Azerbaijan says its military exercises in sovereign territories in line with Vienna Document
The exercises that are currently being conducted by the Azerbaijani Armed Forces in sovereign territories are in line with the Vienna Document 2011 of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry's spokesman Hikmet Hajiyev told APA on March 12.
Hajiyev was commenting on the Armenian Foreign Ministry’s statement regarding the military exercises recently launched by Azerbaijan.
“It seems that only now the Armenian Foreign Ministry has come to realize that Armenia has commitment to the Helsinki Final Act and the Vienna Document on confidence and security building measures,” he said.
Hajiyev stressed that Armenia has occupied Azerbaijani territories by violating its commitments to the UN Charter, the Helsinki Final Act and other OSCE documents.
The spokesman underlined that the ongoing presence of Armenian troops in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan continues to be a major threat to regional peace and security.
“Armenia releases no information about figures for manpower stationed in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan, military equipment pieces and deployment sites as well as the exercises held in the occupied Azerbaijani territories with the participation of the Armenian president. These forces are being hidden from inspections for the Vienna document,” Hajiyev added.
The fact that Armenia held military exercises involving over 40,000 personnel and thousands of military equipment pieces in the occupied Azerbaijani territories after the presidential meeting in Paris in November 2014 and helicopters of Armenia’s armed forces carried out attacking maneuvers over the positions of the Azerbaijani army is another vivid example of Armenia’s hypocrisy and a gross violation of its obligations, the spokesman said.
“The exercises that are currently being conducted by the Azerbaijani Armed Forces in Azerbaijan’s sovereign territories are in line with the provisions of Chapter V of the Vienna Document 2011 of the OSCE,” Hajiyev added.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 15.03.2018Existing opportunities should be utilized to bridge Asia with Europe, says Georgian FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey says quadrilateral co-op format with Azerbaijan, Iran, Georgia to contribute to peace and stability
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs hail new format of quadrilateral cooperation
- 15.03.2018Baku Declaration adopted at meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs
- 15.03.2018Deputy PM: TAP is an important project for Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 12.03.2018Council of Europe Secretary General offers condolences to President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.03.2018Cuban and Afghan leaders extend condolences to Azerbaijani president
- 12.03.2018George Tsereteli: OSCE PA to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan from objective and neutral perspective
- 12.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Georgia co-op is successful not only in region, but also on a global level - UPDATED
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan summons US envoy, hands note of protest
- 12.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Upcoming presidential election will reflect Azerbaijani people’s will - UPDATED