Azerbaijan, Colombia hold next round of political consultations
Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with Foreign Minister of Colombia, Madame Maria Angela Holguin within his official visit to this country.
In the framework of the meeting, the IV round of the political consultations at the level of foreign ministers was held.
The sides talked about the importance of exchange of high level visits for enhancing the contacts at the various levels between the governments and holding a political dialogue in a regular basis. In this regard, Ministers particularly pointed out that establishment of diplomatic missions has served as an added impulse for dynamism of bilateral cooperation.
Minister Mammadyarov said that there are wide ranges of opportunities for the development of cooperation in the framework of Azerbaijan-Colombia Parliamentary Friendship Groups.
He mentioned that the documents adopted by the Senate of Colombia, namely resolution on “Illegal occupation of the territories of the Republic of Azerbaijan” and document on the 25th anniversary of Khojaly Genocide are highly appreciated.
Briefing his counterpart about the current status of negotiation process on Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Mammadyarov thanked the Government of Colombia for the consistent support, which based on principles of international law, namely sovereignty, territorial integrity and inviolability of borders of States, to fair stance of Azerbaijan in the settlement of conflict.
Furthermore, the Azerbaijani foreign ministers congratulated the People of Columbia for the signed Peace Agreement which put an end to long-lasting conflict in the country and added that the Peace Agreement would bring lots of opportunities for sustainable development of the country.
Mammadyarov mentioned that the trade turnover between our countries doesn’t meet the current potential and talked about the importance of establishment of Joint Working Group on cooperation in the trade-economy sphere.
Talking about the cooperation in the humanitarian field Mammadyarov thanked to the Colombian side for the initiative and support to Spanish language courses for the diplomats of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan.
Meanwhile, the foreign minister said that opportunities are on the table for enhancing and deepening the relations in the sphere of tourism and added that Columbia’s addition to the “ASAN Visa” system would serve to welcome in Azerbaijan more tourists from Colombia.
Madame Maria Angela Holguin emphasized that the Government of Colombia attaches special attention to diversification of relations with its new partners and noted that the political consultation is held for achieving that target. Characterizing Colombia as a friend to Azerbaijan, Holguin noted that Azerbaijani companies’ participation is welcomed in the sphere of trade, tourism, investments, etc.
Furthermore, Madame Holguin thanked the Republic and Government of Azerbaijan for supporting peace and said that Colombia would gladly cooperate with Azerbaijan in post conflict projects.
The ministers signed an agreement “On cooperation in the field of culture between the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Colombia”.
At the meeting the book entitled “Anthology of poems of Azerbaijan and Colombia” was also presented.
After the meeting, a joint press conference of the ministers was held.
Furthermore, The ministers joined the working lunch with attendance of well-known members of Colombian business community. Mammadyarov briefed about the fiscal and economic reforms, measures being taken for diversification of non-oil sector in Azerbaijan and answered the questions.
- 16.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Kazakh leader
- 15.12.2017Qatar National Day marked in Baku
- 14.12.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017Bahar Muradova: Europe tends to react only when itself faced with threat
- 13.12.2017Ambassador: Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 13.12.2017‘Jerusalem has not been abandoned,’ Erdogan says
- 13.12.2017OIC member states recognize E. Jerusalem as Palestine’s capital
- 13.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: U.S. should reconsider its decision on Jerusalem
- 13.12.2017U.S. provides over $30.8 million for mine and UXO clearance in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Mahmoud Abbas rules out U.S. mediator role in Palestine-Israel peace process
- 13.12.2017Turkey’s Erdogan calls for recognition of Jerusalem as ‘occupied capital of Palestine’
- 13.12.2017Erdogan calls Israel an ‘occupying and terror state’
- 13.12.2017OIC summit on Jerusalem kicks off in Istanbul
- 13.12.2017OIC FMs meet in Istanbul to discuss Jerusalem issue
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Turkey
- 12.12.2017Iran’s Rouhani to visit Azerbaijan next year
- 12.12.2017ECHR: Armenia has to pay for damage to Azerbaijani IDPs
- 12.12.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues statement on al-Quds
- 12.12.2017Kazakh President Nazarbayev to propose date for Caspian summit
- 12.12.2017Deputy FM says he doesn’t believe in Azerbaijan’s accession to WTO in coming years
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan says issues on aviation agreement with EU can be resolved in early 2018
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia to continue negotiations on border delimitation early next year
- 12.12.2017Caspian states to sign separate agreement on water surface division
- 12.12.2017No middle line or any common principle for division of Caspian seabed: Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 12.12.2017Talks on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement may end by late 2018 – deputy FM
- 11.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian State Duma delegation
- 09.12.2017Erdogan invites Ilham Aliyev to attend OIC summit on Jerusalem issue
- 08.12.2017President Aliyev appoints Azerbaijan’s honorary consul to Djibouti
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Croatia
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Tajikistan
- 08.12.2017Russia never requested Azerbaijan for agrément for Georgy Zuev - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov attends the meeting of the GUAM Council of MFA
- 07.12.2017“ASAN Service” is a huge revolution in field of public services – Azerbaijani president
- 07.12.2017Israeli Embassy in Baku reacts to protests over Trump’s Jerusalem declaration
- 07.12.2017UK minister of state for trade to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijani public concerned over unfair attitude of certain circles in West and Europe
- 07.12.2017Lavrov: Russia will contribute to search for mutually acceptable solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Guba district
- 31.05.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM visits Afghanistan
- 31.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives US Deputy Assistant Secretary - UPDATED
- 31.05.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan remains a priority country for UK
- 31.05.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with president of Colombia
- 31.05.2017Sefcovic: Azerbaijani gas to be delivered to Europe in 2020
- 31.05.2017Trump: US attaches great importance to joint projects with Azerbaijan