Azerbaijan, Slovenia hold political consultations
Azerbaijan’s Deputy Foreign Minister Khalaf Khalafov has made an official visit to Slovenia in order to hold political consultations with the country’s foreign ministry.
During the visit, Khalafov had a meeting with Slovenia's State Secretary, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Slovenian State Secretary Darja Bavdaž Kuret, Political Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Slovenia Matej Marn, and other officials, the Foreign Ministry’s press service told APA.
Within the framework of political consultations, the sides also discussed bilateral relations, exchanging their views on developing cooperation in the areas of economy, trade, industry, agriculture, transport, communications, energy, high technology, culture and tourism.
Khalafov provided detailed information about the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh, emphasizing the importance of changing the occupation-based status quo and immediate withdrawal of Armenian troops from Azerbaijan’s occupied territories.
Mammadyarov noted that there is no alternative to the resolution of the conflict on the basis of Azerbaijan's sovereignty, territorial integrity, and the inviolability of its internationally recognized borders. He added that European security architecture is an important factor in resolving existing conflicts in the region.
Bavdaž Kuret praised the level of bilateral ties, noting that there is a good potential for both sides to strengthen their ties further. She also touched on the importance of developing business relations as well as relations between people. He praised the prevalent environment of security and stability in Azerbaijan, noting that it is in the interests of the EU.
The sides then went on to discuss international and regional issues of mutual interest.
Related news releases
- 21.10.2017Pan-African Parliament’s President to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Kubiv: Positivity in Kiev-Baku relations bothers some inside and outside of Ukraine
- 20.10.2017Austrian ambassador: Azerbaijan and Armenia can not be forced into one way of solution - INTERVIEW
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani parl’t vice-speaker dismisses reports on deterioration of Baku-Moscow ties
- 09.06.2017Estonian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Queen of United Kingdom
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani FM to attend Astana EXPO-2017
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani foreign ministries exchange letters
- 08.06.2017Emmanuel Macron: France to remain committed to its obligations as MG co-chair