Azerbaijani FM meets with first vice-president of Colombia’s National Congress
Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov within the framework of official visit to the Republic of Colombia met with the first vice-president of the National Congress of Colombia Madame Daira de Jesús Gálvis Méndez.
The Chairman of the Azerbaijan-Colombia Parliamentary Friendship Group Senator Teresita García Romero and other members of the group also attended the meeting, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
Mammadyarov mentioned the importance of parliamentary diplomacy in the development of Azerbaijan-Colombia relations. The minister thanked the National Congress of Colombia for the consistent support, which based on principles of international law, namely sovereignty, territorial integrity and inviolability of borders of States, to fair stance of Azerbaijan in the settlement of conflict.
Senators with great pleasure recalled the visit to Azerbaijan, meetings with First Vice-President of Azerbaijan Mrs. Mehriban Aliyeva, Foreign Minister and the members of the Parliament on the sidelines of the V International Humanitarian Forum held in Baku on 29-30 September 2016.
Mammadyarov congratulated the people of Columbia for the signed Peace Agreement which put an end to long-lasting conflict in the country and hoped that the Peace Accord would bring lots of opportunities for sustainable development of the country.
During the meeting document adopted by the Senate on the 25th anniversary of Khojaly Genocide under the signature of the First Vice-President of the National Congress of Colombia, President of Foreign Relations and National Defense Committee and other senators was presented to Minister Mammadyarov.
The minister expressed his appreciation for the documents adopted by the Senate of Colombia, namely resolution on “Illegal occupation of the territories of the Republic of Azerbaijan” and document on the 25th anniversary of Khojaly Genocide.
Mamadyarov briefed the Senate members about his official visit to Columbia and the fruitful meetings he had with the Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos Calderón, Foreign Minister Maria Angela Holguin, and the business communities. He added that there are favorable opportunities for further development of economic-trade relations between the two countries.
At the meeting the sides also exchanged views on other issues of mutual interest.
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Macron on France’s World Cup victory
- 16.07.2018Tehran condemns terror attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 16.07.2018Traitors try to commit terrorist acts in Azerbaijan under guise of religion – Turkish envoy
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani official: Impossible to defeat national will
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 12.07.2018President Aliyev meets UN under-secretary-general
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends meeting on NATO mission in Afghanistan
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended reception hosted for leaders of NATO allies and partner nations
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani, Afghan presidents meet in Brussels
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan commends reiterated continuous support by EU to its territorial integrity
- 11.07.2018Aktau to host summit of Caspian states in early August
- 11.07.2018Document on Azerbaijan-EU partnership priorities initialed
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan to promote real regional co-op during BSEC chairmanship: Foreign Ministry
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan, EU expected to initial document new partnership priorities
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan’s successes seriously disturb some foreign circles – MFA
- 10.07.2018President of Azerbaijan pays a visit to Belgium
- 10.07.2018Turkish president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: TANAP is a ‘strategic investment’ made in Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood
- 10.07.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey relations stand at highest level
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold expanded meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood will continue to grow stronger
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Turkish president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plans to implement large number of industrial and infrastructure projects - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018Baku: EU-Azerbaijan ties to develop despite position of some forces in European Parliament
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani PM to attend Erdogan’s inauguration
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan intends to raise co-op with SCO to higher level – Mammadyarov
- 01.06.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for official visit to Costa Rica
- 01.06.2017Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 02.06.2017Peruvian Congress approves congratulatory document on Azerbaijan Republic Day
- 01.06.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: New page is opening in US-Azerbaijan relations
- 01.06.2017Agenda of PACE special hearing in Baku announced
- 31.05.2017Ambassador: US acting together with Azerbaijan in fight against terrorism