Azerbaijani FM meets with first vice-president of Colombia’s National Congress
Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov within the framework of official visit to the Republic of Colombia met with the first vice-president of the National Congress of Colombia Madame Daira de Jesús Gálvis Méndez.
The Chairman of the Azerbaijan-Colombia Parliamentary Friendship Group Senator Teresita García Romero and other members of the group also attended the meeting, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
Mammadyarov mentioned the importance of parliamentary diplomacy in the development of Azerbaijan-Colombia relations. The minister thanked the National Congress of Colombia for the consistent support, which based on principles of international law, namely sovereignty, territorial integrity and inviolability of borders of States, to fair stance of Azerbaijan in the settlement of conflict.
Senators with great pleasure recalled the visit to Azerbaijan, meetings with First Vice-President of Azerbaijan Mrs. Mehriban Aliyeva, Foreign Minister and the members of the Parliament on the sidelines of the V International Humanitarian Forum held in Baku on 29-30 September 2016.
Mammadyarov congratulated the people of Columbia for the signed Peace Agreement which put an end to long-lasting conflict in the country and hoped that the Peace Accord would bring lots of opportunities for sustainable development of the country.
During the meeting document adopted by the Senate on the 25th anniversary of Khojaly Genocide under the signature of the First Vice-President of the National Congress of Colombia, President of Foreign Relations and National Defense Committee and other senators was presented to Minister Mammadyarov.
The minister expressed his appreciation for the documents adopted by the Senate of Colombia, namely resolution on “Illegal occupation of the territories of the Republic of Azerbaijan” and document on the 25th anniversary of Khojaly Genocide.
Mamadyarov briefed the Senate members about his official visit to Columbia and the fruitful meetings he had with the Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos Calderón, Foreign Minister Maria Angela Holguin, and the business communities. He added that there are favorable opportunities for further development of economic-trade relations between the two countries.
At the meeting the sides also exchanged views on other issues of mutual interest.
- 16.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Kazakh leader
- 15.12.2017Qatar National Day marked in Baku
- 14.12.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017Bahar Muradova: Europe tends to react only when itself faced with threat
- 13.12.2017Ambassador: Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 13.12.2017‘Jerusalem has not been abandoned,’ Erdogan says
- 13.12.2017OIC member states recognize E. Jerusalem as Palestine’s capital
- 13.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: U.S. should reconsider its decision on Jerusalem
- 13.12.2017U.S. provides over $30.8 million for mine and UXO clearance in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Mahmoud Abbas rules out U.S. mediator role in Palestine-Israel peace process
- 13.12.2017Turkey’s Erdogan calls for recognition of Jerusalem as ‘occupied capital of Palestine’
- 13.12.2017Erdogan calls Israel an ‘occupying and terror state’
- 13.12.2017OIC summit on Jerusalem kicks off in Istanbul
- 13.12.2017OIC FMs meet in Istanbul to discuss Jerusalem issue
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Turkey
- 12.12.2017Iran’s Rouhani to visit Azerbaijan next year
- 12.12.2017ECHR: Armenia has to pay for damage to Azerbaijani IDPs
- 12.12.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues statement on al-Quds
- 12.12.2017Kazakh President Nazarbayev to propose date for Caspian summit
- 12.12.2017Deputy FM says he doesn’t believe in Azerbaijan’s accession to WTO in coming years
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan says issues on aviation agreement with EU can be resolved in early 2018
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia to continue negotiations on border delimitation early next year
- 12.12.2017Caspian states to sign separate agreement on water surface division
- 12.12.2017No middle line or any common principle for division of Caspian seabed: Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 12.12.2017Talks on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement may end by late 2018 – deputy FM
- 11.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian State Duma delegation
- 09.12.2017Erdogan invites Ilham Aliyev to attend OIC summit on Jerusalem issue
- 08.12.2017President Aliyev appoints Azerbaijan’s honorary consul to Djibouti
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Croatia
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Tajikistan
- 08.12.2017Russia never requested Azerbaijan for agrément for Georgy Zuev - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov attends the meeting of the GUAM Council of MFA
- 07.12.2017“ASAN Service” is a huge revolution in field of public services – Azerbaijani president
- 07.12.2017Israeli Embassy in Baku reacts to protests over Trump’s Jerusalem declaration
- 07.12.2017UK minister of state for trade to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijani public concerned over unfair attitude of certain circles in West and Europe
- 07.12.2017Lavrov: Russia will contribute to search for mutually acceptable solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Guba district
- 01.06.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for official visit to Costa Rica
- 01.06.2017Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 02.06.2017Peruvian Congress approves congratulatory document on Azerbaijan Republic Day
- 01.06.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: New page is opening in US-Azerbaijan relations
- 01.06.2017Agenda of PACE special hearing in Baku announced
- 31.05.2017Ambassador: US acting together with Azerbaijan in fight against terrorism