Azerbaijan's Consul General Nasimi Aghayev addresses West Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce
At the invitation of the West Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce (WLACC), Azerbaijan's Los Angeles Consul General Nasimi Aghayev addressed the Chamber members on Nov. 1, 2017.
Considered one of the most influential chambers of commerce in California, the WLACC has over 1250 members representing many renowned companies, including some of the nation's largest corporate entities, the Consulate General of the Republic of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles told APA.
Previous speakers of the WLACC included Los Angeles Mayors, members of U.S. Congress, California state elected officials and others.
In his presentation, the Consul General spoke of Azerbaijan's path to independence and its rapid development as a free and independent nation since 1991. Aghayev informed the participants about the economic reforms undertaken in the country and current efforts by the Government to diversify the economic development even more vigorously into such areas as tourism, IT, agriculture and transportation, among others, which are already beginning to produce positive results, strengthening Azerbaijan's position as the largest economy in the South Caucasus region.
Highlighting Azerbaijan's role in implementing projects of regional and trans-regional importance and magnitude, the Consul General spoke of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railroad that was inaugurated on October 30, 2017 and that is set to connect China with Europe through the shortest and most reliable route.
Informing the Chamber members of Azerbaijan-US economic and trade relations as well as the favorable business and investment climate established in Azerbaijan, Aghayev invited the Chamber members to invest in and trade with Azerbaijan.
The Consul General also informed the audience about the illegal military occupation and ethnic cleansing of around 20% of Azerbaijan's sovereign territory by neighboring Armenia. He noted that this illegal occupation and the ongoing conflict with Azerbaijan has only damaged Armenia's well-being over the last 26 years of its independence, making it the weakest economy of the South Caucasus. "Since 1991, Armenia has lost a million of its population to economic emigration," Aghayev said, adding that integration of Armenia into the large-scale regional projects involving Azerbaijan and the other South Caucasian nation - Georgia, would only be possible once Armenia leaves the occupied territories of Azerbaijan, allowing hundreds of thousands of Azerbaijani displaced population to return to their homes and lands.
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 13.11.2017EU appoints new special representative for South Caucasus and crisis in Georgia
- 13.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences to Iraqi PM
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan offers assistance to Iran after earthquake - Iranian envoy
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union commissioners
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union Commissioner for Peace and Security
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry expresses its attitude to the report on the detention of 200 Azerbaijani women in Iraq
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijan’s National Flag Day celebrated in California’s Monterey city
- 09.11.2017Israel's ambassador to Azerbaijan visits western disricts
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with Ethiopian president
- 08.11.2017Ali Hasanov: We feel hurtful about some Turkish MPs having voted against Azerbaijan in PACE
- 03.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenian lobby tries to impede fair resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 03.11.2017Russian FM, OSCE Secretary General meet in Moscow
- 06.11.2017Azerbaijani FM in Sweden on official visit
- 02.11.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by Vice President of Italian Senate Linda Lanzillotta
- 02.11.2017Agreement on Caspian legal status can be signed in early 2018 – Putin's special envoy
- 02.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Italian Senate VP - UPDATED