Azerbaijani FM meets with first vice-president of Colombia’s National Congress
Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov within the framework of official visit to the Republic of Colombia met with the first vice-president of the National Congress of Colombia Madame Daira de Jesús Gálvis Méndez.
The Chairman of the Azerbaijan-Colombia Parliamentary Friendship Group Senator Teresita García Romero and other members of the group also attended the meeting, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
Mammadyarov mentioned the importance of parliamentary diplomacy in the development of Azerbaijan-Colombia relations. The minister thanked the National Congress of Colombia for the consistent support, which based on principles of international law, namely sovereignty, territorial integrity and inviolability of borders of States, to fair stance of Azerbaijan in the settlement of conflict.
Senators with great pleasure recalled the visit to Azerbaijan, meetings with First Vice-President of Azerbaijan Mrs. Mehriban Aliyeva, Foreign Minister and the members of the Parliament on the sidelines of the V International Humanitarian Forum held in Baku on 29-30 September 2016.
Mammadyarov congratulated the people of Columbia for the signed Peace Agreement which put an end to long-lasting conflict in the country and hoped that the Peace Accord would bring lots of opportunities for sustainable development of the country.
During the meeting document adopted by the Senate on the 25th anniversary of Khojaly Genocide under the signature of the First Vice-President of the National Congress of Colombia, President of Foreign Relations and National Defense Committee and other senators was presented to Minister Mammadyarov.
The minister expressed his appreciation for the documents adopted by the Senate of Colombia, namely resolution on “Illegal occupation of the territories of the Republic of Azerbaijan” and document on the 25th anniversary of Khojaly Genocide.
Mamadyarov briefed the Senate members about his official visit to Columbia and the fruitful meetings he had with the Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos Calderón, Foreign Minister Maria Angela Holguin, and the business communities. He added that there are favorable opportunities for further development of economic-trade relations between the two countries.
At the meeting the sides also exchanged views on other issues of mutual interest.
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $.13 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani heroes
- 13.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria is a very important partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet in Geneva on Oct. 16
- 13.10.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan, Bulgaria make press statements
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Bulgarian presidents meet in Baku
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president officially welcomed in Baku
- 12.10.2017Bulgarian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Bulgarian president to visit Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Iran's economy minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Date of Tehran meeting of Azerbaijani, Russian, Iranian presidents revealed
- 12.10.2017Official of U.S. Department of Defense arrives in Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Preparation for Tehran meeting of Azerbaijani, Iranian, Russian presidents underway
- 12.10.2017Erdogan to visit Azerbaijan on Oct. 30 – envoy
- 12.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: Who needs PACE and what for?
- 11.10.2017PACE's adoption of such tendentious documents make Azerbaijan reconsider its relations with CoE: Ali Hasanov
- 11.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King of Spain
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijani president addresses CIS summit
- 11.10.2017Samad Seyidov: Resolutions on Azerbaijan adopted today bring shame upon PACE
- 11.10.2017CIS summit kicks off in Sochi
- 11.10.2017PACE adopts two resolutions on reports related to Azerbaijan - UPDATED-1
- 11.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov accuses Council of Europe of biased attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijani president in Sochi for CIS summit
- 10.10.2017Candidate for the post of UNESCO Director General Polad Bulbuloglu left the election race
- 10.10.2017Stella Kyriakides elected new PACE President
- 01.06.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for official visit to Costa Rica
- 01.06.2017Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 02.06.2017Peruvian Congress approves congratulatory document on Azerbaijan Republic Day
- 01.06.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: New page is opening in US-Azerbaijan relations
- 01.06.2017Agenda of PACE special hearing in Baku announced
- 31.05.2017Ambassador: US acting together with Azerbaijan in fight against terrorism