Azerbaijan, Palestine hold political consultations
Baku hosted on Tuesday political consultations between the foreign ministries of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the State of Palestine.
The consultations were chaired by Azerbaijan’s Deputy Foreign Minister Khalaf Khalafov and the Assistant to the Palestinian Foreign Minister for Asia, Africa, and Austria, Mazen Shamiyah, the Azerbaijani foreign ministry told APA.
Khalafov said that Azerbaijan-Palestine ties, which have historical roots, continue to develop successfully.
Khalafov thoroughly informed the Palestinian delegation about the settlement process of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Mazen Shamiyah in turn said Palestine is interested to expand the mutually beneficial cooperation with Azerbaijan in all areas, noting that Palestine highly appreciates Azerbaijan’s humanitarian aid and support at the international level.
Khalafov spoke of Azerbaijan’s role and importance in strengthening the solidarity among Muslim states, mentioning the declaration of the year 2017 as “Year of Islamic Solidarity” upon President Ilham Aliyev’s order.
The sides discussed ways of increasing high-level mutual visits between Azerbaijan and Palestine, boosting the cooperation in the agricultural, humanitarian, tourism, culture, and education areas, and holding culture days, etc.
Related news releases
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives Ukraine’s first vice prime minister
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani heroes
- 13.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria is a very important partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet in Geneva on Oct. 16
- 13.10.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan, Bulgaria make press statements
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Bulgarian presidents meet in Baku
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president officially welcomed in Baku
- 12.10.2017Bulgarian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Bulgarian president to visit Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Iran's economy minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Date of Tehran meeting of Azerbaijani, Russian, Iranian presidents revealed
- 12.10.2017Official of U.S. Department of Defense arrives in Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2017Russian experts explain reasons behind holding of Gerasimov-Dunford in Baku
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijani President pays a working visit to Germany
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan says so-called ‘referendum’ in South Ossetia cannot produce any legal effect
- 16.02.2017‘Dunford-Gerasimov meeting in Baku indicates Azerbaijan’s growing influence’
- 16.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian justice minister - UPDATED
- 16.02.2017MP: Holding of Dunford-Gerasimov meeting in Baku indicates two big states’ trust in Azerbaijan