Azerbaijan is a proven partner in preventing illicit trade in weapons of mass destruction – U.S. diplomat
The U.S. Embassy’s Export Control and Related Border Security (EXBS) office is holding Counter Proliferation Investigations training in Baku for twelve investigators of the Azerbaijani State Customs Committee, five judges and five prosecutors.
Delivering opening remarks in the training, Acting Deputy Chief of the U.S. Ambassador to Azerbaijan Carter Wilbur said that the EXBS program has a long history of cooperation with the Government of Azerbaijan, APA reported.
“We pursue the common goal of preventing the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction,” he said. “This training represents a long-term commitment that our countries have made to this effort. EXBS has been active in Azerbaijan since 1999, and has provided over $26.3 million in training, equipment and support.”
Azerbaijan is a proven partner in preventing the illicit trade in weapons of mass destruction, the U.S. diplomat stressed.
In his remarks, Azerbaijani State Committee Deputy Chairman Shahin Baghirov said that Azerbaijan is interested in studying the experience of the U.S. and the world in proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.
“This training is of great importance to our investigative bodies. I’m sure that they will apply the experience they study here in their future activities,” he added.
The training is conducted by the U.S. Ministries of Homeland Security, Justice and Energy, the U.S. National Nuclear Safety Administration and Ukrainian Export Control Administration for Nuclear Research.
The training will continue until October 13.
- 23.02.2018Moldovan president to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018U.S. aims to help Azerbaijan become a strong, prosperous state: Ambassador Cekuta
- 23.02.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with head of Iran's Islamic Culture and Relations Organization
- 23.02.2018Erdogan: 415 sq km now under control in Afrin operation
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan calls Dutch parliament’s decision ‘biased’
- 23.02.2018Film on Khojaly Genocide screened in California
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2017Conflicts in GUAM area should be resolved on basis of territorial integrity: Georgian FM
- 09.10.2017FMs of GUAM member countries sign Tbilisi Declaration
- 09.10.2017Deputy of EU’s Mogherini arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2017PACE autumn session to start today
- 08.10.2017Mikheil Janelidze: Azerbaijan has an important role in GUAM
- 08.10.2017GUAM Foreign Ministers` meeting kicks off in Tbilisi - PHOTOSESSION