Azerbaijan is a proven partner in preventing illicit trade in weapons of mass destruction – U.S. diplomat
The U.S. Embassy’s Export Control and Related Border Security (EXBS) office is holding Counter Proliferation Investigations training in Baku for twelve investigators of the Azerbaijani State Customs Committee, five judges and five prosecutors.
Delivering opening remarks in the training, Acting Deputy Chief of the U.S. Ambassador to Azerbaijan Carter Wilbur said that the EXBS program has a long history of cooperation with the Government of Azerbaijan, APA reported.
“We pursue the common goal of preventing the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction,” he said. “This training represents a long-term commitment that our countries have made to this effort. EXBS has been active in Azerbaijan since 1999, and has provided over $26.3 million in training, equipment and support.”
Azerbaijan is a proven partner in preventing the illicit trade in weapons of mass destruction, the U.S. diplomat stressed.
In his remarks, Azerbaijani State Committee Deputy Chairman Shahin Baghirov said that Azerbaijan is interested in studying the experience of the U.S. and the world in proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.
“This training is of great importance to our investigative bodies. I’m sure that they will apply the experience they study here in their future activities,” he added.
The training is conducted by the U.S. Ministries of Homeland Security, Justice and Energy, the U.S. National Nuclear Safety Administration and Ukrainian Export Control Administration for Nuclear Research.
The training will continue until October 13.
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention on Caspian legal status allows laying pipelines on seabed
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention bans military presence of non-party countries in Caspian Sea
- 22.06.2018Russian government approves draft Convention on Caspian legal status
- 22.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives members of ADB Board of Governors
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani PM: There is practically no concept of justice in int’l relations
- 22.06.20182018 CAMCA Regional Forum underway in Baku
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan chose to closely cooperate with West – PM
- 22.06.2018U.S. congressman extends congratulations over centenary of ADR
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Implementation of UN SC resolutions entrusted to OSCE MG co-chairs
- 21.06.2018Guterres stresses importance of implementing UNSC resolutions
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Minsk
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.10.2017Conflicts in GUAM area should be resolved on basis of territorial integrity: Georgian FM
- 09.10.2017FMs of GUAM member countries sign Tbilisi Declaration
- 09.10.2017Deputy of EU’s Mogherini arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2017PACE autumn session to start today
- 08.10.2017Mikheil Janelidze: Azerbaijan has an important role in GUAM
- 08.10.2017GUAM Foreign Ministers` meeting kicks off in Tbilisi - PHOTOSESSION