Azerbaijan calls for Islamic solidarity in resolving Karabakh conflict
The liberation of the Nagorno-Karabakh region from Armenian occupation is a crucial issue for Azerbaijan, said Azerbaijan’s Deputy Foreign Minister Khalaf Khalafov.
Azerbaijan seeks to settle the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within its territorial integrity, sovereignty and internationally recognized borders, said Khalafov addressing an international conference “Islamic solidarity – The Call of The Time” that kicked off in Baku March 15, APA reported.
According to him, Islamic solidarity is of great importance in terms of delivering to the world community the realities of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Azerbaijan welcomes the role of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and the Contact Group established by the OIC on the Karabakh settlement and thanks the OIC for its political and legal assessment to this issue, said Khalafov, calling on other Islamic countries to show solidarity with Azerbaijan in this issue.
He noted that Armenian armed forces conducted a policy of ethnic cleansing in the occupied Azerbaijani territories and committed an act of genocide in the town of Khojaly.
Khalafov accused Armenia of engaging in illegal economic activity in the occupied Azerbaijani territories and exporting local products under false brands.
The diplomat also stressed that Armenia continues to conduct the policy of illegal resettlement in the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
He said Azerbaijan praises the steps taken by OIC member states to ban the entry to people from Nagorno-Karabakh.
The deputy minister pointed out that monuments, graves and mosques were completely destroyed in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands.
“We ask the media of OIC countries to strengthen their activities in covering these issues. Azerbaijan is well aware of Muslim countries in which there conflicts and wars are going on. We believe it’s necessary to unite efforts to resolve these conflicts by creating a mechanism of mutual support,” added Khalafov.
Related news releases
- 24.04.2018France’s Macron congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on presidential election victory
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s consul general addresses Los Angeles Baha’i community
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian foreign intelligence chief
- 23.04.2018Azarbaijan's president to visit Turkey on Tuesday
- 23.04.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been in PACE for 18 years and no one can accuse me of corruption
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 23.04.2018Pakistani president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Russian minister: Stability in Azerbaijan is of great importance
- 23.04.2018PACE spring session kicks off today
- 21.04.2018Georgian PM congratulates Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018TANAP, TAP to play important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security – Turkish minister
- 21.04.2018Plight of Azerbaijani IDPs to be highlighted at PACE spring session
- 20.04.2018Baku: Belgian MPs’ acting as supporters of Kaspar Karampetian causes regret
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry hosts meeting with foreign military attaches
- 20.04.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Miroslav Lajčák: UN’s success in preventing conflict should be the norm – not the exception
- 20.04.2018German president congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Mohammed VI, King of Morocco congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: We're glad that there is an unbiased view of Skripal issue in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: Relations with Azerbaijan a foreign policy priority for Russia
- 19.04.2018Top Russian, NATO generals meet in Baku
- 19.04.2018Military expert: Baku meeting of Russian, NATO generals aimed at preventing ‘threat of a third world war’
- 19.04.2018Steven Seagal congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to George H.W. Bush
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives NATO delegation
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian General Staff Chief
- 19.04.2018Top Russian, NATO generals to meet in Baku
- 19.04.2018President of the Swiss Confederation congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 19.04.2018President of Hungary congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018Mammadyarov: Metsamor NPP poses serious threat in terms of smuggling of radioactive materials
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Israeli counterpart
- 18.04.2018Ambassador comments on reports of 3 Azerbaijani women getting death penalty in Iraq
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan always focuses on strengthening solidarity between Islamic countries’ youth
- 18.04.2018Lithuanian president congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives IAEA chief
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with youth and sports ministers of OIC countries
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijan appoints ambassador to North Korea
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has achieved great successes on int’l arena over past 15 years
- 18.04.2018Robert Cekuta: Ilham Aliyev’s re-election – positive factor for stability, development
- 15.03.2017Armenia invites Azerbaijan to observe parliamentary election
- 15.03.2017Kazakh president to visit Azerbaijan in early April
- 15.03.2017Another PACE Committee to hold meeting in Baku
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijan interested in developing relations with PACE on basis of mutual respect
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani MP: Many CoE countries are suffering from conflicts
- 15.03.2017Karabakh conflict to be discussed at PACE Committee meeting in Baku