Azerbaijan is a proven partner in preventing illicit trade in weapons of mass destruction – U.S. diplomat
The U.S. Embassy’s Export Control and Related Border Security (EXBS) office is holding Counter Proliferation Investigations training in Baku for twelve investigators of the Azerbaijani State Customs Committee, five judges and five prosecutors.
Delivering opening remarks in the training, Acting Deputy Chief of the U.S. Ambassador to Azerbaijan Carter Wilbur said that the EXBS program has a long history of cooperation with the Government of Azerbaijan, APA reported.
“We pursue the common goal of preventing the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction,” he said. “This training represents a long-term commitment that our countries have made to this effort. EXBS has been active in Azerbaijan since 1999, and has provided over $26.3 million in training, equipment and support.”
Azerbaijan is a proven partner in preventing the illicit trade in weapons of mass destruction, the U.S. diplomat stressed.
In his remarks, Azerbaijani State Committee Deputy Chairman Shahin Baghirov said that Azerbaijan is interested in studying the experience of the U.S. and the world in proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.
“This training is of great importance to our investigative bodies. I’m sure that they will apply the experience they study here in their future activities,” he added.
The training is conducted by the U.S. Ministries of Homeland Security, Justice and Energy, the U.S. National Nuclear Safety Administration and Ukrainian Export Control Administration for Nuclear Research.
The training will continue until October 13.
- 21.10.2017Pan-African Parliament’s President to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Kubiv: Positivity in Kiev-Baku relations bothers some inside and outside of Ukraine
- 20.10.2017Austrian ambassador: Azerbaijan and Armenia can not be forced into one way of solution - INTERVIEW
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 09.10.2017Conflicts in GUAM area should be resolved on basis of territorial integrity: Georgian FM
- 09.10.2017FMs of GUAM member countries sign Tbilisi Declaration
- 09.10.2017Deputy of EU’s Mogherini arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2017PACE autumn session to start today
- 08.10.2017Mikheil Janelidze: Azerbaijan has an important role in GUAM
- 08.10.2017GUAM Foreign Ministers` meeting kicks off in Tbilisi - PHOTOSESSION