Azerbaijani deputy education minister blames Armenian MP for making false remarks at Baku conference
Head of the Armenian delegation to the Euronest PA Armen Ashotyan has hailed the good conditions created for his visit to Azerbaijan.
Armenians MPs Armen Ashotyan and Mane Tandilyan are taking part in a conference on the theme “Involvement of the parliaments of Eastern Partnership countries in promoting gender quality and women’s health within the framework of the Sustainable Development Goals”, which kicked off in Baku on Friday.
“We are pleased with the good conditions created and security measures taken for our visit to Azerbaijan,” Ashotyan said, APA reported.
The Armenian MP said he is against the calls of hatred between the two peoples.
“Let’s avoid mutual hatred and not discuss the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict taking advantage of the humanist environment here. We should not allow future generations to continue this hostility. As a matter of fact, hatred towards the Armenian people is instilled in Azerbaijan,” he said.
Ashotyan expressed gratitude to the Azerbaijani side for the invitation to the conference. “It is a chance to us not to allow the conference devoted to such an important subject into a new anti-Armenian propaganda,” he added.
Azerbaijani Deputy Education Minister Jeyhun Bayramov, in turn, accused the Armenian deputy of making false remarks.
“Azerbaijani textbooks do not promote hatred towards any people, including the Armenian one. But you forget that Armenia still continues the occupation of 20 percent of Azerbaijani territory. More than one million Azerbaijanis were forced to leave their native land. Material and cultural monuments, educational institutions were destroyed in the occupied lands. Should you answer or not?..” he said.
Bayramov stated that intolerance between the peoples in Azerbaijan is not allowed at the state level:
“If we speak about the fact of occupation of Azerbaijani territories, we must understand the essence of the problem. People need to know the historical realities,” he added.
Related news releases
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani heroes
- 13.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria is a very important partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet in Geneva on Oct. 16
- 13.10.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan, Bulgaria make press statements
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Bulgarian presidents meet in Baku
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president officially welcomed in Baku
- 12.10.2017Bulgarian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Bulgarian president to visit Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Iran's economy minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Date of Tehran meeting of Azerbaijani, Russian, Iranian presidents revealed
- 12.10.2017Official of U.S. Department of Defense arrives in Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Preparation for Tehran meeting of Azerbaijani, Iranian, Russian presidents underway
- 12.10.2017Erdogan to visit Azerbaijan on Oct. 30 – envoy
- 12.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: Who needs PACE and what for?
- 11.10.2017PACE's adoption of such tendentious documents make Azerbaijan reconsider its relations with CoE: Ali Hasanov
- 11.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King of Spain
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijani president addresses CIS summit
- 11.10.2017Samad Seyidov: Resolutions on Azerbaijan adopted today bring shame upon PACE
- 11.10.2017CIS summit kicks off in Sochi
- 11.10.2017PACE adopts two resolutions on reports related to Azerbaijan - UPDATED-1
- 11.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov accuses Council of Europe of biased attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijani president in Sochi for CIS summit
- 10.10.2017Candidate for the post of UNESCO Director General Polad Bulbuloglu left the election race
- 10.10.2017Stella Kyriakides elected new PACE President
- 10.10.2017Kurdistan referendum was a wrong step: Iraqi diplomat
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijan says new deal with EU creates important framework for comprehensive development of ties
- 09.10.2017Date of Erdogan’s visit to Azerbaijan revealed
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has very positive reputation on international arena
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijani delegation head voices pessimism about future of PACE
- 22.09.2017Armenian MPs to go sightseeing in Baku
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister attends GUAM-Japan ministerial meeting
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijani President send congratulatory letter to King of Saudi Arabia
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan calls on EU to display ‘decisive stance’ against Armenia
- 22.09.2017GUAM countries interested in development of mutually beneficial co-op with US
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan says energy co-op with EU has reached level of strategic partnership