Azerbaijan says propaganda and glorification of fascism has become Armenia’s state policy
The people of Azerbaijan made great contributions the victory in World War II, Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hikmat Hajiyev said in a statement with regard to the 72nd anniversary of the victory over fascism in World War II, APA reported.
Hajiyev noted that Azerbaijan, which made great contributions in winning World War II, is deeply concerned by ongoing trends of glorification of fascism, racism, xenophobia, and chauvinism.
He said that Azerbaijan joins and backs the UN General Assembly’s resolution titled “Combating glorification of Nazism, neo-Nazism and other practices that contribute to fuelling contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance” as a co-author.
“The last such resolution was passed at the UN General Assembly on 19 December 2016. The resolution demands that racial superiority or hatred, as well as spread of ideas propagandizing racial discrimination, financing them, and any kind of support for racist activities and violence shall be penalized by the law,” he added.
Although Armenia voted in favor of the resolution, this country has made the propaganda of Nazism and glorification of fascism its state policy, stressed Hajiyev.
He noted that the presentation of Garegin Nzhdeh, SS General of Nazi Germany, and Drastamat Kanayan, a.k.a. “Dro”, as “national heroes” and the perpetuation of their names openly demonstrate the true essence of the Armenian regime.
“Garegin Nzhdeh and Drastamat Kanayan committed massacres of Jews and other nationalities in the occupied territories of the USSR during World War II,” said Hajiyev. “In addition, groups of militants from members of the Armenian nationalist organization Tsegakron were set up in Bulgaria and Romania, and this organization call on Armenians all over the world to ally with the Nazis. Inspired by the fascist ideology of racism, the Aryan race and anti-Semitism, Garegin Nzhdeh formed the Armenian national chauvinistic and racist ideology, which is still the main ideology of Armenia’s ruling Republican Party and the entire government.”
He went on to say: “What’s even worst is that the racist ideology, which is called “Nzhdehism”, is included in the education program of secondary and high schools in Armenia, the younger generation is being educated in this spirit. Armenia’s Republican Party, headed by Serzh Sargsyan, considers Nzhdeh to be its ideological leader.”
Hajiyev stressed that Armenia’s attempts to glorify fascism, as well as the unveiling of a monument to Garegin Nzhdeh in the center of Yerevan on May 28, 2016 with the participation of the country’s leadership, are an extreme example of disrespect for millions of people who died in the fight against fascism during World War II, their relatives and veterans
He called on the families of millions of people who sacrificed their lives fighting to save the world from fascism, as well as war veterans and disabled persons, generally the international community to oppose such attempts of Armenia.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2018Romanian president congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Turkey
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey-Azerbaijan joint projects are of great economic and political significance
- 25.04.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan is increasing its military power also at expense of Turkish defense products
- 25.04.2018Turkey is one of world’s powers: Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey brotherhood, friendship has great future
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey ink six documents
- 25.04.2018Erdogan says hopes he will make first foreign visit to Azerbaijan as president after June 24 elections
- 25.04.2018Ankara hosts Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council meeting
- 25.04.2018Israeli envoy visits Guba Genocide Memorial Complex
- 25.04.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Ilham Aliyev is important person for region and whole world
- 25.04.2018Meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents kicks off in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani president officially welcomed in Ankara
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Anitkabir in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: No countries in world are as close to each other as Azerbaijan and Turkey
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents dined together
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Heydar Aliyev Park in Ankara
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey on official visit
- 24.04.2018UN secretary general congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.04.2018France’s Macron congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on presidential election victory
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s consul general addresses Los Angeles Baha’i community
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian foreign intelligence chief
- 23.04.2018Azarbaijan's president to visit Turkey on Tuesday
- 23.04.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been in PACE for 18 years and no one can accuse me of corruption
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 23.04.2018Pakistani president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Russian minister: Stability in Azerbaijan is of great importance
- 23.04.2018PACE spring session kicks off today
- 21.04.2018Georgian PM congratulates Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018TANAP, TAP to play important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security – Turkish minister
- 21.04.2018Plight of Azerbaijani IDPs to be highlighted at PACE spring session
- 20.04.2018Baku: Belgian MPs’ acting as supporters of Kaspar Karampetian causes regret
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry hosts meeting with foreign military attaches
- 20.04.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Miroslav Lajčák: UN’s success in preventing conflict should be the norm – not the exception
- 20.04.2018German president congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Mohammed VI, King of Morocco congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: We're glad that there is an unbiased view of Skripal issue in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: Relations with Azerbaijan a foreign policy priority for Russia
- 08.05.2017Jordanian parliament speaker due in Azerbaijan
- 09.05.2017Armenian lobby experiences another major fiasco while attempting to disrupt Azerbaijanis’ concert in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2017Armenian Diaspora commits provocation in Immortal Regiment march in Moscow
- 08.05.2017Putin sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 08.05.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates France’s President-elect Macron
- 06.05.2017Polad Bulbuloglu: Today, UNESCO needs a resolute person who can offer new ideas