Azerbaijan to appoint trade representatives in embassies, consulates
Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev has signed a decree on ensuring the activities of trade representatives in the country’s embassies and consulates in foreign countries.
According to the order, offices will be established in order to ensure the activities of trade representatives in embassies and consulates of Azerbaijan in foreign countries.
Trade representatives and their offices are to be part of the structure of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Economy, and the number of employees and the staff schedules of the offices of trade representatives are to be approved by the Ministry of Economy upon the agreement of the Ministry of Finance.
Under the order, appointment and dismissal of employees of trade representatives’ offices shall be carried by economy minister. The material-technical and financial support of trade representatives’ offices shall be carried out by the Ministry of Economy.
The Cabinet of Ministers shall within a month approve the regulations on a trade representative and his/her office, and the structure of the office, as well as to develop a bill providing exemption of trade representatives from income tax and submit it to the Azerbaijani President.
The Cabinet of Ministers shall within a month develop proposals on providing service passports to employees of trade representatives’ offices and their family members and submit them to the Azerbaijani President.
The Cabinet of Ministers shall within two months draft a bill on making amendments to the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan on “Civil Service” in order to ensure the activities of trade representatives and employees of their offices as civil servants and submit it to the Azerbaijani President.
The Cabinet of Ministers shall within three months prepare proposals on bringing the acts of the Azerbaijani President in line with this decree and submit them to the President.
Related news releases
- 23.02.2018Moldovan president to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018U.S. aims to help Azerbaijan become a strong, prosperous state: Ambassador Cekuta
- 23.02.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with head of Iran's Islamic Culture and Relations Organization
- 23.02.2018Erdogan: 415 sq km now under control in Afrin operation
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan calls Dutch parliament’s decision ‘biased’
- 23.02.2018Film on Khojaly Genocide screened in California
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 05.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM - UPDATED
- 06.09.2017Turkish, Georgian foreign ministers meet in Baku
- 06.09.2017Lawyer: No appeal from Israel over Lapshin’s extradition
- 05.09.2017Georgia MFA: Cooperation plan to be approved at ministerial meeting in Baku
- 05.09.2017Ali Hasanov: When did The Guardian write about truth about Azerbaijan?
- 05.09.2017Azerbaijani president receives Georgian foreign minister