Azerbaijan provides financial aid for restoration of hurricane-damaged synagogue damaged in U.S.
Representatives of the Azerbaijani community in Houston, the Embassy of Azerbaijan in the U.S., Azerbaijan-Israel International Association (AZIZ) and the U.S. Congress visited the Jewish community's largest religious temple in Houston - Congregation Beth Yeshurun synagogue.
They viewed the restoration work that is underway in the synagogue damaged by Hurricane Harvey last year, the Azerbaijani Embassy told APA.
The Azerbaijani delegation met with the leadership of the Congregation Beth Yeshurun, director of the Houston-based American Jewish Committee and other representatives of the local Jewish community.
Irada Akhundova, head of the Houston-Baku Sister City Association and the Azerbaijani Cultural Center in Houston, presented financial assistance for the restoration of the synagogue at the event organized for this purpose. Akhundova underlined that Azerbaijan never forgets its friends.
Expressing gratitude for the financial aid, Rabbi David Rosen praised the rich traditions of multiculturalism in Azerbaijan, which never had anti-Semitism. He also thanked Azerbaijan for being a close partner of the U.S. and Israel.
Vugar Gurbanov, counselor for Azerbaijani Embassy in the U.S., noted that the Jewish community is an integral part of the Azerbaijani society, and that both nations support each other in both difficult and happy times.
Lev Spivak, director general of the Israel-Azerbaijan International Association spoke about the traditions of tolerance and multiculturalism in Azerbaijan and the work done to strengthen Israel-Azerbaijan friendship.
Then, representatives of the Azerbaijani and Jewish communities exchanged views on other issues of mutual interest.
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 08.06.2018Gambia supports Azerbaijan’s position on Karabakh conflict settlement – FM
- 08.06.2018FM: Gambian president resolutely condemns occupation of Azerbaijani lands by Armenia - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan arrives in Baku
- 01.03.2018Brock Bierman: USAID has longstanding partnership with Azerbaijani gov’t
- 01.03.2018Mammadyarov, Lavrov discuss bilateral relations in phone call
- 02.03.2018NATO PA secretary general praises Azerbaijan’s contributions to NATO operations
- 28.02.2018USAID official comments on reports of possible reduction of financial aid to Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018Azerbaijan represented at Peace Conference in Afghanistan
- 28.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Egyptian ambassador