Azerbaijan to appoint trade representatives in embassies, consulates
Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev has signed a decree on ensuring the activities of trade representatives in the country’s embassies and consulates in foreign countries.
According to the order, offices will be established in order to ensure the activities of trade representatives in embassies and consulates of Azerbaijan in foreign countries.
Trade representatives and their offices are to be part of the structure of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Economy, and the number of employees and the staff schedules of the offices of trade representatives are to be approved by the Ministry of Economy upon the agreement of the Ministry of Finance.
Under the order, appointment and dismissal of employees of trade representatives’ offices shall be carried by economy minister. The material-technical and financial support of trade representatives’ offices shall be carried out by the Ministry of Economy.
The Cabinet of Ministers shall within a month approve the regulations on a trade representative and his/her office, and the structure of the office, as well as to develop a bill providing exemption of trade representatives from income tax and submit it to the Azerbaijani President.
The Cabinet of Ministers shall within a month develop proposals on providing service passports to employees of trade representatives’ offices and their family members and submit them to the Azerbaijani President.
The Cabinet of Ministers shall within two months draft a bill on making amendments to the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan on “Civil Service” in order to ensure the activities of trade representatives and employees of their offices as civil servants and submit it to the Azerbaijani President.
The Cabinet of Ministers shall within three months prepare proposals on bringing the acts of the Azerbaijani President in line with this decree and submit them to the President.
Related news releases
- 21.09.2017Armenian MPs to attend Euronest PA conference in Baku
- 21.09.2017Turkic Council foreign ministers meet in New York
- 21.09.2017Work underway to bring home Azerbaijani children found in territories freed from ISIL
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan preparing for Eastern Partnership summit: deputy FM
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan says ‘no serious progress’ in talks with WTO
- 21.09.2017EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on trade to hold meeting in Brussels
- 21.09.2017New Azerbaijan-EU deal unlikely to be signed by year-end – deputy FM
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan, EU to mull new partnership priorities in late September
- 21.09.2017Tehran to host discussions on Caspian Sea’s legal status
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Non-Aligned Movement plays crucial role in maintaining int’l peace
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in New York
- 20.09.2017President: Since 2004, Azerbaijan’s economy has grown more than threefold
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plays important role on global energy market
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Development of democracy, human rights protection among Azerbaijan’s top priorities
- 20.09.2017Chairman of EU Political and Security Committee to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.09.2017Jankauskas announces date of next round of EU-Azerbaijan talks on new deal - UPDATED
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev to address UN General Assembly
- 20.09.2017FM: Azerbaijan supports lasting solution to Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijani President attends state banquet at UN headquarters
- 20.09.2017Benjamin Netanyahu: “Israel expanded corporation with Azerbaijan" - VIDEO
- 19.09.2017China, Azerbaijan consider education a priority area – ambassador
- 19.09.2017PACE co-rapporteurs make statement following their visit to Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with representatives of American Jewish organizations in New York
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Foundation for Ethnic Understanding in New York
- 17.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in the United States for visit
- 15.09.2017First Vice President Mehriban Aliyeva meets with French Minister of State attached to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Mexican counterpart
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan checking if its citizens among London underground attack victims
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani FM meets Lao president
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets French Secretary of State to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives PACE co-rapporteurs - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017Moscow hosts int’l conference on Azerbaijan-Russia relations - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017UK hails Azerbaijan’s clear stance on counterterrorism
- 14.09.2017Alan Duncan: British PM intends to meet Azerbaijani president soon
- 14.09.2017UK says new ACG contract will greatly contribute to Azerbaijan’s economy
- 14.09.2017Russia’s ruling party welcomes creation of ‘Moscow-Baku axis’
- 14.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister visits Israel’s leading defense industry enterprises
- 14.09.2017US companies continue support for Azerbaijan’s key role in global energy security
- 14.09.2017Azerbaijani president meets with Turkish energy minister
- 14.09.2017Ambassador Cekuta: US-Azerbaijan co-op covers three equally important areas
- 05.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM - UPDATED
- 06.09.2017Turkish, Georgian foreign ministers meet in Baku
- 06.09.2017Lawyer: No appeal from Israel over Lapshin’s extradition
- 05.09.2017Georgia MFA: Cooperation plan to be approved at ministerial meeting in Baku
- 05.09.2017Ali Hasanov: When did The Guardian write about truth about Azerbaijan?
- 05.09.2017Azerbaijani president receives Georgian foreign minister