Azerbaijan, Slovenia hold political consultations
Azerbaijan’s Deputy Foreign Minister Khalaf Khalafov has made an official visit to Slovenia in order to hold political consultations with the country’s foreign ministry.
During the visit, Khalafov had a meeting with Slovenia's State Secretary, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Slovenian State Secretary Darja Bavdaž Kuret, Political Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Slovenia Matej Marn, and other officials, the Foreign Ministry’s press service told APA.
Within the framework of political consultations, the sides also discussed bilateral relations, exchanging their views on developing cooperation in the areas of economy, trade, industry, agriculture, transport, communications, energy, high technology, culture and tourism.
Khalafov provided detailed information about the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh, emphasizing the importance of changing the occupation-based status quo and immediate withdrawal of Armenian troops from Azerbaijan’s occupied territories.
Mammadyarov noted that there is no alternative to the resolution of the conflict on the basis of Azerbaijan's sovereignty, territorial integrity, and the inviolability of its internationally recognized borders. He added that European security architecture is an important factor in resolving existing conflicts in the region.
Bavdaž Kuret praised the level of bilateral ties, noting that there is a good potential for both sides to strengthen their ties further. She also touched on the importance of developing business relations as well as relations between people. He praised the prevalent environment of security and stability in Azerbaijan, noting that it is in the interests of the EU.
The sides then went on to discuss international and regional issues of mutual interest.
Related news releases
- 27.05.2018MFA:The sovereign territory of the Azerbaijani Democratic Republic was 114,000 square kilometers
- 26.05.2018Ogtay Asadov attends events dedicated to centenary of first Georgian republic
- 26.05.2018Emmanuel Macron: France to do its utmost for fair resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2018Italian president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Finnish President congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Azerbaijan’s parliamentary speaker starts visit to Georgia
- 26.05.2018San Diego proclaims May 28 as “100th Anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic Day”
- 26.05.2018Mayor of Cleveland signs proclamation designating May 28 as Centennial Celebration of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2018Japan’s Emperor Akihito congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.05.2018Jamestown Foundation dedicates article to centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Los Angeles celebrates 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 24.05.2018Consultations held in Astana concerning Caspian legal status
- 24.05.2018Chinese president: Azerbaijan’s int’l status and influence growing day after day
- 24.05.2018Putin: Azerbaijan enjoys great authority in int’l community
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani president pardons 634 people - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani parl’t vice-speaker dismisses reports on deterioration of Baku-Moscow ties
- 09.06.2017Estonian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Queen of United Kingdom
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani FM to attend Astana EXPO-2017
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani foreign ministries exchange letters
- 08.06.2017Emmanuel Macron: France to remain committed to its obligations as MG co-chair