Azerbaijan against KRG referendum: CMO chairman
Azerbaijan, as a country suffering terrorism, is resolutely against the Kurdistan Regional Government's (KRC) referendum on independence, said Chairman of the Caucasian Muslims Office (CMO), Sheikh-ul-Islam Haji Allahshukur Pashazade.
He made the remarks at a conference “Turkish-Azerbaijani friendship as an example of Islamic solidarity” which kicked off in Istanbul on Monday, an APA correspondent reported from Istanbul.
The conference was organized by the CMO with the support of the Turkish Religious Affairs Foundation and Research Centre for Islamic History, Art and Culture of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (IRCICA).
Pashazade said the Islamic Solidarity plays an important role in the fight against terrorist organizations like ISIL, etc.
“Events which are not timely and properly assessed lead to further more serious crimes. If the genocide committed by Armenians in Khojaly town of Azerbaijan, 20 percent of whose territory is under occupation, was properly evaluated, no other genocides would have been committed against Muslims,” he noted.
With regard to the Kurdistan Regional Government's referendum, the CMO chairman said, “Azerbaijan, as a country suffering from separatism, is resolutely against the KRG referendum.
He reminded that the Azerbaijani people, especially President Ilham Aliyev, expressed full support to the Turkish people during the coup attempt made by Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO).
Addressing the conference, Chairman of the Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations Mubariz Gurbanli said they successfully promote the idea of religious unity in order to counteract religious extremism and terror. He noted that these efforts will be continued on a global scale.
Turkey’s Deputy Prime Minister in charge of the Religious Directorate said in his speech that he considers the conference an example of unity between “one nation, two states” and of their warm relations which stem from cultural similarities. Addressing the scholars attending the conference, he said that the biggest responsibility falls on their shoulders in eradicating terrorist organizations like ISIL, FETO, Boko Haram, etc.
“We have to teach the Qur’an, the life of our prophet, and authentic ahadith to our people thoroughly. The only way we can fight terrorists is through knowledge, book, and the Qur’an,” he added.
- 23.03.2018Latvia: 'I think highly of voting process in Azerbaijan'
- 23.03.2018Date and agenda of PACE spring session announced
- 23.03.2018Flag hoisting ceremony held in Pakistani embassy in Azerbaijan
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Pakistani counterpart
- 22.03.2018PACE co-rapporteurs to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 25.09.2017Ukraine should liberalize its laws to attract Azerbaijani capital, says ambassador
- 25.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Singapore’s president-elect
- 26.09.2017NATO: Reliable ties have been established with Azerbaijan
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with UNRWA commissioner-general in New York
- 24.09.2017Elmar Mammadyarov had bilateral meeting with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bahrain
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan, Vanuatu establish diplomatic relations