Azerbaijan says propaganda and glorification of fascism has become Armenia’s state policy
The people of Azerbaijan made great contributions the victory in World War II, Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hikmat Hajiyev said in a statement with regard to the 72nd anniversary of the victory over fascism in World War II, APA reported.
Hajiyev noted that Azerbaijan, which made great contributions in winning World War II, is deeply concerned by ongoing trends of glorification of fascism, racism, xenophobia, and chauvinism.
He said that Azerbaijan joins and backs the UN General Assembly’s resolution titled “Combating glorification of Nazism, neo-Nazism and other practices that contribute to fuelling contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance” as a co-author.
“The last such resolution was passed at the UN General Assembly on 19 December 2016. The resolution demands that racial superiority or hatred, as well as spread of ideas propagandizing racial discrimination, financing them, and any kind of support for racist activities and violence shall be penalized by the law,” he added.
Although Armenia voted in favor of the resolution, this country has made the propaganda of Nazism and glorification of fascism its state policy, stressed Hajiyev.
He noted that the presentation of Garegin Nzhdeh, SS General of Nazi Germany, and Drastamat Kanayan, a.k.a. “Dro”, as “national heroes” and the perpetuation of their names openly demonstrate the true essence of the Armenian regime.
“Garegin Nzhdeh and Drastamat Kanayan committed massacres of Jews and other nationalities in the occupied territories of the USSR during World War II,” said Hajiyev. “In addition, groups of militants from members of the Armenian nationalist organization Tsegakron were set up in Bulgaria and Romania, and this organization call on Armenians all over the world to ally with the Nazis. Inspired by the fascist ideology of racism, the Aryan race and anti-Semitism, Garegin Nzhdeh formed the Armenian national chauvinistic and racist ideology, which is still the main ideology of Armenia’s ruling Republican Party and the entire government.”
He went on to say: “What’s even worst is that the racist ideology, which is called “Nzhdehism”, is included in the education program of secondary and high schools in Armenia, the younger generation is being educated in this spirit. Armenia’s Republican Party, headed by Serzh Sargsyan, considers Nzhdeh to be its ideological leader.”
Hajiyev stressed that Armenia’s attempts to glorify fascism, as well as the unveiling of a monument to Garegin Nzhdeh in the center of Yerevan on May 28, 2016 with the participation of the country’s leadership, are an extreme example of disrespect for millions of people who died in the fight against fascism during World War II, their relatives and veterans
He called on the families of millions of people who sacrificed their lives fighting to save the world from fascism, as well as war veterans and disabled persons, generally the international community to oppose such attempts of Armenia.
Related news releases
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia to hold talks on border delimitation
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 08.05.2017Jordanian parliament speaker due in Azerbaijan
- 09.05.2017Armenian lobby experiences another major fiasco while attempting to disrupt Azerbaijanis’ concert in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2017Armenian Diaspora commits provocation in Immortal Regiment march in Moscow
- 08.05.2017Putin sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 08.05.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates France’s President-elect Macron
- 06.05.2017Polad Bulbuloglu: Today, UNESCO needs a resolute person who can offer new ideas