Azerbaijan says UN report on human rights is one-sided, unbalanced
The report of UN rapporteurs on human rights, prepared on the results of the visit to Azerbaijan in September 2016, on the situation of human rights defenders in the country, is one-sided, unbalanced and runs contrary to the spirit of cooperation between Azerbaijan and the UN agencies, said Azerbaijan’s Deputy Foreign Minister Mahmud Mammad-Guliyev.
Mammad-Guliyev made this statement at the High-Level-Segment of the 34th Session of the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva, the Foreign Ministry’s press service told APA.
The deputy minister noted that Azerbaijan actively cooperates with the UN Human Rights Council and the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights.
He said that UN special representatives and rapporteurs are always invited to Azerbaijan, which is a good example of constructive cooperation between Azerbaijan and the UN agencies on the promotion and protection of human rights.
Referring to the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, the deputy minister noted that twenty percent of the Azerbaijani territories were occupied, over a million Azerbaijani people became internally displaced and refugees, and their fundamental rights were violated as a result of Armenia’s military aggression.
Mammad-Guliyev also mentioned the act of genocide committed against civilians in the Azerbaijani town of Khojaly on 26 February 1992, expressing regret that the perpetrators of this massacre have not yet been brought to justice.
The Azerbaijani diplomat called of the UN Human Rights Council and High Commissioner for Human Rights to step up their efforts to restore the violated rghts of Azerbaijani refugees and IPDs.
Related news releases
- 18.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Afghan counterpart
- 18.08.2017Bolivia expresses support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and sovereignty
- 18.08.2017Turkish president to visit Azerbaijan
- 18.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to King of Spain
- 18.08.2017No Azerbaijani nationals among Barcelona terror attack victims
- 18.08.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemns Barcelona terror attack
- 17.08.2017Children of some countries’ presidents and ex-presidents to attend Baku forum
- 17.08.2017Indonesia’s Independence Day celebrated in Baku
- 16.08.2017Vladimir Dorokhin: Number of Azerbaijanis studying in Russia increases day by day
- 14.08.2017Ambassador: Pakistan-Azerbaijan relations higher than strategic partnership
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Egyptian president
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president receives Chairman of Belarusian State Border Committee
- 09.08.2017Turkmen president departs from Azerbaijan
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates president of Singapore
- 08.08.2017Turkmen President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov pays respect to Azerbaijan's national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 08.08.2017Status of Caspian Sea discussed during meeting of Azerbaijani PM and Turkmen president
- 08.08.2017Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan stand for transforming Caspian Sea into source of stability’
- 08.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev: ‘Turkmenistan-Azerbaijan relations at highest level’
- 08.08.2017Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan stand for preserving int’l and regional security’
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan president: ‘We want lasting stability and peace in the region’
- 08.08.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkmenistan co-op will deepen - UPDATED
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen presidents make statement to the press
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan sign documents
- 08.08.2017Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmen-Azerbaijani relations experiencing new stage’
- 08.08.2017Ambassador: ‘Nawaz Sharif's dismissal will not affect Pakistan's relations with other countries’
- 08.08.2017Ambassador: ‘Azerbaijan-Pakistan military coop developing in upward trend’
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen presidents hold meeting in expanded format
- 08.08.2017Turkmen president arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 08.08.2017Tajikistan appoints new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 05.08.2017Turkmen president to visit Azerbaijan
- 04.08.2017Ogtay Asadov to attend Rouhani’s oath-taking ceremony in Iran
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani president calls for unity among Muslim nations
- 03.08.2017Indonesia will always support Azerbaijan in Nagorno-Karabakh issue – ambassador
- 03.08.2017EU allocates € 13.5M to Azerbaijan’s Lankaran
- 01.08.2017ECHR initiates communication upon lawsuit filed by spouses of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 31.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Arizona House of Representatives Speaker
- 31.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassador of Burkina Faso
- 27.07.2017Israeli embassy comments on Lapshin’s request
- 25.07.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates presidents of Liberia and Maldives
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani, Hungarian FMs meet
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijani ambassador meets Russian justice minister
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan removes Georgian TV reporter from ‘black list’
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on March 6-7
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan – an invaluable partner in countering terrorism, former US military official says
- 01.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev ends visit to Pakistan
- 01.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to solidarity among Muslim countries - UPDATED