Azerbaijan, France celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Azerbaijan and Foreign Minister of the Republic of France have had an exchange of congratulatory letters on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
In the letter addressed to his counterpart Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov expressed his satisfaction with the cooperation forged between Azerbaijan and France in the political, economic, education and cultural fields as well as the ties at the inter-regional level over the past years, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
He mentioned that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s official visit to France is the indication of the quality of political dialogue between our countries based on high level mutual interest and trust.
Noting the successful cooperation projects between the two countries, Minister Mammadyarov stressed that projects such as Baku French Lyceum, French-Azerbaijani University, MoU between the Ministry of Economy of Azerbaijan and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development of France on the inter-regional cooperation will serve to further strengthening friendship between our countries and peoples.
In his letter addressed to Elmar Mammadyarov Foreign Minister of France Jean-Marc Ayrault noted that the past 25 years are marked by continuous development of relations between the two countries in the fields of politics, economy and culture.
Mentioning about joint achievements made by Azerbaijan and France, Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault stated that French-Azerbaijani University established in our country in 2016 is a living symbol of dynamic cooperation of the two countries at all levels.
French Minister also mentioned that as a co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group, his country will continue its mediation efforts towards the peaceful settlement of Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Related news releases
- 26.03.2017Denmark supports Azerbaijan's territorial integrity - envoy
- 23.03.2017Pakistan, Azerbaijan enjoy excellent bilateral ties – envoy
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemns London terror attack
- 22.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates his counterpart Mamnoon Hussain on Pakistan Day
- 18.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan submitted draft agreement to European Commission
- 18.03.2017Man shot after attack at Paris Orly airport
- 18.03.2017Azerbaijani President congratulates his Tunisian counterpart
- 18.03.2017Mevlut Cavusoglu: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project to be launched in two months
- 18.03.2017Nowruz festivities held in Washington
- 17.03.2017Mehriban Aliyeva meet with delgation headed by Iranian Minister
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev meets chairman of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Saudi prince - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Fifth Global Baku Forum underway
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president’s messages to French society and president: - OPINION
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev receives Iran’s ICT minister - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry summons Greek ambassador
- 17.03.2017Baku Forum features session on future of Europe
- 17.03.2017Slovenia’s ex-president calls for reconsideration of Eastern Partnership principles
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Latvian counterpart - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Montenegrin counterpart
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan's First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Macedonian first lady
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Macedonian counterpart
- 16.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador Marianna Vardinoyannis
- 16.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets former Latvian president
- 16.03.2017Bulgaria’s ex-president: Solution to int’l conflicts is not dependent on conflict parties only
- 16.03.2017Latvia, Azerbaijan enjoy very good relations – President Vejonis
- 16.03.2017Ex-Bulgarian president urges Armenia to fulfill UN resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 16.03.2017Latvian president: Political will needed to resolve all conflicts
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan turned into a host of int’l events: ex-Polish president
- 16.03.2017Saudi prince urges implementation of resolutions on Palestine, Nagorno-Karabakh
- 16.03.2017No alternative to European integration for Albania, president says
- 16.03.2017Baku – right place for holding int’l forums
- 16.03.2017Macedonian president: We are on threshold of birth of ‘a new world’
- 16.03.2017President Margvelashvili: Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey format is very effective
- 16.03.2017Italian president, British PM congratulate 5th Global Baku Forum participants
- 16.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plays stabilizing role in region
- 15.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives members of Board of Trustees of Nizami Ganjavi International Center
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani president completes official visit to France
- 15.03.2017Armenia’s precondition is nothing more than disruption of talks, boycott and blackmail: Azerbaijani MFA
- 17.03.2017Baku hosts senior officials’ meeting of Istanbul Process
- 17.03.2017Albania fully supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity, says president
- 17.03.2017China’s role in int’l relations highlighted at Baku forum
- 16.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov meets Iran’s ICT minister
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev praises close co-op between Azerbaijan, Georgia - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Albanian counterpart