Azerbaijan urges int’l community to demand from Armenia to cease illegal occupation of territories
Baku. Turbat Baghirova – APA. Azerbaijan has called on the international community to demand from Armenia to cease the illegal occupation of the country's territories, to withdraw its troops from all seized lands and to engage constructively in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement process in accordance with the requirements of relevant resolutions of the UNSC and the norms and principles of international law, Azerbaijan's Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov said on Tuesday.
He made the remarks at the preparatory meeting of the Foreign Ministerial Council of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to the 13th Islamic Summit Conference.
“On April 2, 2016 Armenia once again confirmed its strong commitment to destructive policy in the negotiation process of Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict by flagrantly violating ceasefire and shelling at the positions of Azerbaijani army and densely populated residential areas along the contact line,” the minister said, noting that this provocative act received an adequate response from the Azerbaijani army which launched counter-attacks and repulsed Armenian forces.
Armenia continues violating ceasefire regime and diverting attention from the substantive issues needed for peace process by this demonstrating to the world its main intentions, according to Mammadyarov.
“Azerbaijan calls on the international community to demand from Armenia to cease the illegal occupation of Azerbaijan’s territories, to withdraw its troops from all seized lands and to engage constructively in the conflict settlement process in accordance with the requirements of relevant resolutions of the UNSC and the norms and principles of international law,” he added.
Then, the foreign minister thanked the OIC secretary general and member states for the support to the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Azerbaijan and condemnation of the Armenian aggression and occupation of my country’s territories. “I also want to appreciate the decision of the Conference to establish a Contact group on the aggression of the Republic of Armenia against my country,” Azerbaijan’s minister added.
Related news releases
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 15.03.2018Existing opportunities should be utilized to bridge Asia with Europe, says Georgian FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey says quadrilateral co-op format with Azerbaijan, Iran, Georgia to contribute to peace and stability
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs hail new format of quadrilateral cooperation
- 15.03.2018Baku Declaration adopted at meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs
- 15.03.2018Deputy PM: TAP is an important project for Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 15.03.2018PM Yildirim: Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia take serious steps to ensure regional security
- 12.04.2016Baku reacts to Greek, Latvian MPs’ illegal visit to occupied Nagorno-Karabakh
- 12.04.2016President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Malaysia relations of pivotal importance
- 12.04.2016Latvia’s stance on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged – ambassador
- 12.04.2016Matthew Bryza criticizes Obama Administration for negligence to Karabakh problem
- 12.04.2016Turkish FM: Karabakh conflict should be resolved within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 12.04.2016Istanbul hosting OIC FMs’ meeting