Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with Aloysio Nunes Ferreira, Minister of External Affairs of Federative Republic of Brazil who is on an official visit to Azerbaijan.
At the meeting, the sides expressed their satisfaction with the current status of political relations established between the two countries and stressed the importance of strengthening of mutual efforts for elevating bilateral cooperation to a higher level, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
The ministers reviewed the current status of relations on various fields and issues on the agenda of the two countries.
Elmar Mammadyarov highly appreciated Aloysio Nunes’s visit to our country and expressed his assurance that this visit will give substantial contribution to the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Brazil.
Aloysio Nunes mentioned that his visit is a testimony to the importance that Brazil attaches to the development of cooperation with Azerbaijan adding that Brazil commends the pragmatic and balanced foreign policy pursued by Azerbaijan.
The ministers underlined the significance of intensifying of high level mutual visits with a view of enhancing cooperation as well as the activity of Common Working Group for promoting of economic-trade relations between Azerbaijan and Brazil.
The sides noted that the parliamentarian diplomacy plays particular role in bilateral cooperation and in this context, they stressed the importance of increasing contacts between the members of friendship groups created in the parliament of both countries.
During the meeting, the ministers reviewed the draft legal documents which are under consideration and in this regards, emphasized the need of expanding legal-treaty base between the parties. They also touched upon the significance of continuation of political consultations as useful platform between Ministries of Foreign Affairs.
The sides exchanged views on the ways for the development of cooperation in the fields of humanitarian affairs and education.
At the meeting, the ways for promotion of relations in the fields of agriculture, energy and food industry as well as tourism, science-education including expansion of cooperation between universities of both countries were discussed.
Mammadyarov informed his interlocutor about the latest negotiations process on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and emphasized the importance of implementation of demands of relevant UN Security Council resolutions. Furthermore, he highly appreciated Brazil’s position on the settlement of the conflict within the framework of the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Azerbaijan on the basis of the UN Security Council resolutions.
Mammadyarov also briefed Aloysio Nunes about the capital Baku's candidacy to host the EXPO-2025.
At the meeting, the sides exchanged views on the international agenda including the reform process of the UN Security Council.
Following the meeting “Memorandum of Understanding between ADA University under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Rio Branco Institute of the Ministry of External Relations of the Federative Republic of Brazil on mutual cooperation on training of Diplomats” was signed.
Hafiz Pashayev, Rector of ADA University from Azerbaijani side and Ambassador of Brazil in Azerbaijan Santiago Luis Bento Fernández Alcázar from the Brazilian side signed this Memorandum of Understanding.
Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov is holding a one-on-one meeting with his Brazilian counterpart Aloysio Nunes Ferreira in Baku.
The meeting will be continued in an expanded format with the participation of the two countries’ delegations, APA reported.
The foreign ministers will hold a joint press conference following the meeting.
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 13.11.2017EU appoints new special representative for South Caucasus and crisis in Georgia
- 13.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences to Iraqi PM
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan offers assistance to Iran after earthquake - Iranian envoy
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union commissioners
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union Commissioner for Peace and Security
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry expresses its attitude to the report on the detention of 200 Azerbaijani women in Iraq
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM