Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan intends to expand co-op with EU - UPDATED
Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev met with his Croatian counterpart Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic in Munich Feb. 17.
Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic shared her good impressions of her visit to Azerbaijan, noting that the meetings she had in Azerbaijan were efficient, APA reported.
The Croatian president said the Azerbaijani-Croatian business forum held during the visit has contributed to expanding relations between the two countries, noting that the intergovernmental commission will broaden the bilateral economic cooperation.
She said that her country is interested to cooperate with Azerbaijan in the energy and non-oil sectors as well as in the areas of information technology, shipbuilding, agriculture, transport, infrastructure, etc.
Noting that Azerbaijan is working on a new document with the EU, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic said this process will contribute to the further development of relations between Azerbaijan and the EU.
The Croatian leader invited President Ilham Aliyev to visit her country.
President Aliyev said the Azerbaijani-Croatian relations are developing successfully in various areas.
Highlighting Azerbaijan’s important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security, the president said Croatia can also take part in the projects initiated and joined by Azerbaijan.
Referring to relations with the EU, President Aliyev said that Azerbaijan closely cooperates with the European Commission.
Ilham Aliyev added that Azerbaijan intends to expand cooperation with the EU in the fields of political dialogue, security, technology, energy, multiculturalism, etc.
During the talk the sides also discussed the settlement process of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic reiterated Croatia’s support to the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan.
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijan provides aid to four countries stricken by famine threat
- 22.06.2017Moldovan president visits Alley of Martyrs in Baku
- 22.06.2017Moldovan president pays respect to Azerbaijan's national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 22.06.2017Igor Dodon: Wide range of issues discussed at meeting with Azerbaijani president
- 22.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Moldova have good potential for trade and economic cooperation
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president hosts official dinner reception in honor of Moldovan counterpart
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani, Moldovan presidents make press statements
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani, Moldovan presidents hold expanded meeting
- 22.06.2017PACE co-rapporteurs issue statement after their visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani, Moldovan presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 22.06.2017Official welcoming ceremony held for Moldovan president
- 21.06.2017Moldovan president arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 21.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives former French PM - UPDATED
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences over former German chancellor's death - UPDATED
- 19.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Lao foreign minister - UPDATED
- 19.06.2017Ali Hasanov: European Parliament resolution on Azerbaijan is unfair
- 19.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives OSCE MG co-chairs
- 17.06.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolence over Helmut Kohl’s death
- 17.06.2017Robert Cekuta: Diversity of Azerbaijan’s religious communities is source of strength
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan confirms its composition of joint intergovernmental commission with Israel
- 16.06.2017Hassan Rouhani sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Colombian FM - UPDATED
- 16.06.2017Parl’t deputy speaker: European Parliament’s anti-Azerbaijani resolution causes regret
- 16.06.2017EU says relations with Azerbaijan entered ‘a new stage’
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijani President: Azerbaijan is ready to make efforts to expand the bilateral ties with the EU
- 16.06.2017Colombian FM in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.06.2017Johannes Hahn: Southern Gas Corridor is a strategic project for EU - INTERVIEW
- 15.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives IPU secretary general - UPDATED
- 14.06.2017Elmar Mammadyarov receives EU representatives
- 14.06.2017PACE co-rapporteur received at Ombudsman’s Office
- 14.06.2017EU says Baku talks on new agreement with Azerbaijan were successful
- 14.06.2017Program of Moldovan president’s Azerbaijan visit announced - UPDATED-1
- 14.06.2017Parl’t deputy speaker: No tension in Azerbaijan-Russia relations
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijani president receives delegation led by Bulgarian prosecutor general - UPDATED
- 13.06.2017Palestinian envoy: Azerbaijan at forefront of efforts to address many challenges
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijani president: Muslim countries should solve problems among themselves peacefully
- 13.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan enjoys very close ties with Muslim countries
- 13.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives ambassadors of Muslim countries in Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives co-rapporteurs of PACE Monitoring Committee
- 13.06.2017Next round of Azerbaijan-EU talks to start in Baku today
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijani President met with Afghan President in Munich
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Kaspersky Lab in Munich
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan will never agree to independence of Nagorno-Karabakh"
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan, Israel mull military-technical cooperation - UPDATED
- 17.02.2017Munich Security Conference kicks off
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends roundtable of Munich Security Conference