Azerbaijan says propaganda and glorification of fascism has become Armenia’s state policy
The people of Azerbaijan made great contributions the victory in World War II, Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hikmat Hajiyev said in a statement with regard to the 72nd anniversary of the victory over fascism in World War II, APA reported.
Hajiyev noted that Azerbaijan, which made great contributions in winning World War II, is deeply concerned by ongoing trends of glorification of fascism, racism, xenophobia, and chauvinism.
He said that Azerbaijan joins and backs the UN General Assembly’s resolution titled “Combating glorification of Nazism, neo-Nazism and other practices that contribute to fuelling contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance” as a co-author.
“The last such resolution was passed at the UN General Assembly on 19 December 2016. The resolution demands that racial superiority or hatred, as well as spread of ideas propagandizing racial discrimination, financing them, and any kind of support for racist activities and violence shall be penalized by the law,” he added.
Although Armenia voted in favor of the resolution, this country has made the propaganda of Nazism and glorification of fascism its state policy, stressed Hajiyev.
He noted that the presentation of Garegin Nzhdeh, SS General of Nazi Germany, and Drastamat Kanayan, a.k.a. “Dro”, as “national heroes” and the perpetuation of their names openly demonstrate the true essence of the Armenian regime.
“Garegin Nzhdeh and Drastamat Kanayan committed massacres of Jews and other nationalities in the occupied territories of the USSR during World War II,” said Hajiyev. “In addition, groups of militants from members of the Armenian nationalist organization Tsegakron were set up in Bulgaria and Romania, and this organization call on Armenians all over the world to ally with the Nazis. Inspired by the fascist ideology of racism, the Aryan race and anti-Semitism, Garegin Nzhdeh formed the Armenian national chauvinistic and racist ideology, which is still the main ideology of Armenia’s ruling Republican Party and the entire government.”
He went on to say: “What’s even worst is that the racist ideology, which is called “Nzhdehism”, is included in the education program of secondary and high schools in Armenia, the younger generation is being educated in this spirit. Armenia’s Republican Party, headed by Serzh Sargsyan, considers Nzhdeh to be its ideological leader.”
Hajiyev stressed that Armenia’s attempts to glorify fascism, as well as the unveiling of a monument to Garegin Nzhdeh in the center of Yerevan on May 28, 2016 with the participation of the country’s leadership, are an extreme example of disrespect for millions of people who died in the fight against fascism during World War II, their relatives and veterans
He called on the families of millions of people who sacrificed their lives fighting to save the world from fascism, as well as war veterans and disabled persons, generally the international community to oppose such attempts of Armenia.
Related news releases
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 13.11.2017EU appoints new special representative for South Caucasus and crisis in Georgia
- 13.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences to Iraqi PM
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan offers assistance to Iran after earthquake - Iranian envoy
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union commissioners
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union Commissioner for Peace and Security
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry expresses its attitude to the report on the detention of 200 Azerbaijani women in Iraq
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijan’s National Flag Day celebrated in California’s Monterey city
- 09.11.2017Israel's ambassador to Azerbaijan visits western disricts
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with Ethiopian president
- 08.11.2017Ali Hasanov: We feel hurtful about some Turkish MPs having voted against Azerbaijan in PACE
- 08.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to King of Cambodia
- 06.11.2015Georgia is strong with its Azerbaijanis – President Margvelashvili
- 06.11.2015President Ilham Aliyev: Our access to Europe is through Georgia
- 06.11.2015President Ilham Aliyev: I want no unrepaired Azerbaijani school left in Georgia
- 06.11.2015President Ilham Aliyev meets with Azerbaijanis in Georgia’s Marneuli
- 06.11.2015Azerbaijani President: “The biggest sources of threat to the development of the region are the unresolved conflicts”
- 05.11.2015Georgian President: “Azerbaijani Presidents’ visit to our country is of great importance”