Azerbaijan against KRG referendum: CMO chairman
Azerbaijan, as a country suffering terrorism, is resolutely against the Kurdistan Regional Government's (KRC) referendum on independence, said Chairman of the Caucasian Muslims Office (CMO), Sheikh-ul-Islam Haji Allahshukur Pashazade.
He made the remarks at a conference “Turkish-Azerbaijani friendship as an example of Islamic solidarity” which kicked off in Istanbul on Monday, an APA correspondent reported from Istanbul.
The conference was organized by the CMO with the support of the Turkish Religious Affairs Foundation and Research Centre for Islamic History, Art and Culture of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (IRCICA).
Pashazade said the Islamic Solidarity plays an important role in the fight against terrorist organizations like ISIL, etc.
“Events which are not timely and properly assessed lead to further more serious crimes. If the genocide committed by Armenians in Khojaly town of Azerbaijan, 20 percent of whose territory is under occupation, was properly evaluated, no other genocides would have been committed against Muslims,” he noted.
With regard to the Kurdistan Regional Government's referendum, the CMO chairman said, “Azerbaijan, as a country suffering from separatism, is resolutely against the KRG referendum.
He reminded that the Azerbaijani people, especially President Ilham Aliyev, expressed full support to the Turkish people during the coup attempt made by Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO).
Addressing the conference, Chairman of the Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations Mubariz Gurbanli said they successfully promote the idea of religious unity in order to counteract religious extremism and terror. He noted that these efforts will be continued on a global scale.
Turkey’s Deputy Prime Minister in charge of the Religious Directorate said in his speech that he considers the conference an example of unity between “one nation, two states” and of their warm relations which stem from cultural similarities. Addressing the scholars attending the conference, he said that the biggest responsibility falls on their shoulders in eradicating terrorist organizations like ISIL, FETO, Boko Haram, etc.
“We have to teach the Qur’an, the life of our prophet, and authentic ahadith to our people thoroughly. The only way we can fight terrorists is through knowledge, book, and the Qur’an,” he added.
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 12.07.2018President Aliyev meets UN under-secretary-general
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends meeting on NATO mission in Afghanistan
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended reception hosted for leaders of NATO allies and partner nations
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani, Afghan presidents meet in Brussels
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan commends reiterated continuous support by EU to its territorial integrity
- 11.07.2018Aktau to host summit of Caspian states in early August
- 11.07.2018Document on Azerbaijan-EU partnership priorities initialed
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan to promote real regional co-op during BSEC chairmanship: Foreign Ministry
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan, EU expected to initial document new partnership priorities
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan’s successes seriously disturb some foreign circles – MFA
- 10.07.2018President of Azerbaijan pays a visit to Belgium
- 10.07.2018Turkish president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: TANAP is a ‘strategic investment’ made in Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood
- 10.07.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey relations stand at highest level
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold expanded meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood will continue to grow stronger
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Turkish president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plans to implement large number of industrial and infrastructure projects - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018Baku: EU-Azerbaijan ties to develop despite position of some forces in European Parliament
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani PM to attend Erdogan’s inauguration
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan intends to raise co-op with SCO to higher level – Mammadyarov
- 07.07.2018OSCE PA’s 27th annual session begins
- 06.07.2018Ramazan Abdulatipov: Caspian ‘on the brink of disaster’
- 05.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan is becoming important East-West and North-South transport corridor - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018European Parliament passes resolution on Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2018UN General Assembly can discuss draft resolution on situation in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 04.07.2018Official reception held in Baku in connection with anniversary of US independence
- 03.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Donald Trump on Independence Day
- 03.07.2018Permanent representatives of Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey address letter to UN Sec-Gen
- 03.07.2018About the tragicomic decision of PACE or the anatomy of “for life sanctioning” of 14 persons
- 25.09.2017Ukraine should liberalize its laws to attract Azerbaijani capital, says ambassador
- 25.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Singapore’s president-elect
- 26.09.2017NATO: Reliable ties have been established with Azerbaijan
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with UNRWA commissioner-general in New York
- 24.09.2017Elmar Mammadyarov had bilateral meeting with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bahrain
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan, Vanuatu establish diplomatic relations