Azerbaijani FM meets with U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State
On February 6, Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov received the delegation headed by Bridget A. Brink, the U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs.
Bridget Brink noted her audience with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, underlining that very fruitful discussions took place at the meeting.
Highlighting the necessity of reinforcing the political dialogue on strategic partnership between the two countries, Bridget Brink said that the U.S. attaches importance to the relations with Azerbaijan and noted the necessity of further development of current bilateral cooperation.
The U.S. official reiterated that the contributions of Azerbaijan to the peacekeeping operations in Afghanistan in the framework of the fight against terrorism are highly appreciated.
Mammadyarov noted that Azerbaijan is also interested in further development of the relations with the U.S.
Speaking about the fundamental economic reforms conducted in Azerbaijan, Minister Mammadyarov underlined the importance of redoubling joint efforts for the development of economic relations and active involvement of US companies in the non-oil sector of Azerbaijan.
Briefing about the negotiation process on resolution of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Mammadyarov underlined the importance of strengthening the efforts by the U.S. along with other OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs for the fair and just settlement of conflict based on the UN Security Council resolutions. The minister said that the attempts to alter the internationally recognized borders of states by use of force are unacceptable.
At the meeting, the sides discussed the energy and transport projects realized by the initiative of Azerbaijan, especially Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway and Southern Gas Corridor.
Furthermore the sides exchanged views on issues of mutual interest.
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan one of most active members of PACE – CoE Baku Office
- 14.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, EU have some divergent views on issues of trade, tariffs and subsidies
- 14.02.2018FM: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to development of strategic partnership with Russia
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives British PM's trade envoy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Argentinean musician from ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives US delegation
- 14.02.2018British PM's trade envoy arrives in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan invites PACE to observe presidential election
- 13.02.2018Milan court acquits Luca Volontè accused of political corruption linked to Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Formula 1 Group CEO
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitation to ODIHR for observation of presidential election
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM meets with delegation of Holy See
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Russian counterpart
- 10.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Iranian counterpart
- 10.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Holy See - UPDATED
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani Ambassador to Estonia met with Vice-Mayor of Tallinn
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan, EU agree to create mechanism for dialogue on security and energy issues
- 09.02.2018EU’s Mogherini reiterates importance of respect for fundamental freedoms, human rights
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan says 2017 proved to be productive for advancement of co-op with EU
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Saudi Arabia
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijan names new consul general in Dubai
- 07.02.2018Baku: Swiss National Council president justifies Armenia’s aggression against Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2018State Dept. official: U.S highly appreciates Azerbaijan's contribution to security cooperation - UPDATED
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives WB regional director for South Caucasus - UPDATED
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Gabala selected as Islamic Tourism Capital for 2020