Azerbaijan announces priorities for chairmanship of Council of Europe Committee of Ministers
They are the fight against corruption, social issues, multiculturalism inherent in Azerbaijan and education, especially education on human rights, Deputy Foreign Minister Mahmud Mammadguliyev told journalists, APA reports.
Deputy Minister said that about 20 events would be held in Azerbaijan during the chairmanship. Baku will host the meetings of the PACE Bureau and Standing Committee, a large conference on the fight against corruption.
Mammadguliyev noted that Azerbaijan would also preside over the events to be held in Strasbourg. “The Council of Europe - Azerbaijan action plan for 2014-2016 has been already approved. Secretary General of the Council of Europe Thorbjørn Jagland is expected to visit Baku soon. The action plan will be officially presented during this visit. In fact, some issues will be discussed. I consider that Azerbaijan’s chairmanship and implementation of the new action plan will strengthen the country’s cooperation and partnership with the Council of Europe,” he said.
Azerbaijan will chair in the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe from May 14. Belgium will take over the chairmanship in November this year.
Related news releases
- 24.09.2016Azerbaijani FM: “Azerbaijan attaches primary importance to the promotion of intercultural and interreligious dialogue at all levels”
- 23.09.2016Azerbaijani FM: “Azerbaijan is and will remain committed to further development of energy cooperation in the region by realization of Southern Gas Corridor”
- 23.09.2016Serious improvement achieved in Israel-Azerbaijan political relations - former envoy
- 23.09.2016Azerbaijan, EU interested in developing bilateral relations
- 23.09.2016Austrian Airlines willing to resume flights to Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2016Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan has managed to become a pioneer in the region in initiating and enabling a number of strategic trans-regional projects"
- 22.09.2016Azerbaijani FM: “All terrorist acts are unjustifiable regardless of their motivation and Azerbaijan strongly condemns terrorism in all its forms”
- 22.09.2016UN special rapporteur proposes to create inter-ministerial committee in Azerbaijan for implementation of int’l organizations’ recommendations
- 22.09.2016Knesset says two-state solution only way to settle Israel-Palestine conflict
- 22.09.2016Nagorno-Karabakh belongs to Azerbaijan: Israeli city mayor
- 22.09.2016Comments on Preliminary Opinion by Venice Commission on draft modifications to Azerbaijani Constitution
- 22.09.2016Knesset says no political party in Israel stands against relations with Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2016Israeli Knesset stands for peaceful settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 21.09.2016Azerbaijani defense minister meets with German ambassador
- 21.09.2016Statement issued on visit of European Parliament’s delegation to Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2016“Presentation of Azerbaijan” held in Mexico
- 21.09.2016EU announces €13.5mln assistance package to Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2016PACE to send assessment mission to Azerbaijan’s constitutional referendum
- 20.09.2016Russian minister pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 20.09.2016Azerbaijani president receives Russian minister
- 20.09.2016Baku hosts 13th meeting of EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee
- 20.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev explain reasons for OSCE Baku Office closure
- 20.09.2016President Aliyev: Azerbaijan does not maintain any relations with Freedom House
- 20.09.2016MEP: Azerbaijan – important country for EU
- 20.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee
- 20.09.2016Solution to Palestinian issue of great importance for Israel – Foreign Ministry
- 20.09.2016Visit to Azerbaijan among Netanyahu’s priorities - Israeli MFA
- 19.09.2016Turkish Parliament Speaker: "Azerbaijan takes necessary measures against FETO"
- 19.09.2016Iran always supported Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity – ambassador
- 19.09.2016Azerbaijani FM on working visit in New York
- 19.09.2016NAM Summit Final Document adopted
- 18.09.2016NAM Summit Final Document expresses support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 17.09.2016Azerbaijani President: "We carry out large-scale projects with the CIS countries"
- 16.09.2016Official of US Department of State thanks Azerbaijan for close cooperation
- 16.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev attending CIS Council of Heads of State meeting
- 16.09.2016Iran ready to act intermediary in resolving Karabakh conflict – ambassador
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijani president meet with Moldovan PM
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan, Mexico to hold political consultations
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijani president arrives in Kyrgyzstan
- 16.09.2016French research company conducts opinion survey in Azerbaijan on eve of referendum
- 06.05.2014Azerbaijani President visits monument to Heydar Aliyev in Tbilisi
- 06.05.2014President Ilham Aliyev familiarizes himself with new building of Azerbaijani Embassy in Georgia
- 06.05.2014Azerbaijan Deputy FM: ‘An association agreement is unacceptable to us, we seek a higher level agreement’
- 05.05.2014Israeli ambassador: “We are interested in studying Azerbaijan’s energy experience”
- 05.05.2014Azerbaijan to take over chairmanship of Council of Europe Committee of Ministers
- 03.05.2014Azerbaijani FM to attend meeting of Foreign Ministers of Council of Europe member states