Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan intends to expand co-op with EU - UPDATED
Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev met with his Croatian counterpart Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic in Munich Feb. 17.
Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic shared her good impressions of her visit to Azerbaijan, noting that the meetings she had in Azerbaijan were efficient, APA reported.
The Croatian president said the Azerbaijani-Croatian business forum held during the visit has contributed to expanding relations between the two countries, noting that the intergovernmental commission will broaden the bilateral economic cooperation.
She said that her country is interested to cooperate with Azerbaijan in the energy and non-oil sectors as well as in the areas of information technology, shipbuilding, agriculture, transport, infrastructure, etc.
Noting that Azerbaijan is working on a new document with the EU, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic said this process will contribute to the further development of relations between Azerbaijan and the EU.
The Croatian leader invited President Ilham Aliyev to visit her country.
President Aliyev said the Azerbaijani-Croatian relations are developing successfully in various areas.
Highlighting Azerbaijan’s important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security, the president said Croatia can also take part in the projects initiated and joined by Azerbaijan.
Referring to relations with the EU, President Aliyev said that Azerbaijan closely cooperates with the European Commission.
Ilham Aliyev added that Azerbaijan intends to expand cooperation with the EU in the fields of political dialogue, security, technology, energy, multiculturalism, etc.
During the talk the sides also discussed the settlement process of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic reiterated Croatia’s support to the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan.
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijani, Russian presidents discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 21.07.2017Meeting of Presidents of Russia and Azerbaijan held in Sochi
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Russia for working visit
- 21.07.2017Egyptian embassy organizes official reception in Baku
- 21.07.2017Communiqué on closure of Al-Aqsa Mosque adopted at Baku conference
- 21.07.2017Ambassador: Protraction of Jerusalem problem indicates existence of double standards in int’l policy
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Hungarian ambassador
- 21.07.2017MFA: No Azerbaijani citizens injured in earthquake in Turkey, Greece
- 21.07.2017Russian, Azerbaijani presidents to meet in Sochi – Kremlin
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijan allocates $5M for development of infrastructure in East al-Quds
- 20.07.2017Firudin Hajiyev awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 20.07.2017FM Mammadyarov: OIC – a ‘unique platform’ for Azerbaijan in advancing cooperation with Muslim world
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Tajik ambassador
- 20.07.2017Int’l conference on question of Jerusalem kicks off in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan names new ambassador to China
- 19.07.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to open up great opportunities – Azerbaijani FM
- 19.07.2017FM: Turkmenistan intends to expand relations with Azerbaijan, Turkey
- 19.07.2017Ashgabat to host fifth trilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs
- 19.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM - UPDATED
- 19.07.2017Ambassador: Czech Republic interested in co-op with Azerbaijan within Eastern Partnership
- 19.07.2017Visegrad Four supports soonest signing of Azerbaijan-EU deal on strategic partnership
- 19.07.2017Czech Senate delegation to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2017Eastern Partnership countries’ FMs to meet in September
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary in October
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen FMs mull co-op prospects
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs hold meeting in Baku
- 18.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan interested in expanding ties with Turkmenistan in all areas - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Austrian delegation - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Latvia
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "From now on Latvia and Azerbaijan are considered strategic partners"
- 17.07.2017Latvian President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan hopes for positive appellate court decision on VAK
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets speaker of Latvian parliament
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan-Latvia business forum held in Riga
- 17.07.2017Latvian president: Azerbaijan-EU ties to take more concrete form at Eastern Partnership summit
- 17.07.2017Final document on Caspian Sea’s status nearly 80% agreed - Azerbaijani FM
- 17.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-EU relations developing successfully
- 17.07.2017President Vejonis: Latvia will continue to support Azerbaijan's territorial integrity - UPDATED
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits Freedom Monument in Latvia
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijani President met with Afghan President in Munich
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Kaspersky Lab in Munich
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan will never agree to independence of Nagorno-Karabakh"
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan, Israel mull military-technical cooperation - UPDATED
- 17.02.2017Munich Security Conference kicks off
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends roundtable of Munich Security Conference