Azerbaijan, Slovenia hold political consultations
Azerbaijan’s Deputy Foreign Minister Khalaf Khalafov has made an official visit to Slovenia in order to hold political consultations with the country’s foreign ministry.
During the visit, Khalafov had a meeting with Slovenia's State Secretary, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Slovenian State Secretary Darja Bavdaž Kuret, Political Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Slovenia Matej Marn, and other officials, the Foreign Ministry’s press service told APA.
Within the framework of political consultations, the sides also discussed bilateral relations, exchanging their views on developing cooperation in the areas of economy, trade, industry, agriculture, transport, communications, energy, high technology, culture and tourism.
Khalafov provided detailed information about the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh, emphasizing the importance of changing the occupation-based status quo and immediate withdrawal of Armenian troops from Azerbaijan’s occupied territories.
Mammadyarov noted that there is no alternative to the resolution of the conflict on the basis of Azerbaijan's sovereignty, territorial integrity, and the inviolability of its internationally recognized borders. He added that European security architecture is an important factor in resolving existing conflicts in the region.
Bavdaž Kuret praised the level of bilateral ties, noting that there is a good potential for both sides to strengthen their ties further. She also touched on the importance of developing business relations as well as relations between people. He praised the prevalent environment of security and stability in Azerbaijan, noting that it is in the interests of the EU.
The sides then went on to discuss international and regional issues of mutual interest.
Related news releases
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan condemns missile attacks against Saudi Arabia
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Belarus
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan’s list of undesirable persons includes names of 600 people: Foreign Ministry
- 28.12.2017Date set for ministerial conference of Non-Aligned Movement in Baku
- 28.12.2017MFA: Azerbaijan pursued independent, multi-vector, balanced foreign policy in 2017
- 27.12.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: "Azerbaijan has become one of the centers of inter-civilization dialogue in the world"
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani president pays working visit to Russia
- 26.12.2017Russian officials congratulate Azerbaijani president on his birthday
- 25.12.2017Turkish PM sends letter to Azerbaijani President
- 25.12.2017Azerbaijani president to attend informal meeting of CIS Council of Heads of State
- 25.12.2017Mongolian president congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on his birthday
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani parl’t vice-speaker dismisses reports on deterioration of Baku-Moscow ties
- 09.06.2017Estonian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Queen of United Kingdom
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani FM to attend Astana EXPO-2017
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani foreign ministries exchange letters
- 08.06.2017Emmanuel Macron: France to remain committed to its obligations as MG co-chair