Azerbaijan calls for Islamic solidarity in resolving Karabakh conflict
The liberation of the Nagorno-Karabakh region from Armenian occupation is a crucial issue for Azerbaijan, said Azerbaijan’s Deputy Foreign Minister Khalaf Khalafov.
Azerbaijan seeks to settle the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within its territorial integrity, sovereignty and internationally recognized borders, said Khalafov addressing an international conference “Islamic solidarity – The Call of The Time” that kicked off in Baku March 15, APA reported.
According to him, Islamic solidarity is of great importance in terms of delivering to the world community the realities of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Azerbaijan welcomes the role of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and the Contact Group established by the OIC on the Karabakh settlement and thanks the OIC for its political and legal assessment to this issue, said Khalafov, calling on other Islamic countries to show solidarity with Azerbaijan in this issue.
He noted that Armenian armed forces conducted a policy of ethnic cleansing in the occupied Azerbaijani territories and committed an act of genocide in the town of Khojaly.
Khalafov accused Armenia of engaging in illegal economic activity in the occupied Azerbaijani territories and exporting local products under false brands.
The diplomat also stressed that Armenia continues to conduct the policy of illegal resettlement in the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
He said Azerbaijan praises the steps taken by OIC member states to ban the entry to people from Nagorno-Karabakh.
The deputy minister pointed out that monuments, graves and mosques were completely destroyed in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands.
“We ask the media of OIC countries to strengthen their activities in covering these issues. Azerbaijan is well aware of Muslim countries in which there conflicts and wars are going on. We believe it’s necessary to unite efforts to resolve these conflicts by creating a mechanism of mutual support,” added Khalafov.
Related news releases
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani President arrives in Sochi for business trip
- 21.07.2017Egyptian embassy organizes official reception in Baku
- 21.07.2017Communiqué on closure of Al-Aqsa Mosque adopted at Baku conference
- 21.07.2017Ambassador: Protraction of Jerusalem problem indicates existence of double standards in int’l policy
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Hungarian ambassador
- 21.07.2017MFA: No Azerbaijani citizens injured in earthquake in Turkey, Greece
- 21.07.2017Russian, Azerbaijani presidents to meet in Sochi – Kremlin
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijan allocates $5M for development of infrastructure in East al-Quds
- 20.07.2017Firudin Hajiyev awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 20.07.2017FM Mammadyarov: OIC – a ‘unique platform’ for Azerbaijan in advancing cooperation with Muslim world
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Tajik ambassador
- 20.07.2017Int’l conference on question of Jerusalem kicks off in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan names new ambassador to China
- 19.07.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to open up great opportunities – Azerbaijani FM
- 19.07.2017FM: Turkmenistan intends to expand relations with Azerbaijan, Turkey
- 19.07.2017Ashgabat to host fifth trilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs
- 19.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM - UPDATED
- 19.07.2017Ambassador: Czech Republic interested in co-op with Azerbaijan within Eastern Partnership
- 19.07.2017Visegrad Four supports soonest signing of Azerbaijan-EU deal on strategic partnership
- 19.07.2017Czech Senate delegation to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2017Eastern Partnership countries’ FMs to meet in September
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary in October
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen FMs mull co-op prospects
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs hold meeting in Baku
- 18.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan interested in expanding ties with Turkmenistan in all areas - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Austrian delegation - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Latvia
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "From now on Latvia and Azerbaijan are considered strategic partners"
- 17.07.2017Latvian President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan hopes for positive appellate court decision on VAK
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets speaker of Latvian parliament
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan-Latvia business forum held in Riga
- 17.07.2017Latvian president: Azerbaijan-EU ties to take more concrete form at Eastern Partnership summit
- 17.07.2017Final document on Caspian Sea’s status nearly 80% agreed - Azerbaijani FM
- 17.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-EU relations developing successfully
- 17.07.2017President Vejonis: Latvia will continue to support Azerbaijan's territorial integrity - UPDATED
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits Freedom Monument in Latvia
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan, Latvia sign joint declaration on strategic partnership
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani, Latvian presidents make press statements
- 15.03.2017Armenia invites Azerbaijan to observe parliamentary election
- 15.03.2017Kazakh president to visit Azerbaijan in early April
- 15.03.2017Another PACE Committee to hold meeting in Baku
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan interested in developing relations with PACE on basis of mutual respect
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani MP: Many CoE countries are suffering from conflicts
- 15.03.2017Karabakh conflict to be discussed at PACE Committee meeting in Baku