Azerbaijan, Colombia hold next round of political consultations
Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with Foreign Minister of Colombia, Madame Maria Angela Holguin within his official visit to this country.
In the framework of the meeting, the IV round of the political consultations at the level of foreign ministers was held.
The sides talked about the importance of exchange of high level visits for enhancing the contacts at the various levels between the governments and holding a political dialogue in a regular basis. In this regard, Ministers particularly pointed out that establishment of diplomatic missions has served as an added impulse for dynamism of bilateral cooperation.
Minister Mammadyarov said that there are wide ranges of opportunities for the development of cooperation in the framework of Azerbaijan-Colombia Parliamentary Friendship Groups.
He mentioned that the documents adopted by the Senate of Colombia, namely resolution on “Illegal occupation of the territories of the Republic of Azerbaijan” and document on the 25th anniversary of Khojaly Genocide are highly appreciated.
Briefing his counterpart about the current status of negotiation process on Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Mammadyarov thanked the Government of Colombia for the consistent support, which based on principles of international law, namely sovereignty, territorial integrity and inviolability of borders of States, to fair stance of Azerbaijan in the settlement of conflict.
Furthermore, the Azerbaijani foreign ministers congratulated the People of Columbia for the signed Peace Agreement which put an end to long-lasting conflict in the country and added that the Peace Agreement would bring lots of opportunities for sustainable development of the country.
Mammadyarov mentioned that the trade turnover between our countries doesn’t meet the current potential and talked about the importance of establishment of Joint Working Group on cooperation in the trade-economy sphere.
Talking about the cooperation in the humanitarian field Mammadyarov thanked to the Colombian side for the initiative and support to Spanish language courses for the diplomats of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan.
Meanwhile, the foreign minister said that opportunities are on the table for enhancing and deepening the relations in the sphere of tourism and added that Columbia’s addition to the “ASAN Visa” system would serve to welcome in Azerbaijan more tourists from Colombia.
Madame Maria Angela Holguin emphasized that the Government of Colombia attaches special attention to diversification of relations with its new partners and noted that the political consultation is held for achieving that target. Characterizing Colombia as a friend to Azerbaijan, Holguin noted that Azerbaijani companies’ participation is welcomed in the sphere of trade, tourism, investments, etc.
Furthermore, Madame Holguin thanked the Republic and Government of Azerbaijan for supporting peace and said that Colombia would gladly cooperate with Azerbaijan in post conflict projects.
The ministers signed an agreement “On cooperation in the field of culture between the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Colombia”.
At the meeting the book entitled “Anthology of poems of Azerbaijan and Colombia” was also presented.
After the meeting, a joint press conference of the ministers was held.
Furthermore, The ministers joined the working lunch with attendance of well-known members of Colombian business community. Mammadyarov briefed about the fiscal and economic reforms, measures being taken for diversification of non-oil sector in Azerbaijan and answered the questions.
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Macron on France’s World Cup victory
- 16.07.2018Tehran condemns terror attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 16.07.2018Traitors try to commit terrorist acts in Azerbaijan under guise of religion – Turkish envoy
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani official: Impossible to defeat national will
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 12.07.2018President Aliyev meets UN under-secretary-general
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends meeting on NATO mission in Afghanistan
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended reception hosted for leaders of NATO allies and partner nations
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani, Afghan presidents meet in Brussels
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan commends reiterated continuous support by EU to its territorial integrity
- 11.07.2018Aktau to host summit of Caspian states in early August
- 11.07.2018Document on Azerbaijan-EU partnership priorities initialed
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan to promote real regional co-op during BSEC chairmanship: Foreign Ministry
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan, EU expected to initial document new partnership priorities
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan’s successes seriously disturb some foreign circles – MFA
- 10.07.2018President of Azerbaijan pays a visit to Belgium
- 10.07.2018Turkish president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: TANAP is a ‘strategic investment’ made in Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood
- 10.07.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey relations stand at highest level
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold expanded meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood will continue to grow stronger
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Turkish president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plans to implement large number of industrial and infrastructure projects - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018Baku: EU-Azerbaijan ties to develop despite position of some forces in European Parliament
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani PM to attend Erdogan’s inauguration
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan intends to raise co-op with SCO to higher level – Mammadyarov
- 31.05.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM visits Afghanistan
- 31.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives US Deputy Assistant Secretary - UPDATED
- 31.05.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan remains a priority country for UK
- 31.05.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with president of Colombia
- 31.05.2017Sefcovic: Azerbaijani gas to be delivered to Europe in 2020
- 31.05.2017Trump: US attaches great importance to joint projects with Azerbaijan