Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan intends to expand co-op with EU - UPDATED
Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev met with his Croatian counterpart Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic in Munich Feb. 17.
Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic shared her good impressions of her visit to Azerbaijan, noting that the meetings she had in Azerbaijan were efficient, APA reported.
The Croatian president said the Azerbaijani-Croatian business forum held during the visit has contributed to expanding relations between the two countries, noting that the intergovernmental commission will broaden the bilateral economic cooperation.
She said that her country is interested to cooperate with Azerbaijan in the energy and non-oil sectors as well as in the areas of information technology, shipbuilding, agriculture, transport, infrastructure, etc.
Noting that Azerbaijan is working on a new document with the EU, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic said this process will contribute to the further development of relations between Azerbaijan and the EU.
The Croatian leader invited President Ilham Aliyev to visit her country.
President Aliyev said the Azerbaijani-Croatian relations are developing successfully in various areas.
Highlighting Azerbaijan’s important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security, the president said Croatia can also take part in the projects initiated and joined by Azerbaijan.
Referring to relations with the EU, President Aliyev said that Azerbaijan closely cooperates with the European Commission.
Ilham Aliyev added that Azerbaijan intends to expand cooperation with the EU in the fields of political dialogue, security, technology, energy, multiculturalism, etc.
During the talk the sides also discussed the settlement process of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic reiterated Croatia’s support to the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan.
- 23.02.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with head of Iran's Islamic Culture and Relations Organization
- 23.02.2018Erdogan: 415 sq km now under control in Afrin operation
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan calls Dutch parliament’s decision ‘biased’
- 23.02.2018Film on Khojaly Genocide screened in California
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijani President met with Afghan President in Munich
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Kaspersky Lab in Munich
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan will never agree to independence of Nagorno-Karabakh"
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan, Israel mull military-technical cooperation - UPDATED
- 17.02.2017Munich Security Conference kicks off
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends roundtable of Munich Security Conference