Azerbaijan, France celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Azerbaijan and Foreign Minister of the Republic of France have had an exchange of congratulatory letters on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
In the letter addressed to his counterpart Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov expressed his satisfaction with the cooperation forged between Azerbaijan and France in the political, economic, education and cultural fields as well as the ties at the inter-regional level over the past years, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
He mentioned that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s official visit to France is the indication of the quality of political dialogue between our countries based on high level mutual interest and trust.
Noting the successful cooperation projects between the two countries, Minister Mammadyarov stressed that projects such as Baku French Lyceum, French-Azerbaijani University, MoU between the Ministry of Economy of Azerbaijan and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development of France on the inter-regional cooperation will serve to further strengthening friendship between our countries and peoples.
In his letter addressed to Elmar Mammadyarov Foreign Minister of France Jean-Marc Ayrault noted that the past 25 years are marked by continuous development of relations between the two countries in the fields of politics, economy and culture.
Mentioning about joint achievements made by Azerbaijan and France, Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault stated that French-Azerbaijani University established in our country in 2016 is a living symbol of dynamic cooperation of the two countries at all levels.
French Minister also mentioned that as a co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group, his country will continue its mediation efforts towards the peaceful settlement of Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Related news releases
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani, Hungarian FMs meet
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijani, Russian presidents discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 21.07.2017Meeting of Presidents of Russia and Azerbaijan held in Sochi
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Russia for working visit
- 21.07.2017Egyptian embassy organizes official reception in Baku
- 21.07.2017Communiqué on closure of Al-Aqsa Mosque adopted at Baku conference
- 21.07.2017Ambassador: Protraction of Jerusalem problem indicates existence of double standards in int’l policy
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Hungarian ambassador
- 21.07.2017MFA: No Azerbaijani citizens injured in earthquake in Turkey, Greece
- 21.07.2017Russian, Azerbaijani presidents to meet in Sochi – Kremlin
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijan allocates $5M for development of infrastructure in East al-Quds
- 20.07.2017Firudin Hajiyev awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 20.07.2017FM Mammadyarov: OIC – a ‘unique platform’ for Azerbaijan in advancing cooperation with Muslim world
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Tajik ambassador
- 20.07.2017Int’l conference on question of Jerusalem kicks off in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan names new ambassador to China
- 19.07.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to open up great opportunities – Azerbaijani FM
- 19.07.2017FM: Turkmenistan intends to expand relations with Azerbaijan, Turkey
- 19.07.2017Ashgabat to host fifth trilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs
- 19.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM - UPDATED
- 19.07.2017Ambassador: Czech Republic interested in co-op with Azerbaijan within Eastern Partnership
- 19.07.2017Visegrad Four supports soonest signing of Azerbaijan-EU deal on strategic partnership
- 19.07.2017Czech Senate delegation to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2017Eastern Partnership countries’ FMs to meet in September
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary in October
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen FMs mull co-op prospects
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs hold meeting in Baku
- 18.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan interested in expanding ties with Turkmenistan in all areas - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Austrian delegation - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Latvia
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "From now on Latvia and Azerbaijan are considered strategic partners"
- 17.07.2017Latvian President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan hopes for positive appellate court decision on VAK
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets speaker of Latvian parliament
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan-Latvia business forum held in Riga
- 17.07.2017Latvian president: Azerbaijan-EU ties to take more concrete form at Eastern Partnership summit
- 17.07.2017Final document on Caspian Sea’s status nearly 80% agreed - Azerbaijani FM
- 17.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-EU relations developing successfully
- 17.07.2017President Vejonis: Latvia will continue to support Azerbaijan's territorial integrity - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Baku hosts senior officials’ meeting of Istanbul Process
- 17.03.2017Albania fully supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity, says president
- 17.03.2017China’s role in int’l relations highlighted at Baku forum
- 16.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov meets Iran’s ICT minister
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev praises close co-op between Azerbaijan, Georgia - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Albanian counterpart