Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan intends to expand co-op with EU - UPDATED
Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev met with his Croatian counterpart Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic in Munich Feb. 17.
Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic shared her good impressions of her visit to Azerbaijan, noting that the meetings she had in Azerbaijan were efficient, APA reported.
The Croatian president said the Azerbaijani-Croatian business forum held during the visit has contributed to expanding relations between the two countries, noting that the intergovernmental commission will broaden the bilateral economic cooperation.
She said that her country is interested to cooperate with Azerbaijan in the energy and non-oil sectors as well as in the areas of information technology, shipbuilding, agriculture, transport, infrastructure, etc.
Noting that Azerbaijan is working on a new document with the EU, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic said this process will contribute to the further development of relations between Azerbaijan and the EU.
The Croatian leader invited President Ilham Aliyev to visit her country.
President Aliyev said the Azerbaijani-Croatian relations are developing successfully in various areas.
Highlighting Azerbaijan’s important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security, the president said Croatia can also take part in the projects initiated and joined by Azerbaijan.
Referring to relations with the EU, President Aliyev said that Azerbaijan closely cooperates with the European Commission.
Ilham Aliyev added that Azerbaijan intends to expand cooperation with the EU in the fields of political dialogue, security, technology, energy, multiculturalism, etc.
During the talk the sides also discussed the settlement process of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic reiterated Croatia’s support to the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan.
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani heroes
- 13.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria is a very important partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet in Geneva on Oct. 16
- 13.10.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan, Bulgaria make press statements
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Bulgarian presidents meet in Baku
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president officially welcomed in Baku
- 12.10.2017Bulgarian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijani President met with Afghan President in Munich
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Kaspersky Lab in Munich
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan will never agree to independence of Nagorno-Karabakh"
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan, Israel mull military-technical cooperation - UPDATED
- 17.02.2017Munich Security Conference kicks off
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends roundtable of Munich Security Conference