran meeting of Azerbaijani, Russian, Iranian presidents revealed
- 12.10.2017Official of U.S. Department of Defense arrives in Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Preparation for Tehran meeting of Azerbaijani, Iranian, Russian presidents underway
- 12.10.2017Erdogan to visit Azerbaijan on Oct. 30 – envoy
- 12.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: Who needs PACE and what for?
- 11.10.2017PACE's adoption of such tendentious documents make Azerbaijan reconsider its relations with CoE: Ali Hasanov
- 11.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King of Spain
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijani president addresses CIS summit
- 11.10.2017Samad Seyidov: Resolutions on Azerbaijan adopted today bring shame upon PACE
- 11.10.2017CIS summit kicks off in Sochi
- 11.10.2017PACE adopts two resolutions on reports related to Azerbaijan - UPDATED-1
- 11.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov accuses Council of Europe of biased attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijani president in Sochi for CIS summit
- 10.10.2017Candidate for the post of UNESCO Director General Polad Bulbuloglu left the election race
- 10.10.2017Stella Kyriakides elected new PACE President
- 21.11.2016Erdogan’s chief advisor: Armenia shamelessly continues occupation of Azerbaijani lands
- 21.11.2016Erdogan’s chief advisor: Russia will win a lot if it stops supporting occupant Armenia
- 21.11.2016EU, Azerbaijan creating delegations for talks on new partnership deal
- 18.11.2016Ilham Aliyev: Donald Trump deserves great respect
- 18.11.2016Ilham Aliyev receives head of Russian State Duma Committee
- 18.11.2016US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State due in Azerbaijan