Azerbaijan says it will never reconcile with occupation of its territories
Azerbaijan will never reconcile with the occupation of its territories, said Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov.
He said Azerbaijan is deeply concerned over wars and armed conflicts in a number of the OIC member states, which have contributed to greater security challenges, political instability in some regions, large-scale displacement and unprecedented humanitarian crisis.
The minister pointed out that under the order of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, 100 tons of humanitarian aid has been sent to help Rohingya Muslims of Myanmar who are suffering at the result of ongoing mass violence.
According to him, the current situation regarding misunderstanding of Islam in some parts of World confirms vital necessity to strengthen our joint actions to counter Islamophobia.
“We are pleased to see the growing international support for the State of Palestine. I would like to reaffirm Azerbaijan’s full support to the brotherly people of Palestine in their struggle for achieving peace, stability and sustainable development,” Mamamdyarov said stressing that Azerbaijan consistently stands for the two-state solution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict with East Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Palestine.
Mammadyarov expressed gratitude to the OIC and its member states for full support to Azerbaijan with regard to Armenia’s aggression which resulted in the occupation of 20 percent of Azerbaijani lands.
“The Republic of Azerbaijan once again underlines that it shall never reconcile with the occupation of its territories. The resolution of the conflict is possible only on the basis of the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Azerbaijan within its internationally recognized borders,” he said. “In this regards, we also welcome the report of the meeting of the OIC Contact Group on Armenia’s aggression against Azerbaijan, which was held here in the UN headquarters on September 19, 2017.”
He added that the statements and warmongering rhetoric of political-military leadership of Armenia and the attempts to boycott and precondition the substantive negotiations indicate the apparent unwillingness of Yerevan to engage constructively for the settlement of conflict.
Related news releases
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 12.07.2018President Aliyev meets UN under-secretary-general
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends meeting on NATO mission in Afghanistan
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended reception hosted for leaders of NATO allies and partner nations
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani, Afghan presidents meet in Brussels
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan commends reiterated continuous support by EU to its territorial integrity
- 11.07.2018Aktau to host summit of Caspian states in early August
- 11.07.2018Document on Azerbaijan-EU partnership priorities initialed
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan to promote real regional co-op during BSEC chairmanship: Foreign Ministry
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan, EU expected to initial document new partnership priorities
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan’s successes seriously disturb some foreign circles – MFA
- 10.07.2018President of Azerbaijan pays a visit to Belgium
- 10.07.2018Turkish president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: TANAP is a ‘strategic investment’ made in Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood
- 10.07.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey relations stand at highest level
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold expanded meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood will continue to grow stronger
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Turkish president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plans to implement large number of industrial and infrastructure projects - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018Baku: EU-Azerbaijan ties to develop despite position of some forces in European Parliament
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani PM to attend Erdogan’s inauguration
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan intends to raise co-op with SCO to higher level – Mammadyarov
- 07.07.2018OSCE PA’s 27th annual session begins
- 06.07.2018Ramazan Abdulatipov: Caspian ‘on the brink of disaster’
- 05.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan is becoming important East-West and North-South transport corridor - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018European Parliament passes resolution on Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2018UN General Assembly can discuss draft resolution on situation in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 04.07.2018Official reception held in Baku in connection with anniversary of US independence
- 03.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Donald Trump on Independence Day
- 03.07.2018Permanent representatives of Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey address letter to UN Sec-Gen
- 03.07.2018About the tragicomic decision of PACE or the anatomy of “for life sanctioning” of 14 persons
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan attaches primary importance to promotion of intercultural, interreligious dialogue – FM Mammadyarov
- 23.09.2017OSCE PA’s Special Representative to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan, Vanuatu establish diplomatic relations
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijani President send congratulatory letter to King of Saudi Arabia
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister attends GUAM-Japan ministerial meeting
- 22.09.2017Armenian MPs to go sightseeing in Baku