Azerbaijan changes e-visa issuance procedure
The Board of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has made a decision to amend the Administrative Regulations on admission of applications and documents for issuing visas to foreign citizens and stateless persons wishing to travel to the country.
According to the Regulations, this electronic service provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is about visa formalization or refusal of it, depending upon the adoption and review of and response to electronic applications of foreigners and stateless persons who wish to travel to the Republic of Azerbaijan in order to obtain a visa (excluding e-tourist visa).
Applications of foreigners and stateless persons for visa issuance shall be reviewed at least 15 days after the date of application within a minimum of 2 working days, in cases prescribed by the President of Azerbaijan or if the visit of a foreigner or stateless person is due to an urgent treatment or serious illness or the death of a close relative residing in Azerbaijan.
State fee in the amount of $20 is paid for transit visas and single entry visas, and $ 350 for multiple entry visas. Payment is carried out through bank, postal, plastic card, internet, electronic payment systems.
There were no other executors of this e-service on the issuance of a visa in electronic form so far.
Until now, the issuance of electronic visas was dealt with only by the Foreign Ministry. In accordance with the changes, the State Security Service and the Foreign Intelligence Service were included in the list of other executors of this e-service. At the same time, the place of submission of e-service has also been changed. The Foreign Ministry will henceforth submit the e-service not on “evisa.mfa.gov.az”, but on “eapplication.mfa.gov.az”.
The decision comes into force on February 27.
Related news releases
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Pakistani counterpart
- 22.03.2018PACE co-rapporteurs to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 28.02.2018The event of the Armenian Diaspora organizations in the European Parliament failured
- 28.02.2018FM Mammadyarov highlights importance of release of Azerbaijani hostages at meeting with ICRC president
- 28.02.2018UN calls Azerbaijan’s social-economic policy ‘exemplary’
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Geneva
- 27.02.201826th anniversary of Khojaly genocide commemorated in Houston
- 26.02.2018Georgia stands against escalation of Karabakh conflict – President Margvelashvili