Azerbaijan, Slovenia hold political consultations
Azerbaijan’s Deputy Foreign Minister Khalaf Khalafov has made an official visit to Slovenia in order to hold political consultations with the country’s foreign ministry.
During the visit, Khalafov had a meeting with Slovenia's State Secretary, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Slovenian State Secretary Darja Bavdaž Kuret, Political Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Slovenia Matej Marn, and other officials, the Foreign Ministry’s press service told APA.
Within the framework of political consultations, the sides also discussed bilateral relations, exchanging their views on developing cooperation in the areas of economy, trade, industry, agriculture, transport, communications, energy, high technology, culture and tourism.
Khalafov provided detailed information about the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh, emphasizing the importance of changing the occupation-based status quo and immediate withdrawal of Armenian troops from Azerbaijan’s occupied territories.
Mammadyarov noted that there is no alternative to the resolution of the conflict on the basis of Azerbaijan's sovereignty, territorial integrity, and the inviolability of its internationally recognized borders. He added that European security architecture is an important factor in resolving existing conflicts in the region.
Bavdaž Kuret praised the level of bilateral ties, noting that there is a good potential for both sides to strengthen their ties further. She also touched on the importance of developing business relations as well as relations between people. He praised the prevalent environment of security and stability in Azerbaijan, noting that it is in the interests of the EU.
The sides then went on to discuss international and regional issues of mutual interest.
Related news releases
- 27.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Declaration signed between Azerbaijan and Poland is a very serious political document
- 27.06.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan, Poland hold expanded meeting - UPDATED
- 27.06.2017Polish president: We would like to create a direct railway line between Azerbaijan and Poland
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijani, Polish presidents hold one-on-one meeting in Warsaw - UPDATED
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijan, Poland sign documents
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijani, Polish presidents make statements to the press
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijani, Polish presidents exchange gifts
- 27.06.2017Official welcome ceremony held for Azerbaijani president in Warsaw
- 26.06.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Warsaw for official visit
- 26.06.2017Uncertainty continues over Agramunt’s PACE presidency
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received Russian deputy prime minister
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received President and Chairman of VTB Bank Management Board
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received Executive Chairman of Formula One Group
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received editor-in-chief of Russian “Zavtra” newspaper
- 24.06.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Slovenian president
- 24.06.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Croatian president
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan names new ambassador to France
- 23.06.2017Moldovan president completes visit to Azerbaijan
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Georgia should implement joint educational projects - UPDATED
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan to demand explanation from Czech Foreign Ministry on ambassador’s statements
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan's candidate for UNESCO director-general visits Germany
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani FM meets Costa Rican counterpart in Baku
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates new Saudi crown prince
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Costa Rican FM
- 23.06.2017Malena Mard: I will get back to work in Swedish foreign ministry
- 23.06.2017UK Ambassador: Azerbaijan is not only a major global energy player but also a source of opportunity for other areas of business
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president: “Need to give dynamism to the relations between Azerbaijan and Moldova”
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijan provides aid to four countries stricken by famine threat
- 22.06.2017Moldovan president visits Alley of Martyrs in Baku
- 22.06.2017Moldovan president pays respect to Azerbaijan's national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 22.06.2017Igor Dodon: Wide range of issues discussed at meeting with Azerbaijani president
- 22.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Moldova have good potential for trade and economic cooperation
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president hosts official dinner reception in honor of Moldovan counterpart
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani, Moldovan presidents make press statements
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani, Moldovan presidents hold expanded meeting
- 22.06.2017PACE co-rapporteurs issue statement after their visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani, Moldovan presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 22.06.2017Official welcoming ceremony held for Moldovan president
- 21.06.2017Moldovan president arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 21.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives former French PM - UPDATED
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani parl’t vice-speaker dismisses reports on deterioration of Baku-Moscow ties
- 09.06.2017Estonian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Queen of United Kingdom
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani FM to attend Astana EXPO-2017
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani foreign ministries exchange letters
- 08.06.2017Emmanuel Macron: France to remain committed to its obligations as MG co-chair