Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria is a very important partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and President of the Republic of Bulgaria Rumen Radev held an expanded meeting joined by their delegations in Baku on Oct. 13.
President Aliyev stated that Bulgaria is a very important partner and a friendly country for Azerbaijan.
“I’m very pleased with your visit to our country. We had a brief talk on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly’s session. I’m grateful to you for accepting my invitation and visiting Azerbaijan, this is your first visit to our country,” the Azerbaijani president said.
He expressed confidence that the Bulgarian leader’s visit to Azerbaijan will be very successful.
“Today we exchanged views on the development of partnership. I have no doubt that the views that we exchanged will open the way for wider cooperation between our countries,” said President Aliyev. “We’re satisfied with the level of cooperation in the political and economic fields. However, I’m sure that our potential in the economic sphere is higher that it is today.”
The Azerbaijani head of state stressed the need to pay attention to the relations in trade, investment and other areas.
Azerbaijan and Bulgaria actively cooperate within the framework of international organizations, President Aliyev said, adding. “Your visit once again shows that the friendship and cooperation between our countries will continue successfully.”
Bulgarian President Rumen Radev, in turn, said: “We are very pleased with the discussions between the leadership of our countries and our stay here to continue the dialogue. We believe that the intensity of the political dialogue shows that there are very good relations between our countries and peoples. Along with this, as you have already mentioned, the level of political dialogue creates good conditions for the development of our relations in many other areas. We have just discussed economic and energy cooperation, its opportunities and potential.”
Reiterating Bulgaria’s support for the Southern Gas Corridor, President Radev hailed Azerbaijan’s important role in providing diversification opportunities in Central and Eastern Europe. “Therefore, we support this project,” he said.
He also pointed out that there is great potential for transportation and creating a transport corridor.
“We also discussed direct flights between Sofia and Baku, important for our countries. If we are able to open this route, we will contribute to the development of all other spheres,” the Bulgarian leader added.
Related news releases
- 23.02.2018Moldovan president to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018U.S. aims to help Azerbaijan become a strong, prosperous state: Ambassador Cekuta
- 23.02.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with head of Iran's Islamic Culture and Relations Organization
- 23.02.2018Erdogan: 415 sq km now under control in Afrin operation
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan calls Dutch parliament’s decision ‘biased’
- 23.02.2018Film on Khojaly Genocide screened in California
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani heroes
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet in Geneva on Oct. 16
- 13.10.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan, Bulgaria make press statements
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Bulgarian presidents meet in Baku