Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with Aloysio Nunes Ferreira, Minister of External Affairs of Federative Republic of Brazil who is on an official visit to Azerbaijan.
At the meeting, the sides expressed their satisfaction with the current status of political relations established between the two countries and stressed the importance of strengthening of mutual efforts for elevating bilateral cooperation to a higher level, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
The ministers reviewed the current status of relations on various fields and issues on the agenda of the two countries.
Elmar Mammadyarov highly appreciated Aloysio Nunes’s visit to our country and expressed his assurance that this visit will give substantial contribution to the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Brazil.
Aloysio Nunes mentioned that his visit is a testimony to the importance that Brazil attaches to the development of cooperation with Azerbaijan adding that Brazil commends the pragmatic and balanced foreign policy pursued by Azerbaijan.
The ministers underlined the significance of intensifying of high level mutual visits with a view of enhancing cooperation as well as the activity of Common Working Group for promoting of economic-trade relations between Azerbaijan and Brazil.
The sides noted that the parliamentarian diplomacy plays particular role in bilateral cooperation and in this context, they stressed the importance of increasing contacts between the members of friendship groups created in the parliament of both countries.
During the meeting, the ministers reviewed the draft legal documents which are under consideration and in this regards, emphasized the need of expanding legal-treaty base between the parties. They also touched upon the significance of continuation of political consultations as useful platform between Ministries of Foreign Affairs.
The sides exchanged views on the ways for the development of cooperation in the fields of humanitarian affairs and education.
At the meeting, the ways for promotion of relations in the fields of agriculture, energy and food industry as well as tourism, science-education including expansion of cooperation between universities of both countries were discussed.
Mammadyarov informed his interlocutor about the latest negotiations process on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and emphasized the importance of implementation of demands of relevant UN Security Council resolutions. Furthermore, he highly appreciated Brazil’s position on the settlement of the conflict within the framework of the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Azerbaijan on the basis of the UN Security Council resolutions.
Mammadyarov also briefed Aloysio Nunes about the capital Baku's candidacy to host the EXPO-2025.
At the meeting, the sides exchanged views on the international agenda including the reform process of the UN Security Council.
Following the meeting “Memorandum of Understanding between ADA University under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Rio Branco Institute of the Ministry of External Relations of the Federative Republic of Brazil on mutual cooperation on training of Diplomats” was signed.
Hafiz Pashayev, Rector of ADA University from Azerbaijani side and Ambassador of Brazil in Azerbaijan Santiago Luis Bento Fernández Alcázar from the Brazilian side signed this Memorandum of Understanding.
Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov is holding a one-on-one meeting with his Brazilian counterpart Aloysio Nunes Ferreira in Baku.
The meeting will be continued in an expanded format with the participation of the two countries’ delegations, APA reported.
The foreign ministers will hold a joint press conference following the meeting.
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan condemns missile attacks against Saudi Arabia
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Belarus
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan’s list of undesirable persons includes names of 600 people: Foreign Ministry
- 28.12.2017Date set for ministerial conference of Non-Aligned Movement in Baku
- 28.12.2017MFA: Azerbaijan pursued independent, multi-vector, balanced foreign policy in 2017
- 27.12.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: "Azerbaijan has become one of the centers of inter-civilization dialogue in the world"
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani president pays working visit to Russia
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM