Azerbaijan plays key role in preventing terrorist penetration into Syria – Erdogan
Terrorist organizations like Islamic State, PKK, PYD, YPG, the Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party/Front (DHKP-C) and the Marxist-Leninist Communist Party (MLCP) are all the same, with the common ambition of weakening Turkey, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said in an interview with APA, Trend and AZERTAC.
“Thanks to standing as one body, one soul against terror and terrorist organizations, we did thwart the most malicious coup attempt in our history which was made by the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO) and resulted in the death of 250 citizens and left 2,193 more wounded,” said Erdogan.
Erdogan thanked President Ilham Aliyev and the people of Azerbaijan for demonstrating solidarity with Turkey against this treacherous organization.
“I want to especially thank my dear brother President Ilham Aliyev and the Azerbaijani people for their solidarity against this treacherous organization. I know that the Azerbaijani people, watching the news from Turkey on July 15, took the same position with us and sincerely wished that this treacherous coup attempt failed,” said the Turkish president.
FETO is a threat to every country it has presence in, Erdogan stressed. “Therefore, we’re content with the action Azerbaijan has been taking against FETO-linked structures,” he added.
Erdogan noted that Turkey actively cooperates with Azerbaijan in the fight against terrorism, as well as in other spheres.
He said that the operational cooperation between the authorized bodies, as well as growing exchange of intelligence data and information continues.
Azerbaijan plays a key role in preventing the penetration of terrorists from abroad to Syria and conducts useful work in this field, added Erdogan.
Related news releases
- 26.04.2018Azerbaijani President meets with UK Prime Minister
- 26.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with British MPs
- 26.04.2018Conference on future of Turkey-Russia relations kicks off in Antalya
- 26.04.2018PACE investigation body’s corruption report lacks ‘real facts’ – Azerbaijani MP
- 26.04.2018British minister: Ilham Aliyev’s re-election as president will ensure continuation of Azerbaijan’s rapid development
- 26.04.2018Head of Azerbaijani delegation slams corruption report by PACE Independent External Investigation Body
- 26.04.2018Allegations of corruption in PACE: Stefan Schennach objects to mention of his name in report
- 26.04.2018Angela Merkel congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.04.2018Romanian president congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Turkey
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey-Azerbaijan joint projects are of great economic and political significance
- 25.04.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan is increasing its military power also at expense of Turkish defense products
- 25.04.2018Turkey is one of world’s powers: Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey brotherhood, friendship has great future
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey ink six documents
- 25.04.2018Erdogan says hopes he will make first foreign visit to Azerbaijan as president after June 24 elections
- 25.04.2018Ankara hosts Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council meeting
- 25.04.2018Israeli envoy visits Guba Genocide Memorial Complex
- 25.04.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Ilham Aliyev is important person for region and whole world
- 25.04.2018Meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents kicks off in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani president officially welcomed in Ankara
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Anitkabir in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: No countries in world are as close to each other as Azerbaijan and Turkey
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents dined together
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Heydar Aliyev Park in Ankara
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey on official visit
- 24.04.2018UN secretary general congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.04.2018France’s Macron congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on presidential election victory
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s consul general addresses Los Angeles Baha’i community
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian foreign intelligence chief
- 23.04.2018Azarbaijan's president to visit Turkey on Tuesday
- 23.04.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been in PACE for 18 years and no one can accuse me of corruption
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 23.04.2018Pakistani president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Russian minister: Stability in Azerbaijan is of great importance
- 23.04.2018PACE spring session kicks off today
- 21.04.2018Georgian PM congratulates Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018TANAP, TAP to play important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security – Turkish minister
- 21.04.2018Plight of Azerbaijani IDPs to be highlighted at PACE spring session
- 30.10.2017Uzbek PM arrives in Azerbaijan
- 30.10.2017Erdogan says Turkey will not allow creation of terrorist corridor on its southern border
- 30.10.2017Erdogan: Relations with Azerbaijan at level of strategic alliance give Turkey special joy, pride
- 30.10.2017US provides over $26M to help Azerbaijan combat proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, says ambassador
- 30.10.2017US ambassador: BTK project is important part of New Silk Road
- 30.10.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents to outline future plans in Baku – ambassador