Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union commissioners
On November 10, Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with the African Union Commissioner for Social Affairs Amira El Fadil and Commissioner for Economic Affairs Victor Harrison as part of his visit to Ethiopia.
At the meeting it was noted that there are broad opportunities for cooperation in political, economic, logistics, science, education, youth policy, sports and educational fields between the African Union and Azerbaijan, the Foreign Ministry told APA.
Noting that number of students from the African continent were studied in Azerbaijan in various disciplines during the period of USSR period, the sides pointed out the importance of continuing cooperation in this area.
The traditions of multiculturalism of Azerbaijan and its contribution to inter-religious and intercultural dialogue and the participation of high-level delegations of the African Union and member states in the humanitarian and intercultural dialogue forums in Baku was praised at the meeting.
Touching upon the humanitarian projects implemented in Africa by the Azerbaijan International Development Agency under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in conjunction with other partner organizations, successful implementation of girls' education projects in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Liberia through the Trust Fund operated by Azerbaijan and UNESCO, they stressed the importance of involving the African Union Commission as a Partner in these projects.
During the meeting the sides agreed to exchange experiences and organize visits of delegations in areas of mutual interest.
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 09.07.2010Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev sends a letter of congratulation to head of Interim Government of Kyrgyzstan
- 09.07.2010German Parliamentary Society hosts discussion “The refugees and IDPs: a crime targeted the people”
- 09.07.2010President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev receives outgoing Polish ambassador Krzysztof Krajewski
- 09.07.2010Elmar Mammadyarov: “Mrs. Clinton’s visit to our country is very significant, this visit is important both for Azerbaijan and Armenia”
- 09.07.2010Elmar Mammadyarov: “Fact-finding mission will be sent there to thrash out whether there is currently pursued an accomodation policy on those territories with the demand of Azerbaijan or not”
- 09.07.2010Elmar Mammadyarov: “As an FM, 90 percent of my activity is connected with regulation of Nagorno Karabakh conflict”