Azerbaijan plays key role in preventing terrorist penetration into Syria – Erdogan
Terrorist organizations like Islamic State, PKK, PYD, YPG, the Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party/Front (DHKP-C) and the Marxist-Leninist Communist Party (MLCP) are all the same, with the common ambition of weakening Turkey, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said in an interview with APA, Trend and AZERTAC.
“Thanks to standing as one body, one soul against terror and terrorist organizations, we did thwart the most malicious coup attempt in our history which was made by the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO) and resulted in the death of 250 citizens and left 2,193 more wounded,” said Erdogan.
Erdogan thanked President Ilham Aliyev and the people of Azerbaijan for demonstrating solidarity with Turkey against this treacherous organization.
“I want to especially thank my dear brother President Ilham Aliyev and the Azerbaijani people for their solidarity against this treacherous organization. I know that the Azerbaijani people, watching the news from Turkey on July 15, took the same position with us and sincerely wished that this treacherous coup attempt failed,” said the Turkish president.
FETO is a threat to every country it has presence in, Erdogan stressed. “Therefore, we’re content with the action Azerbaijan has been taking against FETO-linked structures,” he added.
Erdogan noted that Turkey actively cooperates with Azerbaijan in the fight against terrorism, as well as in other spheres.
He said that the operational cooperation between the authorized bodies, as well as growing exchange of intelligence data and information continues.
Azerbaijan plays a key role in preventing the penetration of terrorists from abroad to Syria and conducts useful work in this field, added Erdogan.
Related news releases
- 22.01.2018PACE winter session kicks off today
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia to hold talks on border delimitation
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 30.10.2017Uzbek PM arrives in Azerbaijan
- 30.10.2017Erdogan says Turkey will not allow creation of terrorist corridor on its southern border
- 30.10.2017Erdogan: Relations with Azerbaijan at level of strategic alliance give Turkey special joy, pride
- 30.10.2017US provides over $26M to help Azerbaijan combat proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, says ambassador
- 30.10.2017US ambassador: BTK project is important part of New Silk Road
- 30.10.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents to outline future plans in Baku – ambassador