Azerbaijan says propaganda and glorification of fascism has become Armenia’s state policy
The people of Azerbaijan made great contributions the victory in World War II, Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hikmat Hajiyev said in a statement with regard to the 72nd anniversary of the victory over fascism in World War II, APA reported.
Hajiyev noted that Azerbaijan, which made great contributions in winning World War II, is deeply concerned by ongoing trends of glorification of fascism, racism, xenophobia, and chauvinism.
He said that Azerbaijan joins and backs the UN General Assembly’s resolution titled “Combating glorification of Nazism, neo-Nazism and other practices that contribute to fuelling contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance” as a co-author.
“The last such resolution was passed at the UN General Assembly on 19 December 2016. The resolution demands that racial superiority or hatred, as well as spread of ideas propagandizing racial discrimination, financing them, and any kind of support for racist activities and violence shall be penalized by the law,” he added.
Although Armenia voted in favor of the resolution, this country has made the propaganda of Nazism and glorification of fascism its state policy, stressed Hajiyev.
He noted that the presentation of Garegin Nzhdeh, SS General of Nazi Germany, and Drastamat Kanayan, a.k.a. “Dro”, as “national heroes” and the perpetuation of their names openly demonstrate the true essence of the Armenian regime.
“Garegin Nzhdeh and Drastamat Kanayan committed massacres of Jews and other nationalities in the occupied territories of the USSR during World War II,” said Hajiyev. “In addition, groups of militants from members of the Armenian nationalist organization Tsegakron were set up in Bulgaria and Romania, and this organization call on Armenians all over the world to ally with the Nazis. Inspired by the fascist ideology of racism, the Aryan race and anti-Semitism, Garegin Nzhdeh formed the Armenian national chauvinistic and racist ideology, which is still the main ideology of Armenia’s ruling Republican Party and the entire government.”
He went on to say: “What’s even worst is that the racist ideology, which is called “Nzhdehism”, is included in the education program of secondary and high schools in Armenia, the younger generation is being educated in this spirit. Armenia’s Republican Party, headed by Serzh Sargsyan, considers Nzhdeh to be its ideological leader.”
Hajiyev stressed that Armenia’s attempts to glorify fascism, as well as the unveiling of a monument to Garegin Nzhdeh in the center of Yerevan on May 28, 2016 with the participation of the country’s leadership, are an extreme example of disrespect for millions of people who died in the fight against fascism during World War II, their relatives and veterans
He called on the families of millions of people who sacrificed their lives fighting to save the world from fascism, as well as war veterans and disabled persons, generally the international community to oppose such attempts of Armenia.
Related news releases
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with UNRWA commissioner-general in New York
- 24.09.2017Elmar Mammadyarov had bilateral meeting with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bahrain
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan, Vanuatu establish diplomatic relations
- 23.09.2017OSCE PA’s Special Representative to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan attaches primary importance to promotion of intercultural, interreligious dialogue – FM Mammadyarov
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan says it will never reconcile with occupation of its territories
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijani President send congratulatory letter to King of Saudi Arabia
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister attends GUAM-Japan ministerial meeting
- 22.09.2017Armenian MPs to go sightseeing in Baku
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani deputy education minister blames Armenian MP for making false remarks at Baku conference
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan calls on EU to display ‘decisive stance’ against Armenia
- 22.09.2017GUAM countries interested in development of mutually beneficial co-op with US
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan says energy co-op with EU has reached level of strategic partnership
- 22.09.2017NATO Secretary General's Special Representative to visit Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2017Armenian MPs to attend Euronest PA conference in Baku
- 21.09.2017Turkic Council foreign ministers meet in New York
- 21.09.2017Work underway to bring home Azerbaijani children found in territories freed from ISIL
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan preparing for Eastern Partnership summit: deputy FM
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan says ‘no serious progress’ in talks with WTO
- 21.09.2017EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on trade to hold meeting in Brussels
- 21.09.2017New Azerbaijan-EU deal unlikely to be signed by year-end – deputy FM
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan, EU to mull new partnership priorities in late September
- 21.09.2017Tehran to host discussions on Caspian Sea’s legal status
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Non-Aligned Movement plays crucial role in maintaining int’l peace
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in New York
- 20.09.2017President: Since 2004, Azerbaijan’s economy has grown more than threefold
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plays important role on global energy market
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Development of democracy, human rights protection among Azerbaijan’s top priorities
- 20.09.2017Chairman of EU Political and Security Committee to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.09.2017Jankauskas announces date of next round of EU-Azerbaijan talks on new deal - UPDATED
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev to address UN General Assembly
- 20.09.2017FM: Azerbaijan supports lasting solution to Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijani President attends state banquet at UN headquarters
- 20.09.2017Benjamin Netanyahu: “Israel expanded corporation with Azerbaijan" - VIDEO
- 19.09.2017China, Azerbaijan consider education a priority area – ambassador
- 19.09.2017PACE co-rapporteurs make statement following their visit to Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with representatives of American Jewish organizations in New York
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Foundation for Ethnic Understanding in New York
- 17.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in the United States for visit
- 15.09.2017First Vice President Mehriban Aliyeva meets with French Minister of State attached to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 08.05.2017Jordanian parliament speaker due in Azerbaijan
- 09.05.2017Armenian lobby experiences another major fiasco while attempting to disrupt Azerbaijanis’ concert in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2017Armenian Diaspora commits provocation in Immortal Regiment march in Moscow
- 08.05.2017Putin sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 08.05.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates France’s President-elect Macron
- 06.05.2017Polad Bulbuloglu: Today, UNESCO needs a resolute person who can offer new ideas