Azerbaijan provides financial aid for restoration of hurricane-damaged synagogue damaged in U.S.
Representatives of the Azerbaijani community in Houston, the Embassy of Azerbaijan in the U.S., Azerbaijan-Israel International Association (AZIZ) and the U.S. Congress visited the Jewish community's largest religious temple in Houston - Congregation Beth Yeshurun synagogue.
They viewed the restoration work that is underway in the synagogue damaged by Hurricane Harvey last year, the Azerbaijani Embassy told APA.
The Azerbaijani delegation met with the leadership of the Congregation Beth Yeshurun, director of the Houston-based American Jewish Committee and other representatives of the local Jewish community.
Irada Akhundova, head of the Houston-Baku Sister City Association and the Azerbaijani Cultural Center in Houston, presented financial assistance for the restoration of the synagogue at the event organized for this purpose. Akhundova underlined that Azerbaijan never forgets its friends.
Expressing gratitude for the financial aid, Rabbi David Rosen praised the rich traditions of multiculturalism in Azerbaijan, which never had anti-Semitism. He also thanked Azerbaijan for being a close partner of the U.S. and Israel.
Vugar Gurbanov, counselor for Azerbaijani Embassy in the U.S., noted that the Jewish community is an integral part of the Azerbaijani society, and that both nations support each other in both difficult and happy times.
Lev Spivak, director general of the Israel-Azerbaijan International Association spoke about the traditions of tolerance and multiculturalism in Azerbaijan and the work done to strengthen Israel-Azerbaijan friendship.
Then, representatives of the Azerbaijani and Jewish communities exchanged views on other issues of mutual interest.
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Pakistani counterpart
- 22.03.2018PACE co-rapporteurs to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 01.03.2018Brock Bierman: USAID has longstanding partnership with Azerbaijani gov’t
- 01.03.2018Mammadyarov, Lavrov discuss bilateral relations in phone call
- 02.03.2018NATO PA secretary general praises Azerbaijan’s contributions to NATO operations
- 28.02.2018USAID official comments on reports of possible reduction of financial aid to Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Azerbaijan represented at Peace Conference in Afghanistan
- 28.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Egyptian ambassador