Azerbaijan, France celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Azerbaijan and Foreign Minister of the Republic of France have had an exchange of congratulatory letters on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
In the letter addressed to his counterpart Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov expressed his satisfaction with the cooperation forged between Azerbaijan and France in the political, economic, education and cultural fields as well as the ties at the inter-regional level over the past years, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
He mentioned that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s official visit to France is the indication of the quality of political dialogue between our countries based on high level mutual interest and trust.
Noting the successful cooperation projects between the two countries, Minister Mammadyarov stressed that projects such as Baku French Lyceum, French-Azerbaijani University, MoU between the Ministry of Economy of Azerbaijan and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development of France on the inter-regional cooperation will serve to further strengthening friendship between our countries and peoples.
In his letter addressed to Elmar Mammadyarov Foreign Minister of France Jean-Marc Ayrault noted that the past 25 years are marked by continuous development of relations between the two countries in the fields of politics, economy and culture.
Mentioning about joint achievements made by Azerbaijan and France, Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault stated that French-Azerbaijani University established in our country in 2016 is a living symbol of dynamic cooperation of the two countries at all levels.
French Minister also mentioned that as a co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group, his country will continue its mediation efforts towards the peaceful settlement of Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Related news releases
- 22.11.2017Head of Azerbaijani PA delivers lecture at meeting of secretaries of CIS security councils
- 22.11.2017Georgian President and PM congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents to meet in Brussels
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani MPs to attend PACE events
- 21.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan supports combating all forms of terrorism
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Lebanese counterpart
- 21.11.2017EU concerned over unresolved conflicts in Eastern Partnership region
- 21.11.2017Fuad Isgandarov: EU attitude towards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity to change soon
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Baku hosts senior officials’ meeting of Istanbul Process
- 17.03.2017Albania fully supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity, says president
- 17.03.2017China’s role in int’l relations highlighted at Baku forum
- 16.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov meets Iran’s ICT minister
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev praises close co-op between Azerbaijan, Georgia - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Albanian counterpart