Azerbaijan calls for Islamic solidarity in resolving Karabakh conflict
The liberation of the Nagorno-Karabakh region from Armenian occupation is a crucial issue for Azerbaijan, said Azerbaijan’s Deputy Foreign Minister Khalaf Khalafov.
Azerbaijan seeks to settle the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within its territorial integrity, sovereignty and internationally recognized borders, said Khalafov addressing an international conference “Islamic solidarity – The Call of The Time” that kicked off in Baku March 15, APA reported.
According to him, Islamic solidarity is of great importance in terms of delivering to the world community the realities of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Azerbaijan welcomes the role of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and the Contact Group established by the OIC on the Karabakh settlement and thanks the OIC for its political and legal assessment to this issue, said Khalafov, calling on other Islamic countries to show solidarity with Azerbaijan in this issue.
He noted that Armenian armed forces conducted a policy of ethnic cleansing in the occupied Azerbaijani territories and committed an act of genocide in the town of Khojaly.
Khalafov accused Armenia of engaging in illegal economic activity in the occupied Azerbaijani territories and exporting local products under false brands.
The diplomat also stressed that Armenia continues to conduct the policy of illegal resettlement in the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
He said Azerbaijan praises the steps taken by OIC member states to ban the entry to people from Nagorno-Karabakh.
The deputy minister pointed out that monuments, graves and mosques were completely destroyed in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands.
“We ask the media of OIC countries to strengthen their activities in covering these issues. Azerbaijan is well aware of Muslim countries in which there conflicts and wars are going on. We believe it’s necessary to unite efforts to resolve these conflicts by creating a mechanism of mutual support,” added Khalafov.
Related news releases
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijan: Excavations by Armenia around Shusha mosque ‘vandalism’
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey to hold political consultations
- 27.03.2017Final statement adopted at summit of GUAM countries’ government heads
- 27.03.2017GUAM calls for resolution of conflicts based on states’ territorial integrity
- 27.03.2017Summit of GUAM countries’ government heads kicks off in Kiev
- 26.03.2017Denmark supports Azerbaijan's territorial integrity - envoy
- 23.03.2017Pakistan, Azerbaijan enjoy excellent bilateral ties – envoy
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemns London terror attack
- 22.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates his counterpart Mamnoon Hussain on Pakistan Day
- 18.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan submitted draft agreement to European Commission
- 18.03.2017Man shot after attack at Paris Orly airport
- 18.03.2017Azerbaijani President congratulates his Tunisian counterpart
- 18.03.2017Mevlut Cavusoglu: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project to be launched in two months
- 18.03.2017Nowruz festivities held in Washington
- 17.03.2017Mehriban Aliyeva meet with delgation headed by Iranian Minister
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev meets chairman of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Saudi prince - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Fifth Global Baku Forum underway
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president’s messages to French society and president: - OPINION
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev receives Iran’s ICT minister - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry summons Greek ambassador
- 17.03.2017Baku Forum features session on future of Europe
- 17.03.2017Slovenia’s ex-president calls for reconsideration of Eastern Partnership principles
- 17.03.2017China’s role in int’l relations highlighted at Baku forum
- 17.03.2017Albania fully supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity, says president
- 17.03.2017Baku hosts senior officials’ meeting of Istanbul Process
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan, France celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 16.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov meets Iran’s ICT minister
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev praises close co-op between Azerbaijan, Georgia - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Albanian counterpart
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Latvian counterpart - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Montenegrin counterpart
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan's First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Macedonian first lady
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Macedonian counterpart
- 16.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador Marianna Vardinoyannis
- 16.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets former Latvian president
- 16.03.2017Bulgaria’s ex-president: Solution to int’l conflicts is not dependent on conflict parties only
- 16.03.2017Latvia, Azerbaijan enjoy very good relations – President Vejonis
- 16.03.2017Ex-Bulgarian president urges Armenia to fulfill UN resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 15.03.2017Armenia invites Azerbaijan to observe parliamentary election
- 15.03.2017Kazakh president to visit Azerbaijan in early April
- 15.03.2017Another PACE Committee to hold meeting in Baku
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan interested in developing relations with PACE on basis of mutual respect
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani MP: Many CoE countries are suffering from conflicts
- 15.03.2017Karabakh conflict to be discussed at PACE Committee meeting in Baku