Azerbaijani FM meets with first vice-president of Colombia’s National Congress
Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov within the framework of official visit to the Republic of Colombia met with the first vice-president of the National Congress of Colombia Madame Daira de Jesús Gálvis Méndez.
The Chairman of the Azerbaijan-Colombia Parliamentary Friendship Group Senator Teresita García Romero and other members of the group also attended the meeting, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
Mammadyarov mentioned the importance of parliamentary diplomacy in the development of Azerbaijan-Colombia relations. The minister thanked the National Congress of Colombia for the consistent support, which based on principles of international law, namely sovereignty, territorial integrity and inviolability of borders of States, to fair stance of Azerbaijan in the settlement of conflict.
Senators with great pleasure recalled the visit to Azerbaijan, meetings with First Vice-President of Azerbaijan Mrs. Mehriban Aliyeva, Foreign Minister and the members of the Parliament on the sidelines of the V International Humanitarian Forum held in Baku on 29-30 September 2016.
Mammadyarov congratulated the people of Columbia for the signed Peace Agreement which put an end to long-lasting conflict in the country and hoped that the Peace Accord would bring lots of opportunities for sustainable development of the country.
During the meeting document adopted by the Senate on the 25th anniversary of Khojaly Genocide under the signature of the First Vice-President of the National Congress of Colombia, President of Foreign Relations and National Defense Committee and other senators was presented to Minister Mammadyarov.
The minister expressed his appreciation for the documents adopted by the Senate of Colombia, namely resolution on “Illegal occupation of the territories of the Republic of Azerbaijan” and document on the 25th anniversary of Khojaly Genocide.
Mamadyarov briefed the Senate members about his official visit to Columbia and the fruitful meetings he had with the Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos Calderón, Foreign Minister Maria Angela Holguin, and the business communities. He added that there are favorable opportunities for further development of economic-trade relations between the two countries.
At the meeting the sides also exchanged views on other issues of mutual interest.
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 15.03.2018Existing opportunities should be utilized to bridge Asia with Europe, says Georgian FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey says quadrilateral co-op format with Azerbaijan, Iran, Georgia to contribute to peace and stability
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs hail new format of quadrilateral cooperation
- 15.03.2018Baku Declaration adopted at meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs
- 15.03.2018Deputy PM: TAP is an important project for Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 15.03.2018PM Yildirim: Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia take serious steps to ensure regional security
- 01.06.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for official visit to Costa Rica
- 01.06.2017Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 02.06.2017Peruvian Congress approves congratulatory document on Azerbaijan Republic Day
- 01.06.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: New page is opening in US-Azerbaijan relations
- 01.06.2017Agenda of PACE special hearing in Baku announced
- 31.05.2017Ambassador: US acting together with Azerbaijan in fight against terrorism