Azerbaijan, Colombia hold next round of political consultations
Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with Foreign Minister of Colombia, Madame Maria Angela Holguin within his official visit to this country.
In the framework of the meeting, the IV round of the political consultations at the level of foreign ministers was held.
The sides talked about the importance of exchange of high level visits for enhancing the contacts at the various levels between the governments and holding a political dialogue in a regular basis. In this regard, Ministers particularly pointed out that establishment of diplomatic missions has served as an added impulse for dynamism of bilateral cooperation.
Minister Mammadyarov said that there are wide ranges of opportunities for the development of cooperation in the framework of Azerbaijan-Colombia Parliamentary Friendship Groups.
He mentioned that the documents adopted by the Senate of Colombia, namely resolution on “Illegal occupation of the territories of the Republic of Azerbaijan” and document on the 25th anniversary of Khojaly Genocide are highly appreciated.
Briefing his counterpart about the current status of negotiation process on Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Mammadyarov thanked the Government of Colombia for the consistent support, which based on principles of international law, namely sovereignty, territorial integrity and inviolability of borders of States, to fair stance of Azerbaijan in the settlement of conflict.
Furthermore, the Azerbaijani foreign ministers congratulated the People of Columbia for the signed Peace Agreement which put an end to long-lasting conflict in the country and added that the Peace Agreement would bring lots of opportunities for sustainable development of the country.
Mammadyarov mentioned that the trade turnover between our countries doesn’t meet the current potential and talked about the importance of establishment of Joint Working Group on cooperation in the trade-economy sphere.
Talking about the cooperation in the humanitarian field Mammadyarov thanked to the Colombian side for the initiative and support to Spanish language courses for the diplomats of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan.
Meanwhile, the foreign minister said that opportunities are on the table for enhancing and deepening the relations in the sphere of tourism and added that Columbia’s addition to the “ASAN Visa” system would serve to welcome in Azerbaijan more tourists from Colombia.
Madame Maria Angela Holguin emphasized that the Government of Colombia attaches special attention to diversification of relations with its new partners and noted that the political consultation is held for achieving that target. Characterizing Colombia as a friend to Azerbaijan, Holguin noted that Azerbaijani companies’ participation is welcomed in the sphere of trade, tourism, investments, etc.
Furthermore, Madame Holguin thanked the Republic and Government of Azerbaijan for supporting peace and said that Colombia would gladly cooperate with Azerbaijan in post conflict projects.
The ministers signed an agreement “On cooperation in the field of culture between the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Colombia”.
At the meeting the book entitled “Anthology of poems of Azerbaijan and Colombia” was also presented.
After the meeting, a joint press conference of the ministers was held.
Furthermore, The ministers joined the working lunch with attendance of well-known members of Colombian business community. Mammadyarov briefed about the fiscal and economic reforms, measures being taken for diversification of non-oil sector in Azerbaijan and answered the questions.
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 15.03.2018Existing opportunities should be utilized to bridge Asia with Europe, says Georgian FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey says quadrilateral co-op format with Azerbaijan, Iran, Georgia to contribute to peace and stability
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs hail new format of quadrilateral cooperation
- 15.03.2018Baku Declaration adopted at meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs
- 15.03.2018Deputy PM: TAP is an important project for Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 31.05.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM visits Afghanistan
- 31.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives US Deputy Assistant Secretary - UPDATED
- 31.05.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan remains a priority country for UK
- 31.05.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with president of Colombia
- 31.05.2017Sefcovic: Azerbaijani gas to be delivered to Europe in 2020
- 31.05.2017Trump: US attaches great importance to joint projects with Azerbaijan