Azerbaijan to appoint trade representatives in embassies, consulates
Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev has signed a decree on ensuring the activities of trade representatives in the country’s embassies and consulates in foreign countries.
According to the order, offices will be established in order to ensure the activities of trade representatives in embassies and consulates of Azerbaijan in foreign countries.
Trade representatives and their offices are to be part of the structure of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Economy, and the number of employees and the staff schedules of the offices of trade representatives are to be approved by the Ministry of Economy upon the agreement of the Ministry of Finance.
Under the order, appointment and dismissal of employees of trade representatives’ offices shall be carried by economy minister. The material-technical and financial support of trade representatives’ offices shall be carried out by the Ministry of Economy.
The Cabinet of Ministers shall within a month approve the regulations on a trade representative and his/her office, and the structure of the office, as well as to develop a bill providing exemption of trade representatives from income tax and submit it to the Azerbaijani President.
The Cabinet of Ministers shall within a month develop proposals on providing service passports to employees of trade representatives’ offices and their family members and submit them to the Azerbaijani President.
The Cabinet of Ministers shall within two months draft a bill on making amendments to the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan on “Civil Service” in order to ensure the activities of trade representatives and employees of their offices as civil servants and submit it to the Azerbaijani President.
The Cabinet of Ministers shall within three months prepare proposals on bringing the acts of the Azerbaijani President in line with this decree and submit them to the President.
Related news releases
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 08.06.2018Gambia supports Azerbaijan’s position on Karabakh conflict settlement – FM
- 08.06.2018FM: Gambian president resolutely condemns occupation of Azerbaijani lands by Armenia - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan arrives in Baku
- 07.06.2018Queen Elizabeth's birthday celebrated in Baku
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Turkey on June 12
- 07.06.2018U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan hosts iftar dinner for Masalli women entrepreneurs
- 07.06.2018Santa Monica proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- 05.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM - UPDATED
- 06.09.2017Turkish, Georgian foreign ministers meet in Baku
- 06.09.2017Lawyer: No appeal from Israel over Lapshin’s extradition
- 05.09.2017Georgia MFA: Cooperation plan to be approved at ministerial meeting in Baku
- 05.09.2017Ali Hasanov: When did The Guardian write about truth about Azerbaijan?
- 05.09.2017Azerbaijani president receives Georgian foreign minister