Azerbaijan to appoint trade representatives in embassies, consulates
Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev has signed a decree on ensuring the activities of trade representatives in the country’s embassies and consulates in foreign countries.
According to the order, offices will be established in order to ensure the activities of trade representatives in embassies and consulates of Azerbaijan in foreign countries.
Trade representatives and their offices are to be part of the structure of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Economy, and the number of employees and the staff schedules of the offices of trade representatives are to be approved by the Ministry of Economy upon the agreement of the Ministry of Finance.
Under the order, appointment and dismissal of employees of trade representatives’ offices shall be carried by economy minister. The material-technical and financial support of trade representatives’ offices shall be carried out by the Ministry of Economy.
The Cabinet of Ministers shall within a month approve the regulations on a trade representative and his/her office, and the structure of the office, as well as to develop a bill providing exemption of trade representatives from income tax and submit it to the Azerbaijani President.
The Cabinet of Ministers shall within a month develop proposals on providing service passports to employees of trade representatives’ offices and their family members and submit them to the Azerbaijani President.
The Cabinet of Ministers shall within two months draft a bill on making amendments to the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan on “Civil Service” in order to ensure the activities of trade representatives and employees of their offices as civil servants and submit it to the Azerbaijani President.
The Cabinet of Ministers shall within three months prepare proposals on bringing the acts of the Azerbaijani President in line with this decree and submit them to the President.
Related news releases
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemned terror attack in mosque in Egypt
- 24.11.2017Donald Tusk: Unresolved conflicts in partner countries hamper cooperation
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Egyptian counterpart
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan, EU sign document on Trans-European Transport Network
- 24.11.2017EaP Summit welcomes good progress in talks on new Eu-Azerbaijan agreement
- 24.11.2017EU reaffirms support to territorial integrity of all its partners
- 24.11.2017Joint declaration adopted at EaP summit in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Russia’s key role in relations with Azerbaijan, Armenia ‘apparent’, says Merkel
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign plan for security cooperation
- 24.11.2017Eastern Partnership summit gets underway in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Alan Duncan: BTK and SGC projects – visible signs of extraordinary co-op between UK and Azerbaijan over past 25 years
- 24.11.2017EaP countries’ leaders officially welcomed in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Eastern Partnership summit to set new goals for future partnership – EU envoy
- 24.11.2017Brussels to host Eastern Partnership summit
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev invites NATO Sec-Gen to Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2017NATO calls on Azerbaijan to step up security sector reform
- 23.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will continue partnership with NATO to provide stability in region
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Benelux countries agree on visa exemption for service passport holders
- 23.11.2017EU hopes talks on new agreement with Azerbaijan will be finalized next year
- 23.11.2017CMO chairman expresses support for Russia’s anti-ISIL operations
- 23.11.2017EU commissioner: ‘BTK project is in our interest’
- 23.11.2017Johannes Hahn: Eastern Partnership Declaration to be signed tomorrow
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Japan hold political consultations
- 23.11.2017EU says aviation agreement with Azerbaijan will definitely enhance co-op in this sector
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani president attends NATO's North Atlantic Council meeting
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev, NATO Sec-Gen Stoltenberg make press statements
- 22.11.2017Head of Azerbaijani PA delivers lecture at meeting of secretaries of CIS security councils
- 22.11.2017Georgian President and PM congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents to meet in Brussels
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani MPs to attend PACE events
- 21.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan supports combating all forms of terrorism
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Lebanese counterpart
- 21.11.2017EU concerned over unresolved conflicts in Eastern Partnership region
- 21.11.2017Fuad Isgandarov: EU attitude towards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity to change soon
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 05.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM - UPDATED
- 06.09.2017Turkish, Georgian foreign ministers meet in Baku
- 06.09.2017Lawyer: No appeal from Israel over Lapshin’s extradition
- 05.09.2017Georgia MFA: Cooperation plan to be approved at ministerial meeting in Baku
- 05.09.2017Ali Hasanov: When did The Guardian write about truth about Azerbaijan?
- 05.09.2017Azerbaijani president receives Georgian foreign minister