Azerbaijani FM meets with U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State
On February 6, Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov received the delegation headed by Bridget A. Brink, the U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs.
Bridget Brink noted her audience with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, underlining that very fruitful discussions took place at the meeting.
Highlighting the necessity of reinforcing the political dialogue on strategic partnership between the two countries, Bridget Brink said that the U.S. attaches importance to the relations with Azerbaijan and noted the necessity of further development of current bilateral cooperation.
The U.S. official reiterated that the contributions of Azerbaijan to the peacekeeping operations in Afghanistan in the framework of the fight against terrorism are highly appreciated.
Mammadyarov noted that Azerbaijan is also interested in further development of the relations with the U.S.
Speaking about the fundamental economic reforms conducted in Azerbaijan, Minister Mammadyarov underlined the importance of redoubling joint efforts for the development of economic relations and active involvement of US companies in the non-oil sector of Azerbaijan.
Briefing about the negotiation process on resolution of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Mammadyarov underlined the importance of strengthening the efforts by the U.S. along with other OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs for the fair and just settlement of conflict based on the UN Security Council resolutions. The minister said that the attempts to alter the internationally recognized borders of states by use of force are unacceptable.
At the meeting, the sides discussed the energy and transport projects realized by the initiative of Azerbaijan, especially Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway and Southern Gas Corridor.
Furthermore the sides exchanged views on issues of mutual interest.
- 24.05.2018Consultations held in Astana concerning Caspian legal status
- 24.05.2018Chinese president: Azerbaijan’s int’l status and influence growing day after day
- 24.05.2018Putin: Azerbaijan has massive influence in int’l arena
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani president pardons 634 people - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 21.05.2018Serbia’s Vucic officially welcomed in Baku
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Significant work done towards rapid reduction of unemployment - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Serbian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Legal status of Caspian Sea to be discussed in Astana on May 21-24
- 19.05.2018Poroshenko signs decree on recalling Ukraine’s representatives from CIS statutory bodies
- 19.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan remains ready to contribute to the just solution of the Palestinian issue"
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President meets with UNESCO Director General in Paris
- 18.05.2018Mehriban Aliyev attends conference on 80th birthday of Koïchiro Matsuura in Paris
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani, Kyrgyz presidents hold phone talk
- 18.05.2018Baku to convey serious protest to Russian Foreign Ministry
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Saudi Arabia
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijan names new consul general in Dubai
- 07.02.2018Baku: Swiss National Council president justifies Armenia’s aggression against Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2018State Dept. official: U.S highly appreciates Azerbaijan's contribution to security cooperation - UPDATED
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives WB regional director for South Caucasus - UPDATED
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Gabala selected as Islamic Tourism Capital for 2020