Azerbaijan plays key role in preventing terrorist penetration into Syria – Erdogan
Terrorist organizations like Islamic State, PKK, PYD, YPG, the Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party/Front (DHKP-C) and the Marxist-Leninist Communist Party (MLCP) are all the same, with the common ambition of weakening Turkey, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said in an interview with APA, Trend and AZERTAC.
“Thanks to standing as one body, one soul against terror and terrorist organizations, we did thwart the most malicious coup attempt in our history which was made by the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO) and resulted in the death of 250 citizens and left 2,193 more wounded,” said Erdogan.
Erdogan thanked President Ilham Aliyev and the people of Azerbaijan for demonstrating solidarity with Turkey against this treacherous organization.
“I want to especially thank my dear brother President Ilham Aliyev and the Azerbaijani people for their solidarity against this treacherous organization. I know that the Azerbaijani people, watching the news from Turkey on July 15, took the same position with us and sincerely wished that this treacherous coup attempt failed,” said the Turkish president.
FETO is a threat to every country it has presence in, Erdogan stressed. “Therefore, we’re content with the action Azerbaijan has been taking against FETO-linked structures,” he added.
Erdogan noted that Turkey actively cooperates with Azerbaijan in the fight against terrorism, as well as in other spheres.
He said that the operational cooperation between the authorized bodies, as well as growing exchange of intelligence data and information continues.
Azerbaijan plays a key role in preventing the penetration of terrorists from abroad to Syria and conducts useful work in this field, added Erdogan.
Related news releases
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 30.10.2017Uzbek PM arrives in Azerbaijan
- 30.10.2017Erdogan says Turkey will not allow creation of terrorist corridor on its southern border
- 30.10.2017Erdogan: Relations with Azerbaijan at level of strategic alliance give Turkey special joy, pride
- 30.10.2017US provides over $26M to help Azerbaijan combat proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, says ambassador
- 30.10.2017US ambassador: BTK project is important part of New Silk Road
- 30.10.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents to outline future plans in Baku – ambassador