Azerbaijan says propaganda and glorification of fascism has become Armenia’s state policy
The people of Azerbaijan made great contributions the victory in World War II, Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hikmat Hajiyev said in a statement with regard to the 72nd anniversary of the victory over fascism in World War II, APA reported.
Hajiyev noted that Azerbaijan, which made great contributions in winning World War II, is deeply concerned by ongoing trends of glorification of fascism, racism, xenophobia, and chauvinism.
He said that Azerbaijan joins and backs the UN General Assembly’s resolution titled “Combating glorification of Nazism, neo-Nazism and other practices that contribute to fuelling contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance” as a co-author.
“The last such resolution was passed at the UN General Assembly on 19 December 2016. The resolution demands that racial superiority or hatred, as well as spread of ideas propagandizing racial discrimination, financing them, and any kind of support for racist activities and violence shall be penalized by the law,” he added.
Although Armenia voted in favor of the resolution, this country has made the propaganda of Nazism and glorification of fascism its state policy, stressed Hajiyev.
He noted that the presentation of Garegin Nzhdeh, SS General of Nazi Germany, and Drastamat Kanayan, a.k.a. “Dro”, as “national heroes” and the perpetuation of their names openly demonstrate the true essence of the Armenian regime.
“Garegin Nzhdeh and Drastamat Kanayan committed massacres of Jews and other nationalities in the occupied territories of the USSR during World War II,” said Hajiyev. “In addition, groups of militants from members of the Armenian nationalist organization Tsegakron were set up in Bulgaria and Romania, and this organization call on Armenians all over the world to ally with the Nazis. Inspired by the fascist ideology of racism, the Aryan race and anti-Semitism, Garegin Nzhdeh formed the Armenian national chauvinistic and racist ideology, which is still the main ideology of Armenia’s ruling Republican Party and the entire government.”
He went on to say: “What’s even worst is that the racist ideology, which is called “Nzhdehism”, is included in the education program of secondary and high schools in Armenia, the younger generation is being educated in this spirit. Armenia’s Republican Party, headed by Serzh Sargsyan, considers Nzhdeh to be its ideological leader.”
Hajiyev stressed that Armenia’s attempts to glorify fascism, as well as the unveiling of a monument to Garegin Nzhdeh in the center of Yerevan on May 28, 2016 with the participation of the country’s leadership, are an extreme example of disrespect for millions of people who died in the fight against fascism during World War II, their relatives and veterans
He called on the families of millions of people who sacrificed their lives fighting to save the world from fascism, as well as war veterans and disabled persons, generally the international community to oppose such attempts of Armenia.
Related news releases
- 26.05.2017Azerbaijan condemns terror attack in Egypt
- 26.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan highly appreciates Trump’s speech at Arab Islamic American Summit
- 26.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world's strong armies
- 26.05.2017Trump: Azerbaijan is valued partner of US
- 26.05.2017Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan is most interested party in earliest resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2017West Hollywood proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Switzerland
- 25.05.2017Putin: Azerbaijan plays important role in resolving pressing issues on int’l agenda
- 25.05.2017Russia says it has open dialogue with Azerbaijan
- 25.05.2017Document on illegal activities in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands circulated at UN
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with UN Secretary General
- 25.05.2017Republic Day of Azerbaijan celebrated in Los Angeles
- 24.05.2017Lukashenko: Azerbaijan’s high achievements are an example for many states
- 24.05.2017Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.05.2017Erdogan: Turkey highly appreciates Azerbaijan’s achievements in all areas
- 24.05.2017Pope Francis congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.05.2017Volume of US financial aid to Azerbaijan revealed
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary
- 24.05.2017Armenian representative’s objection causes discontent in Euronest PA
- 24.05.2017UK envoy: Terrorism will never win
- 24.05.2017PACE co-rapporteurs to visit Azerbaijan
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for New York
- 23.05.2017Kings of Sweden, Norway and Netherlands send congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2017Frank-Walter Steinmeier sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s policy aimed at putting an end to conflicts between Muslim countries
- 23.05.2017MFA comments on anti-Azerbaijani article published in Russian state news agency
- 23.05.2017UK embassy in Azerbaijan to open book of condolences
- 23.05.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to change region’s fate - Turkish PM
- 23.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Theresa May
- 23.05.2017No Azerbaijanis among victims of Manchester explosion
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijan checking if its citizens among Manchester blast victims
- 22.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives UAE delegation - UPDATED
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijani FM briefs European Parliament delegation on settlement process of Karabakh conflict
- 22.05.2017BSEC summit ends with adoption of Istanbul Declaration
- 22.05.2017Erdogan: Some were suspicious that BSEC could continue to exist long
- 22.05.2017MP: Azerbaijan supports organizing peace platform between Armenia, Azerbaijan at European Parliament
- 22.05.2017Romanian investors seeking to expand relations with Azerbaijan, says envoy
- 22.05.2017European Parliament committee chair says Azerbaijan is a valuable partner for Europe
- 22.05.2017BSEC summit: Erdogan sharply reacts to Armenian deputy FM’s anti-Azerbaijani remarks
- 22.05.2017Parl’t speaker: Armenia violates regional security, stability by continuing occupation of Azerbaijani territories
- 08.05.2017Jordanian parliament speaker due in Azerbaijan
- 09.05.2017Armenian lobby experiences another major fiasco while attempting to disrupt Azerbaijanis’ concert in Los Angeles
- 09.05.2017Armenian Diaspora commits provocation in Immortal Regiment march in Moscow
- 08.05.2017Putin sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 08.05.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates France’s President-elect Macron
- 06.05.2017Polad Bulbuloglu: Today, UNESCO needs a resolute person who can offer new ideas