Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria is a very important partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and President of the Republic of Bulgaria Rumen Radev held an expanded meeting joined by their delegations in Baku on Oct. 13.
President Aliyev stated that Bulgaria is a very important partner and a friendly country for Azerbaijan.
“I’m very pleased with your visit to our country. We had a brief talk on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly’s session. I’m grateful to you for accepting my invitation and visiting Azerbaijan, this is your first visit to our country,” the Azerbaijani president said.
He expressed confidence that the Bulgarian leader’s visit to Azerbaijan will be very successful.
“Today we exchanged views on the development of partnership. I have no doubt that the views that we exchanged will open the way for wider cooperation between our countries,” said President Aliyev. “We’re satisfied with the level of cooperation in the political and economic fields. However, I’m sure that our potential in the economic sphere is higher that it is today.”
The Azerbaijani head of state stressed the need to pay attention to the relations in trade, investment and other areas.
Azerbaijan and Bulgaria actively cooperate within the framework of international organizations, President Aliyev said, adding. “Your visit once again shows that the friendship and cooperation between our countries will continue successfully.”
Bulgarian President Rumen Radev, in turn, said: “We are very pleased with the discussions between the leadership of our countries and our stay here to continue the dialogue. We believe that the intensity of the political dialogue shows that there are very good relations between our countries and peoples. Along with this, as you have already mentioned, the level of political dialogue creates good conditions for the development of our relations in many other areas. We have just discussed economic and energy cooperation, its opportunities and potential.”
Reiterating Bulgaria’s support for the Southern Gas Corridor, President Radev hailed Azerbaijan’s important role in providing diversification opportunities in Central and Eastern Europe. “Therefore, we support this project,” he said.
He also pointed out that there is great potential for transportation and creating a transport corridor.
“We also discussed direct flights between Sofia and Baku, important for our countries. If we are able to open this route, we will contribute to the development of all other spheres,” the Bulgarian leader added.
Related news releases
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 08.06.2018Gambia supports Azerbaijan’s position on Karabakh conflict settlement – FM
- 08.06.2018FM: Gambian president resolutely condemns occupation of Azerbaijani lands by Armenia - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan arrives in Baku
- 07.06.2018Queen Elizabeth's birthday celebrated in Baku
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Turkey on June 12
- 07.06.2018U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan hosts iftar dinner for Masalli women entrepreneurs
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani heroes
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet in Geneva on Oct. 16
- 13.10.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan, Bulgaria make press statements
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Bulgarian presidents meet in Baku