Azerbaijan says its military exercises in sovereign territories in line with Vienna Document
The exercises that are currently being conducted by the Azerbaijani Armed Forces in sovereign territories are in line with the Vienna Document 2011 of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry's spokesman Hikmet Hajiyev told APA on March 12.
Hajiyev was commenting on the Armenian Foreign Ministry’s statement regarding the military exercises recently launched by Azerbaijan.
“It seems that only now the Armenian Foreign Ministry has come to realize that Armenia has commitment to the Helsinki Final Act and the Vienna Document on confidence and security building measures,” he said.
Hajiyev stressed that Armenia has occupied Azerbaijani territories by violating its commitments to the UN Charter, the Helsinki Final Act and other OSCE documents.
The spokesman underlined that the ongoing presence of Armenian troops in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan continues to be a major threat to regional peace and security.
“Armenia releases no information about figures for manpower stationed in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan, military equipment pieces and deployment sites as well as the exercises held in the occupied Azerbaijani territories with the participation of the Armenian president. These forces are being hidden from inspections for the Vienna document,” Hajiyev added.
The fact that Armenia held military exercises involving over 40,000 personnel and thousands of military equipment pieces in the occupied Azerbaijani territories after the presidential meeting in Paris in November 2014 and helicopters of Armenia’s armed forces carried out attacking maneuvers over the positions of the Azerbaijani army is another vivid example of Armenia’s hypocrisy and a gross violation of its obligations, the spokesman said.
“The exercises that are currently being conducted by the Azerbaijani Armed Forces in Azerbaijan’s sovereign territories are in line with the provisions of Chapter V of the Vienna Document 2011 of the OSCE,” Hajiyev added.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Algerian justice minister
- 23.06.2018Afghan deputy FM says relations with Azerbaijan at highest level
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention on Caspian legal status allows laying pipelines on seabed
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention bans military presence of non-party countries in Caspian Sea
- 22.06.2018Russian government approves draft Convention on Caspian legal status
- 22.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives members of ADB Board of Governors
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani PM: There is practically no concept of justice in int’l relations
- 22.06.20182018 CAMCA Regional Forum underway in Baku
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan chose to closely cooperate with West – PM
- 22.06.2018U.S. congressman extends congratulations over centenary of ADR
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Implementation of UN SC resolutions entrusted to OSCE MG co-chairs
- 21.06.2018Guterres stresses importance of implementing UNSC resolutions
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Minsk
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 12.03.2018Council of Europe Secretary General offers condolences to President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.03.2018Cuban and Afghan leaders extend condolences to Azerbaijani president
- 12.03.2018George Tsereteli: OSCE PA to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan from objective and neutral perspective
- 12.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Georgia co-op is successful not only in region, but also on a global level - UPDATED
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan summons US envoy, hands note of protest
- 12.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Upcoming presidential election will reflect Azerbaijani people’s will - UPDATED