Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria is a very important partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and President of the Republic of Bulgaria Rumen Radev held an expanded meeting joined by their delegations in Baku on Oct. 13.
President Aliyev stated that Bulgaria is a very important partner and a friendly country for Azerbaijan.
“I’m very pleased with your visit to our country. We had a brief talk on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly’s session. I’m grateful to you for accepting my invitation and visiting Azerbaijan, this is your first visit to our country,” the Azerbaijani president said.
He expressed confidence that the Bulgarian leader’s visit to Azerbaijan will be very successful.
“Today we exchanged views on the development of partnership. I have no doubt that the views that we exchanged will open the way for wider cooperation between our countries,” said President Aliyev. “We’re satisfied with the level of cooperation in the political and economic fields. However, I’m sure that our potential in the economic sphere is higher that it is today.”
The Azerbaijani head of state stressed the need to pay attention to the relations in trade, investment and other areas.
Azerbaijan and Bulgaria actively cooperate within the framework of international organizations, President Aliyev said, adding. “Your visit once again shows that the friendship and cooperation between our countries will continue successfully.”
Bulgarian President Rumen Radev, in turn, said: “We are very pleased with the discussions between the leadership of our countries and our stay here to continue the dialogue. We believe that the intensity of the political dialogue shows that there are very good relations between our countries and peoples. Along with this, as you have already mentioned, the level of political dialogue creates good conditions for the development of our relations in many other areas. We have just discussed economic and energy cooperation, its opportunities and potential.”
Reiterating Bulgaria’s support for the Southern Gas Corridor, President Radev hailed Azerbaijan’s important role in providing diversification opportunities in Central and Eastern Europe. “Therefore, we support this project,” he said.
He also pointed out that there is great potential for transportation and creating a transport corridor.
“We also discussed direct flights between Sofia and Baku, important for our countries. If we are able to open this route, we will contribute to the development of all other spheres,” the Bulgarian leader added.
Related news releases
- 13.12.2017Ambassador: Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 13.12.2017‘Jerusalem has not been abandoned,’ Erdogan says
- 13.12.2017OIC member states recognize E. Jerusalem as Palestine’s capital
- 13.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: U.S. should reconsider its decision on Jerusalem
- 13.12.2017U.S. provides over $30.8 million for mine and UXO clearance in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Mahmoud Abbas rules out U.S. mediator role in Palestine-Israel peace process
- 13.12.2017Turkey’s Erdogan calls for recognition of Jerusalem as ‘occupied capital of Palestine’
- 13.12.2017Erdogan calls Israel an ‘occupying and terror state’
- 13.12.2017OIC summit on Jerusalem kicks off in Istanbul
- 13.12.2017OIC FMs meet in Istanbul to discuss Jerusalem issue
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Turkey
- 12.12.2017Iran’s Rouhani to visit Azerbaijan next year
- 12.12.2017ECHR: Armenia has to pay for damage to Azerbaijani IDPs
- 12.12.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues statement on al-Quds
- 12.12.2017Kazakh President Nazarbayev to propose date for Caspian summit
- 12.12.2017Deputy FM says he doesn’t believe in Azerbaijan’s accession to WTO in coming years
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan says issues on aviation agreement with EU can be resolved in early 2018
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia to continue negotiations on border delimitation early next year
- 12.12.2017Caspian states to sign separate agreement on water surface division
- 12.12.2017No middle line or any common principle for division of Caspian seabed: Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 12.12.2017Talks on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement may end by late 2018 – deputy FM
- 11.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian State Duma delegation
- 09.12.2017Erdogan invites Ilham Aliyev to attend OIC summit on Jerusalem issue
- 08.12.2017President Aliyev appoints Azerbaijan’s honorary consul to Djibouti
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Croatia
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Tajikistan
- 08.12.2017Russia never requested Azerbaijan for agrément for Georgy Zuev - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov attends the meeting of the GUAM Council of MFA
- 07.12.2017“ASAN Service” is a huge revolution in field of public services – Azerbaijani president
- 07.12.2017Israeli Embassy in Baku reacts to protests over Trump’s Jerusalem declaration
- 07.12.2017UK minister of state for trade to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijani public concerned over unfair attitude of certain circles in West and Europe
- 07.12.2017Lavrov: Russia will contribute to search for mutually acceptable solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Guba district
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan supports peaceful settlement of Israeli-Palestinian conflict - Foreign Ministry
- 06.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan expands partnership with Russia in technology sector
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM: Int’l rules can be applied regarding controversial deposits in Caspian Sea
- 06.12.2017Draft Convention on Caspian status includes preservation of military balance: Azerbaijani MFA
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM reveals Caspian division principles
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani heroes
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet in Geneva on Oct. 16
- 13.10.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan, Bulgaria make press statements
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Bulgarian presidents meet in Baku