Azerbaijan calls for Islamic solidarity in resolving Karabakh conflict
The liberation of the Nagorno-Karabakh region from Armenian occupation is a crucial issue for Azerbaijan, said Azerbaijan’s Deputy Foreign Minister Khalaf Khalafov.
Azerbaijan seeks to settle the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within its territorial integrity, sovereignty and internationally recognized borders, said Khalafov addressing an international conference “Islamic solidarity – The Call of The Time” that kicked off in Baku March 15, APA reported.
According to him, Islamic solidarity is of great importance in terms of delivering to the world community the realities of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Azerbaijan welcomes the role of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and the Contact Group established by the OIC on the Karabakh settlement and thanks the OIC for its political and legal assessment to this issue, said Khalafov, calling on other Islamic countries to show solidarity with Azerbaijan in this issue.
He noted that Armenian armed forces conducted a policy of ethnic cleansing in the occupied Azerbaijani territories and committed an act of genocide in the town of Khojaly.
Khalafov accused Armenia of engaging in illegal economic activity in the occupied Azerbaijani territories and exporting local products under false brands.
The diplomat also stressed that Armenia continues to conduct the policy of illegal resettlement in the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
He said Azerbaijan praises the steps taken by OIC member states to ban the entry to people from Nagorno-Karabakh.
The deputy minister pointed out that monuments, graves and mosques were completely destroyed in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands.
“We ask the media of OIC countries to strengthen their activities in covering these issues. Azerbaijan is well aware of Muslim countries in which there conflicts and wars are going on. We believe it’s necessary to unite efforts to resolve these conflicts by creating a mechanism of mutual support,” added Khalafov.
Related news releases
- 30.05.2017Ambassador: Japan expresses deep concern about Nagorno-Karabakh conflict - INTERVIEW
- 29.05.2017Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev phoned Hassan Rouhani
- 29.05.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for Colombia
- 29.05.2017Hassan Rouhani sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 29.05.2017NATO PA spring session ends in Tbilisi
- 29.05.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Hungary
- 29.05.2017Azerbaijan, Russia start joint cross-border operation
- 29.05.2017Utah State Senate signs citation recognizing Azerbaijan Republic Day
- 29.05.2017May 28 recognized as “Azerbaijan National Day” by California State Legislators
- 27.05.2017Emperor of Japan sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani President
- 27.05.2017Azerbaijani president sends letter of condolence to Egyptian counterpart
- 26.05.2017Azerbaijan condemns terror attack in Egypt
- 26.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan highly appreciates Trump’s speech at Arab Islamic American Summit
- 26.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world's strong armies
- 26.05.2017Trump: Azerbaijan is valued partner of US
- 26.05.2017Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan is most interested party in earliest resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2017West Hollywood proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Switzerland
- 25.05.2017Putin: Azerbaijan plays important role in resolving pressing issues on int’l agenda
- 25.05.2017Russia says it has open dialogue with Azerbaijan
- 25.05.2017Document on illegal activities in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands circulated at UN
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with UN Secretary General
- 25.05.2017Republic Day of Azerbaijan celebrated in Los Angeles
- 24.05.2017Lukashenko: Azerbaijan’s high achievements are an example for many states
- 24.05.2017Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.05.2017Erdogan: Turkey highly appreciates Azerbaijan’s achievements in all areas
- 24.05.2017Pope Francis congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.05.2017Volume of US financial aid to Azerbaijan revealed
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary
- 24.05.2017Armenian representative’s objection causes discontent in Euronest PA
- 24.05.2017UK envoy: Terrorism will never win
- 24.05.2017PACE co-rapporteurs to visit Azerbaijan
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for New York
- 23.05.2017Kings of Sweden, Norway and Netherlands send congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2017Frank-Walter Steinmeier sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s policy aimed at putting an end to conflicts between Muslim countries
- 23.05.2017MFA comments on anti-Azerbaijani article published in Russian state news agency
- 23.05.2017UK embassy in Azerbaijan to open book of condolences
- 23.05.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to change region’s fate - Turkish PM
- 23.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Theresa May
- 15.03.2017Armenia invites Azerbaijan to observe parliamentary election
- 15.03.2017Kazakh president to visit Azerbaijan in early April
- 15.03.2017Another PACE Committee to hold meeting in Baku
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan interested in developing relations with PACE on basis of mutual respect
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani MP: Many CoE countries are suffering from conflicts
- 15.03.2017Karabakh conflict to be discussed at PACE Committee meeting in Baku