Azerbaijan against KRG referendum: CMO chairman
Azerbaijan, as a country suffering terrorism, is resolutely against the Kurdistan Regional Government's (KRC) referendum on independence, said Chairman of the Caucasian Muslims Office (CMO), Sheikh-ul-Islam Haji Allahshukur Pashazade.
He made the remarks at a conference “Turkish-Azerbaijani friendship as an example of Islamic solidarity” which kicked off in Istanbul on Monday, an APA correspondent reported from Istanbul.
The conference was organized by the CMO with the support of the Turkish Religious Affairs Foundation and Research Centre for Islamic History, Art and Culture of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (IRCICA).
Pashazade said the Islamic Solidarity plays an important role in the fight against terrorist organizations like ISIL, etc.
“Events which are not timely and properly assessed lead to further more serious crimes. If the genocide committed by Armenians in Khojaly town of Azerbaijan, 20 percent of whose territory is under occupation, was properly evaluated, no other genocides would have been committed against Muslims,” he noted.
With regard to the Kurdistan Regional Government's referendum, the CMO chairman said, “Azerbaijan, as a country suffering from separatism, is resolutely against the KRG referendum.
He reminded that the Azerbaijani people, especially President Ilham Aliyev, expressed full support to the Turkish people during the coup attempt made by Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO).
Addressing the conference, Chairman of the Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations Mubariz Gurbanli said they successfully promote the idea of religious unity in order to counteract religious extremism and terror. He noted that these efforts will be continued on a global scale.
Turkey’s Deputy Prime Minister in charge of the Religious Directorate said in his speech that he considers the conference an example of unity between “one nation, two states” and of their warm relations which stem from cultural similarities. Addressing the scholars attending the conference, he said that the biggest responsibility falls on their shoulders in eradicating terrorist organizations like ISIL, FETO, Boko Haram, etc.
“We have to teach the Qur’an, the life of our prophet, and authentic ahadith to our people thoroughly. The only way we can fight terrorists is through knowledge, book, and the Qur’an,” he added.
- 21.10.2017Pan-African Parliament’s President to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Kubiv: Positivity in Kiev-Baku relations bothers some inside and outside of Ukraine
- 20.10.2017Austrian ambassador: Azerbaijan and Armenia can not be forced into one way of solution - INTERVIEW
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 25.09.2017Ukraine should liberalize its laws to attract Azerbaijani capital, says ambassador
- 25.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Singapore’s president-elect
- 26.09.2017NATO: Reliable ties have been established with Azerbaijan
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with UNRWA commissioner-general in New York
- 24.09.2017Elmar Mammadyarov had bilateral meeting with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bahrain
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan, Vanuatu establish diplomatic relations