Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan intends to expand co-op with EU - UPDATED
Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev met with his Croatian counterpart Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic in Munich Feb. 17.
Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic shared her good impressions of her visit to Azerbaijan, noting that the meetings she had in Azerbaijan were efficient, APA reported.
The Croatian president said the Azerbaijani-Croatian business forum held during the visit has contributed to expanding relations between the two countries, noting that the intergovernmental commission will broaden the bilateral economic cooperation.
She said that her country is interested to cooperate with Azerbaijan in the energy and non-oil sectors as well as in the areas of information technology, shipbuilding, agriculture, transport, infrastructure, etc.
Noting that Azerbaijan is working on a new document with the EU, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic said this process will contribute to the further development of relations between Azerbaijan and the EU.
The Croatian leader invited President Ilham Aliyev to visit her country.
President Aliyev said the Azerbaijani-Croatian relations are developing successfully in various areas.
Highlighting Azerbaijan’s important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security, the president said Croatia can also take part in the projects initiated and joined by Azerbaijan.
Referring to relations with the EU, President Aliyev said that Azerbaijan closely cooperates with the European Commission.
Ilham Aliyev added that Azerbaijan intends to expand cooperation with the EU in the fields of political dialogue, security, technology, energy, multiculturalism, etc.
During the talk the sides also discussed the settlement process of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic reiterated Croatia’s support to the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan.
- 23.03.2017Pakistan, Azerbaijan enjoy excellent bilateral ties – envoy
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemns London terror attack
- 22.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates his counterpart Mamnoon Hussain on Pakistan Day
- 18.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan submitted draft agreement to European Commission
- 18.03.2017Man shot after attack at Paris Orly airport
- 18.03.2017Azerbaijani President congratulates his Tunisian counterpart
- 18.03.2017Mevlut Cavusoglu: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project to be launched in two months
- 18.03.2017Nowruz festivities held in Washington
- 17.03.2017Mehriban Aliyeva meet with delgation headed by Iranian Minister
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev meets chairman of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Saudi prince - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Fifth Global Baku Forum underway
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president’s messages to French society and president: - OPINION
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev receives Iran’s ICT minister - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry summons Greek ambassador
- 17.03.2017Baku Forum features session on future of Europe
- 17.03.2017Slovenia’s ex-president calls for reconsideration of Eastern Partnership principles
- 17.03.2017China’s role in int’l relations highlighted at Baku forum
- 17.03.2017Albania fully supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity, says president
- 17.03.2017Baku hosts senior officials’ meeting of Istanbul Process
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan, France celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 16.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov meets Iran’s ICT minister
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev praises close co-op between Azerbaijan, Georgia - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Albanian counterpart
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Latvian counterpart - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Montenegrin counterpart
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan's First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Macedonian first lady
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Macedonian counterpart
- 16.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador Marianna Vardinoyannis
- 16.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets former Latvian president
- 16.03.2017Bulgaria’s ex-president: Solution to int’l conflicts is not dependent on conflict parties only
- 16.03.2017Latvia, Azerbaijan enjoy very good relations – President Vejonis
- 16.03.2017Ex-Bulgarian president urges Armenia to fulfill UN resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 16.03.2017Latvian president: Political will needed to resolve all conflicts
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan turned into a host of int’l events: ex-Polish president
- 16.03.2017Saudi prince urges implementation of resolutions on Palestine, Nagorno-Karabakh
- 16.03.2017No alternative to European integration for Albania, president says
- 16.03.2017Baku – right place for holding int’l forums
- 16.03.2017Macedonian president: We are on threshold of birth of ‘a new world’
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijani President met with Afghan President in Munich
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Kaspersky Lab in Munich
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan will never agree to independence of Nagorno-Karabakh"
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan, Israel mull military-technical cooperation - UPDATED
- 17.02.2017Munich Security Conference kicks off
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends roundtable of Munich Security Conference