Azerbaijan removes Georgian TV reporter from ‘black list’
A Georgian citizen, a reporter of Imedi TV channel, Gurami Rogava, has been removed from the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry’s list of undesirable people who illegally visited the Azerbaijani territories occupied by Armenia, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA on March 2.
The reporter appealed to the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry with a letter in which he expressed his respect for the territorial integrity, sovereignty and inviolability of the internationally recognized borders of Azerbaijan. He said he was unaware of the consequences of his illegal visit to the Armenian-occupied territories of Azerbaijan.
He stressed that the visit was not against Azerbaijan’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.
Expressing regret over his illegal visit, Rogava noted that his visit in no case was aimed at promoting the so-called regime crated in the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
The reporter also apologized to the Azerbaijani government and people for his illegal visit.
Rogava’s letter was thoroughly considered and a decision was made to remove his name from the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry’s list of undesirable people.
The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict entered its modern phase when the Armenian SRR made territorial claims against the Azerbaijani SSR in 1988.
A fierce war broke out between Azerbaijan and Armenia over the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan. As a result of the war, Armenian armed forces occupied some 20 percent of Azerbaijani territory which includes Nagorno-Karabakh and seven adjacent districts (Lachin, Kalbajar, Aghdam, Fuzuli, Jabrayil, Gubadli and Zangilan), and over a million Azerbaijanis became refugees and internally displaced people.
The military operations finally came to an end when Azerbaijan and Armenia signed a ceasefire agreement in Bishkek in 1994.
Dealing with the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is the OSCE Minsk Group, which was created after the meeting of the CSCE (OSCE after the Budapest summit held in Dec.1994) Ministerial Council in Helsinki on 24 March 1992. The Group’s members include Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia, the United States, France, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Belarus, Finland and Sweden.
Besides, the OSCE Minsk Group has a co-chairmanship institution, comprised of Russian, the US and French co-chairs, which began operating in 1996.
Resolutions 822, 853, 874 and 884 of the UN Security Council, which were passed in short intervals in 1993, and other resolutions adopted by the UN General Assembly, PACE, OSCE, OIC, and other organizations require Armenia to unconditionally withdraw its troops from Nagorno-Karabakh.
Related news releases
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijan checking if its citizens among Manchester blast victims
- 22.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives UAE delegation - UPDATED
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijani FM briefs European Parliament delegation on settlement process of Karabakh conflict
- 22.05.2017BSEC summit ends with adoption of Istanbul Declaration
- 22.05.2017Erdogan: Some were suspicious that BSEC could continue to exist long
- 22.05.2017MP: Azerbaijan supports organizing peace platform between Armenia, Azerbaijan at European Parliament
- 22.05.2017Romanian investors seeking to expand relations with Azerbaijan, says envoy
- 22.05.2017European Parliament committee chair says Azerbaijan is a valuable partner for Europe
- 22.05.2017BSEC summit: Erdogan sharply reacts to Armenian deputy FM’s anti-Azerbaijani remarks
- 22.05.2017Parl’t speaker: Armenia violates regional security, stability by continuing occupation of Azerbaijani territories
- 22.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives European Parliament delegation
- 22.05.2017BSEC summit kicks off in Istanbul - UPDATED
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijani president meets crown prince of Abu Dhabi
- 21.05.2017Riyadh hosted Arab Islamic American Summit president Ilham Aliyev attended the event - UPDATED
- 21.05.2017Azerbaijan Defense Minister starts official visit to Georgia
- 21.05.2017Azerbaijani president visits Saudi Arabia
- 20.05.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Iranian president
- 20.05.2017Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit Turkey
- 19.05.2017Ambassador: Hungary has strongest relations with Azerbaijan among South Caucasus countries
- 19.05.2017UAE foreign minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2017USAID representative: $1.3 billion financial aid allocated for Azerbaijan over last 25 years
- 18.05.2017USAID representative: We’ll continue to deepen our cooperation with Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2017Azerbaijan says hopes for proper consideration of VAK appeal
- 18.05.2017European Parliament delegation due in Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2017UN official to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.05.2017Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate - UPDATED
- 17.05.2017Karasin: Russia seeks Caspian Sea to be an example of cooperation, not confrontation
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan to attend CoE Committee of Ministers meeting in Cyprus
- 16.05.2017Chairperson of Kuwaiti Cabinet Committee on Women's Affairs awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President
- 16.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives executive vice chairman of Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations
- 16.05.2017Baku says VAK liquidation can negatively affect Russia’s mediatory role in Karabakh settlement
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani parliament speaker, Russian State Duma chairman to discuss VAK liquidation
- 16.05.2017FM: Italy will continue to support intensifying ties between Azerbaijan, EU
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani MP believes Russian court will change its decision on VAK liquidation
- 16.05.2017Bulgaria has always supported Southern Gas Corridor project, says energy minister
- 15.05.2017Azerbaijan invited to summit in Saudi Arabia that will be attended by Trump
- 14.05.2017Mammadyarov: “In diplomacy negotiations for the sake of negotiations do not exist”
- 12.05.2017Azerbaijan’s Russian community urges efforts to prevent AAC liquidation
- 11.05.2017UNWTO Secretary-General awarded “Dostluq” (Friendship) Order of Azerbaijan
- 11.05.2017Jordan says Azerbaijan stands out with its ‘decisive position’ in fight against int’l terrorism
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on March 6-7
- 02.03.2017Russia: Lapshin has no complaints about detention conditions
- 02.03.2017Ghulam M. Isaczai: Azerbaijan and UN need each other - INTERVIEW
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijani ambassador meets Russian justice minister
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan says UN report on human rights is one-sided, unbalanced
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan – an invaluable partner in countering terrorism, former US military official says